Final (Part 1)

Say Anything

“Hyung.” Jimin couldn’t take it anymore, he needed help, and who would be better to approach than Jin. “What is it Jimin?” Jin replied without second thought.  He knew that Jimin and Yoongi were in some kind of drama, they don’t call him “mom” for nothing.

“When Yoongi hyung and I were eating ice cream a week ago, he kind of…” Jimin trailed off, he didn’t know if Yoongi would want his feelings exploited and he wasn’t exactly sure of what he was feeling himself, but then again he didn’t even know how Yoongi felt after, since for some reason the other had stopped talking to him. Jin had this look, that it’s-okay-take-your-time look that Jimin only got once in his life, and that was from his mom when he was about to come out to her. Jin was patient. Jimin wondered what he had done to have such good friends. “Jimin it’s fine if you don’t want to talk about it, just tell me how I can help you.” Jin had said, after three minutes of silence. Jimin pondered upon a hundred different excuses, his brain told him to save it, because ‘what would Yoongi hyung feel?’ but he has been holding it in for a fckn week, and before he knew it frustration got the better of him.

They ended up standing there, in the middle of Jin and Namjoon’s tiny dorm room. Jimin’s head was rested on Jin’s chest, with the latter’s thin white shirt soaking up the wetness coming from Jimin’s eyes. Jimin was a mixture of a lot of things, he was confused, angry, tired, and he misses Yoongi, he misses him so fckng much.

Jin then seated Jimin onto his bed, positioning himself on the floor. “When Yoongi hyung and I went to eat ice cream a week ago, his face ended up covered in strawberry ice cream because of me. I kept insisting for him to try it.” Jimin explained, but this time Jin gave him a different look, that the-fck-that’s-it? look and he knows that Jin knows that there’s more to it than that. “Jimin I’ve known Yoongi for more than half of his life, I know there’s more to it than that.” Jin had said, with an overly exasperated sigh. Jin and Yoongi have been friends since forever, they were together 24/7 until Namjoon came along, and even with Namjoon around Jin always makes time to spend with Yoongi, it makes Jimin jealous at times. “Yoongi hyung said he liked me.” Jin was shocked at first but it only lasted a split second, with the corners of his lips immediately tugging into an endearing smile. “Now what’s so wrong with that Chim?” Jimin just got a hell of a lot more frustrated, that was what he was trying to find out. He wanted to know why Yoongi was avoiding him. He wanted to know what was wrong.

“That’s it hyung, I want to know what the fck is wrong. I want to know why Yoongi hyung won’t talk to me. I want to know if I feel the same way.” Jimin said, running out of breath.

“But Jimin, don’t you already know how you feel? If you’re going through this lot and you keep following him around and texts him every day. Trust me I’ve seen your messages, Yoongi haven’t deleted every single one. You like him back Jimin, and you’re doing all of this sht not because he’s your hyung and you want to spare your friendship. It’s more than that. I’ve noticed, even before, when he talks you look at him like he’s the only one there, and he does the same to you.” Jin replied, and Jimin was more shocked than anything. He’d been denying himself of the fact that he does LIKE Min Yoongi for the longest time, because he was scared, scared of all the things that came with feelings and relationships, he was oblivious to the fact that he was actually showing.

Memories came before his eyes, and it was true, he did pay special attention to Yoongi and always put him first. He missed Taehyung’s performance at their university’s classical concert (he played the saxophone), because Yoongi got sick, and although Jin insisted on taking care of him because “Tae’s your best friend Jimin, he will be really sad if he doesn’t see you there.”, he just dismissed the elder with an “It’s my fault Yoongi hyung got sick, I took his umbrella so he didn’t have one when it rained yesterday.”, which was not the case (Yoongi insisted on lending Jimin his umbrella), but it did leave Jin with no choice but to just let Jimin be.

“I need to talk to him hyung. I need to tell him I feel the same way.” Jimin is determined now. He will not let it go another day. “Do you listen to the school’s midnight radio show?” Jin said, with a glint in his eyes. “We have that?” Jimin replied, confused. “Yeah and Namjoon runs it, but I heard that he asked Yoongi to cover for him tonight. This is your chance Jimin. He’ll be taking calls between 10 pm to 11pm.” Jin said, suddenly very excited. “This is your shot Jimin tell him how you feel, if he hangs up on you, call me and I’ll drag him out of the studio.” Jin was right, he has to do this. “Thanks hyung.” Jimin said, with his face lit up like the first Christmas tree he decorated when he was six. He’s gonna tell Yoongi how he feels, he’s gonna tell him.

 


a/n: I'm gonna update the final chapter in two parts, this being the first. The last update will probably happen early next week, or over the weekend. Thanks a lot to all the readers and subscribers. I hope you enjoy this update (even if it is quite short).