Chapter 2

My Princess

 

CHAPTER 2

 

NORMAL POV

 

Yoona started spazzing over the luggage bags inside the mall. She was busy taking pictures of herself with the different bags that she’ll use when she will go to Egypt. But unlike others who just look for different styles and designs, she sticks to one specific luggage bag. She kept on photographing herself with the bag, not minding the people staring at her while they pass by.

 

“So good-looking! How come she’s not photogenic?” Yoona said, referring to the bag beside her.

 

But the manager of the department store seems to be pissed off with her already so she called one of her employees so she hurried herself to stop Im Yoona.

 

“Excuse me Miss! Customers can’t just take pictures.” Sooyoung asked Yoona, pretending that she doesn’t know her because she knows that she’ll be fired if their management knew that they allow people doing something against their laws.

 

“I’m so sorry. These bags also have the rights for portrait, right? But you know, it will soon be mine. So, can I take one more picture?” Yoona reasoned out.

 

“Are you going to buy it?” Sooyoung blurted out, trying to let her manager hear that she cares for their products.

 

“I will! But not right now. I’m still 200,000 won short. Oh! By the way, will it be alright to use it in the desert?” Yoona questioned.

 

“What desert?” Sooyoung whispered.

 

“I will go to Egypt with it! Therefore, before I come for it, you cannot sell it, arasso? Also, you cannot let this luggage be photographed with other women, okay?” Yoona secretly told Sooyoung.

 

“Ohh! The staff here is so polite. Just because of her, I will buy one from here.” Yoona told the manager.

 

“Neh! Thank you Ma’am.” The manager thanked.

 

“Thanks for your hard work!” Yoona thanked back then slowly left.

 

“But ma’am, this version has a limited quantity. Right now, only this one is left.” The manager said.

 

“Really? Oh? I didn’t hear about it!” Yoona responded as she ran her way back to the where the bag was.

 

“Of course! You don’t have a friend who works here in the department store. Who will tell you this?” Sooyoung answered.

 

“There really isn’t any more? Uhh! This is not good. Just to buy this luggage, I have been saving my money for two years.” Yoona blurted out.

 

“Then for these two years you have saved 300 hundred thousand, right?” The manager asked, she was surprised because she thought Yoona was from a wealthy family.

 

“Oh… Recently, my days haven’t been easy.” Yoona uttered then just left the shop.

 

Yoona tried to call her friend as she went away.

 

“I have decided to buy that! You must not sell it, you hear me? Next week, I will receive my wages. Keep it until then, arasso?” Yoona warned Sooyoung.

 

But then, she hung up from her conversation with Sooyoung after she saw a Jewelry shop. She went in immediately.

 

“Annyeong hasseyo! Can I take a look with your jewelries, please?” she asked.

 

Then the lady let her see the different accessories inside. She was really amazed with the various styles of the necklaces, rings, earrings and many more. Then she started pointing out things and asking the employee to please show it to her. When the lady already took out the rings she told to see, she was surprised knowing the prices of those.

 

“Wow! A semester’s tuition!” She sighed after hearing the prices.

 

“How ‘bout this one? How much is this?” Yoona questioned, pointing at a diamond-studded ring with a flower on it.

 

“6 million won, Ma’am.” The lady answered.

 

“Wooow! How can be a ring so expensive! Unbelievable!” She blurted out.

 

“Wrap it up please!” a man suddenly told the employee. He just passed by and saw Yoona looking at the ring so he thought of buying it.

 

“Oh? You are… earlier today… that…” Yoona stammered while pointing her finger towards Donghae.

 

“Aaahh! ‘Princess’! Didn’t you say you were very busy? Why are you here today?” Donghae asked.

 

“I finished work early, moreover, I was also late! Oh right! Good you’re here, give me the 100,000 won!” Yoona demanded.

 

“I remembered that your card number was not sent.” Donghae answered smoothly.

 

“Yes! I must go home and take a look before I will know my card number.” Yoona answered back.

 

“It’s just several numbers and you still haven’t memorized them?” Donghae insulted.

 

“I just recently opened the account that’s why I don’t remember.” Yoona reasoned.

 

“What method are you going to use to pay, Sir?” The employee suddenly asked.

 

“Credit card.” He answered.

 

“Credit card? That is 6 million won!” Yoona scolded. But Donghae just gave her a confused look and already signed the papers given to him by the lady-in-charge.

 

The employee handed a receipt to Donghae and told him that there will be an event downstairs but he was uninterested then just left. Yoona suddenly thought of something and followed him immediately. Donghae was in the elevator already that time and was about to close when Yoona suddenly blocked the doors with her arm. They were not alone that time so Yoona apologized to the other people inside then went in. It was an awkward situation between them and both of them kept silent. Yoona was already thinking of something and tried to take a peek on him. But Donghae was about to look at her at the same time so Yoona just smiled cheaply onto him.

 

Donghae was already in the parking lot and was on his way to his car already but Yoona still keeps on following him sneakily. Donghae who has already felt that she was still on his back, decided to asked her already.

 

“Why did you follow me here?” Donghae suddenly turned back and asked.

 

“That… I know what I’m saying to you is impolite, but I never thought that I would have this kind of courage.” Yoona muttered.

 

“Are you mesmerized by me?” Donghae questioned.

 

“Aniyo. I think I’ll leave first. I have nothing else to say.” Yoona decided not to tell him anymore.

 

“Ah! Strangely melancholy! I’m not saying it twice, you just confirm it!” Donghae said.

 

“Ok then! If you insist! When you bought the ring at first, you got a receipt, right? If you aren’t using it, can you just give it to me?” she asked.

 

“What did you say?” Donghae questioned back.

 

“If you spend 3 million won you can receive a prize. You probably don’t need it, I really need it! This concerns my life problems!” Yoona begged while trying to do her cutesy thingy with some skinship.

 

But suddenly someone called to Donghae so he let go from Yoona’s tight hand grip.

 

“Oh? Yuri-ya! Is preparation for the exhibit going smoothly?” Donghae asked with smile on his face.

 

“20th anniversary since it opened, you know the anniversary will start tomorrow, right? Because I’m a greedy curator, our staffs have worked very hard during this preparation period. I kept thinking of a way to express my gratitude. In the end, I just let them get off from work early. I’m currently the one wiping the desks.” Kwon Yuri, from the other line, muttered but honestly, she wasn’t telling the truth, actually employees were still there in the restaurant and they are the ones doing the chores.

 

“Put it down. Don’t be so hard on yourself.” Kyuhyun cared.

 

“No! Because this is something I like. I don’t feel tired anyway.” Kwon Yuri answered and while Kyuhyun was saying something, someone came in and it was Lee Donghae. He smiled on her brightly and Yuri smiled back and she just bid her farewell to Kyuhyun already.

 

When Kyuhyun has put his phone down, Yoona immediately barged in.

 

“Oh that!” Kyuhyun remembered but when he looked back, Yoona was nowhere in sight.

 

“Yes? I’m here!” Yoona shouted from his back.

 

“That… Are you a student?” Kyuhyun questioned.

 

“Of course! You can tell just by looking at me!” Yoona boasted then turn around to make him impress towards her.

 

“Doesn’t look like it.” Kyuhyun insulted.

 

“Your eyesight is not good. But why are you asking this?” Yoona suddenly asked.

 

“Even if I don’t ask others... Don’t you want to get a part time job? Only, you will work in a company. cleaning… Oh! This receipt is 30,000 won. What about it?” Kyuhyun suddenly remembered about the receipt and made a deal with Yoona.

 

“Do you have a girlfriend? The one who can’t even play dirty tricks?” Yoona suddenly questioned Kyuhyun while leaning her face towards him.

 

“Why are you asking?” Kyuhyun asked back with a witty smile on him.

 

“It’s a crush right?” Yoona suddenly thought.

 

“Who said so?” Kyuhyun answered sheepishly.

 

“No one! Just wait for me here within 3 minutes, okay? Stay here and don’t leave. Let’s end this one sided love and make her your wife! Understand? Then, I’ll take this?” Yoona immediately declared then got the receipt from Kyuhyun’s hands and ran away.

 

It was only 2 minutes and Kyuhyun felt he was just fooled by the girl.

 

“I’m really so silly…” Kyuhyun thought to himself and had his way to the car already.

 

“Wait!!!! Wait!!!” Yoona shouted from afar and quickly stopped Kyuhyun from closing the car’s door.

 

“You really can’t wait for 3 minutes, eh? It’s like you will not be able to eat hot bean curd your whole life. Here you go!” Yoona yelled then threw something to Kyuhyun.

 

“What is this?” Kyuhyun observed.

 

“Have you become a fool?” Yoona blurted out.

 

“What? Fool?!! Aish.. Really! It looks like you really don’t understand the situation. According to my conditions, I refuse to listen to someone who calls me fool…” Kyuhyun cleared but Yoona suddenly interrupted.

 

“Enough! You are rich, right? That woman is also rich, right? Buying an expensive ring for a rich woman and hiring someone to clean, you think those things can move her? Absolutely not! Women, are like this.. When you give things that they did not expect to have, that’s what makes her heart pound. Therefore, go to the museum’s restau and clean the tables. Maybe next year, this time, you can already celebrate your baby’s first birthday.” Yoona explained.

 

“First birthday?” Kyuhyun was surprised hearing Yoona’s words then let go of a sigh and laughed with her words.

 

“Aigoo… Aren’t you too happy? Don’t even bother concealing it.” Yoona said then slapped Kyuhyun’s shoulder lightly while both of them smile with their own.

 

“Are you always this bold when speaking?” Kyuhyun told Yoona, still smiling and Yoona just smiled back and got something from her bag.

 

“Now this is mine, right? Consider this the labor cost. Do it well, Fighting!!!” Yoona showed the receipt to Kyuhyun then cheered him while she leaned really close to Kyuhyun’s face acting like whispering him but just told her cheers for him and walked away happily.

 

Kyuhyun, on the other side, looked while Yoona walked away, still with his smile on him. Suddenly he got a text message from Kwon Yuri saying “Maybe now you went away to buy some gloves or maybe is waiting for me? I will get off from work soon. See you tomorrow! Goodnight!”. Kyuhyun suddenly remembered what Yoona gave him and it was exactly a glove. He can’t resist but to smile on that thought of the girl alone.

 


 

“I’m really hopeless. I suddenly arranged the aged red wine according to the Korean Family’s ways. I’ll continue acting this way even before the exhibition starts. No matter what, I still have to go to the museum to check it.” Kwon Yuri told Donghae after arriving to a restaurant where Donghae has been waiting.

 

“Sit down.” Donghae requested and Yuri had her seat.

 

“This is our first meeting in 10 years.” Lee Donghae muttered.

 

“10 years… already that long. Therefore I said that we should meet today.” Yuri declared.

 

“Happy to see you!” Donghae told Yuri.

 

“You’re always romantic like this.” Yuri joked.

 

“Don’t laugh! I want to have you.” Donghae joked back.

 

“Too cheesy! Our relationship is easy to be confused with.” Yuri boasted.

 

“You are really great. Why make it sound funny?” Donghae uttered.

 

“So curious... Should I show it to you?” Yuri said pertaining to the museum.

 

Then both of them decided to go to the museum that night right after dinner.

 

“Do you know who will come to the presentation tomorrow?” Yuri questioned as they go to the place in the museum where she wants to show something to Lee Donghae.

 

“Are there celebrities?” Donghae questioned back.

 

“President.” Yuri declared.

 

At last, they already reached the place. It was filled with historic items from the imperial family Yuri said she found with her team. And since Donghae was a history professor, of course he was really interested with those things. Yuri invited Donghae to come to the following day’s event. Donghae was left shocked and unspoken because of surprise.

 

“Looks like we’ve come to the Imperial Palace.” Donghae said as they entered and suddenly hugged Yuri from her back.

 

“Really proud of you Kwon Yuri.” Donghae said and Yuri tried to unlock herself from Donghae’s arms but…

 

“Don’t think too much, just stay like that. After tomorrow, not anyone can criticize you, disregard you. They will know that you are someone graceful, beautiful and a very capable woman. It’ll be perfect if we manage to find the book.” Donghae continued, still with his arms liked on Yuri.

 

“Still can’t give up?” Yuri said the slowly get rid of Donghae’s arms.

 

“It’ll be hard if the scholar went to look for it alone.” Yuri continued.

 

“Manager found it. I’m still worried how am I going to announce it. Moreover, you know that this requires time.” Donghae uttered pertaining to the lost book of the imperial family.

 

“In a short time, the museum might have a celebration.” Yuri announced.

 

“What? What celebration?” Donghae asked.

 

“Secret. When the time comes, do wish me well.” Yuri requested.

 



 

 

On the other side, Yoona was already walking her way to home with the luggage bag she has been wishing for. It was also snowing that night so she happily walked home. After reaching, she immediately pressed the numbers for the keylock of their home but unfortunately it didn’t worked.

 

“Ah? What’s wrong?” she thought.

 

She tried for the second time but it was incorrect again. So she decided to call her sister.

 

“Jessica~ah! The door is weird. Don’t tell me they changed the password…” Yoona wasn’t able to continue her words because Jessica suddenly came out from their house and she was shoved away.

 

“What?” Jessica coldly said.

 

“What is this? You’re at home?” Yoona happily answered then gestured of getting inside already but Jessica blocked her way.

 

“I want to be alone for a moment.” Jessica blurted out.

 

“Uh?” Yoona was confused.

 

“Because I want to stay here alone so you have to leave.” Jessica commanded.

 

“Ah… why are you like that? Is this also another individual situation? Should I buy a bowl of soup for you?” Yoona persuaded.

 

“I just want to be alone. Why are you so persistent? You don’t have friends?” Jessica nagged.

 

“I do. Many! However, whenever unnie behaves this way, I would seek refuge with a friend. Now I can’t find any other excuses. I don’t care what my friends think of me. But I’m worried what they’ll think about you.” Yoona insisted.

 

“Since you’re so worried, you should not come to Seoul.” Jessica said then threw Yoona’s toothbrush and quickly closed the door.

 

Yoona, who was left outside, tried her best to call Jessica but she didn’t succeed.

 

“Yah! My things were thrown away!” Yoona yelled from outside after picking up her toothbrush. She suddenly felt tired and just sat in front of the house.

 

“Where should I live..” Yoona asked herself.

 

Suddenly, she thought of something else and decided to go to their university. She was already on the corridor and was on her way to the room where she will stay at, but the lights suddenly . She stopped for a bit after seeing the lights and when she looked back, she suddenly found her professor, Lee Donghae.

 

“Im Yoona?” Lee Donghae yelped.

 

“Oh? Professor! Ah.. Professor, why are you also here?” Yoona excitedly said.

 

“I’ve brought the materials here, how about you?” Lee Donghae asked.

 

“Ah… I also have something to p-put.” Yoona lied but Professor Lee Donghae quickly saw the instant ramen noodles from her hands then she immediately hid it on her back but he immediately figured out what Yoona’s purpose on staying there.

 

“Food...” Lee Donghae muttered.

 

After entering the room she always stays at, and where Professor Lee Donghae’s room was close as well, they both ate the ramen noodles Yoona bought. She was happily eating with his Professor and was sheepishly looking in his direction.

 

“Delicious.” Professor Lee uttered and Yoona just nodded.

 

“Why isn’t professor married yet?” Yoona suddenly questioned.

 

“Fear that I’ll lose popularity.” Lee Donghae jokingly boasted.

 

“Mmmm.. Liar! Your girlfriend must be sad if she heard these words. Almost all students here said that your wife is a beautiful woman. Is it right?” Yoona flirtly said.

 

“Beautiful woman?” he cleared.

 

“Isn’t it right?” she excitingly asked.

 

“Yes, right. Pretty!” He answered but suddenly, Yoona’s cheerful face turned into a gloomy one. She felt disappointed after hearing his professor’s confession.

 

“Ahh.. What style is she? y? Cute?” she continued asking.

 

“What style are you?” Lee Donghae questioned.

 

“Eh?” Yoona surprisingly said.

 

“Because I’m not sure what my type is. I don’t know how to set a standard.” He uttered.

 

“Aii.. Professor! I can see through it with just one look. I’m all of the above.” She declared.

 

“I don’t think so!” he joked.

 

“I can’t deceive you.” She muttered…

 

“You should go after eating. Taking the subway or the bus?” he asked right after finishing his ramen.

 

“Professor, you should go first. I’ll leave a little later.” She answered.

 

“Why?” he asked again.

 

“The teaching assistant asked me to arrange materials. I will leave immediately after I’m done.” She lied again.

 

“Then I’ll go home first!” Professor Lee said then went on his way out already.

 

“Ahh!! There’s a blanket in the cabinet.” He suddenly said.

 

“Neh!” Yoona happily answered but then thought about what her professor just said. She never knew that Professor Lee Donghae already knew about her staying there that night. She happily went to sleep with the blanket her professor offered and did not forget to caress it. But she wasn’t able to sleep, so she decided to go inside her professor’s room. She was surprised with the historic things inside the room and decided to sit down on his seat. Then, she found the book that Professor Lee Donghae wrote himself on the table, faced down with the pages open. She felt happy just by holding the book and the thought of reading it. But she was surprised when she saw a name on the cover of the book named Kwon Yuri. She contemplated for a while with the name but just found herself curious with the name so she quickly opened her account and posted if there’s someone who knows the name Kwon Yuri who is the co-author of the professor’s book ‘The Last Prince’. But she only found answers joking around. She received the comments saying ‘Don’t research on that kind of people’, ‘My mother’s name’, ‘You have to write your own papers’, ‘It was my first love’, and lastly the most senseful one ‘Is it the curator of UK Museum?’. So she was surprised that it was really a museum curator but in the end not believing with the words from unknown people. But she became more curious, she now used the computer from her professor’s room and was surprised when she saw the desktop background, it was a girl smiling brightly. She then turned around to get rid of the girl’s face and posted another thing on her account. “The way to get rid of my boyfriend’s woman is…”. She receive comments like ‘Ignore it and just have faith on your boyfriend’, “Let him realize things” and more. The night just ended like that.

 

It was morning already and Yoona decided to go the museum’s event to check on the curator his professor likes. She was given a leaflet and the picture of the museum curator was on it and she confirmed that it was really that woman. She came in of the museum not interested with the workpieces inside but to only see the curator. She roam around the museum to look for her and there she saw the curator already ascending from the stairs. She suddenly felt intimated after seeing the curator with press around her and just decided to go but she was shocked when she suddenly saw Cho Kyuhyun walking towards her direction so she immediately walked to the stairs on her side but the lady guards won’t allow her to exit that way because it was an entrance so she immediately went on the other way around with her head down to prevent him from seeing him and when she decided to stood up, she ended up in front of the curator where the press are still taking pictures on her. She was surprised when she saw there are already photographers in front of her and when she looked beside her, she was more surprised when she saw herself standing beside of the curator already. So she just went far from them. But as she walks back, she didn’t knew that Cho Kyuhyun was already at the back of her and when she turned back she saw him in front of her with a smirk on his face.

 

“Seeing you in a place like this is really unexpected.” He insulted.

 



 

 

Firstly, I want to apologize for my mistake ast chapter. I wasn't able to edit out the original names of the characters to the new ones. It was really Cho Kyuhyun. AFF wasn't in a good condition last time I posted it and I kept on pasting the story when I was posting it already. And I kept on getting failure. And also I wasn't able to review the story when I already posted it so I'm really really sorry guys. Hope you understand ^^