-일 again-

Playing Defense SECOND VERSION
Please log in to read the full chapter

“NOONAAAAAAAAAAA!”

“Whaa?” Rae mumbled as she jolted up in bed, eyes closed and her hair a mess.

She didn’t hear anything else, so she was about to fall back onto her pillow when she heard, “RAE NOONAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

Now annoyed, she frowned and threw off her blanket. “Who the hell?” she exclaimed, rubbing the sleep from her eyes and trying to flatten her sleep-kinked hair as she trudged down the stairs of her grandfather’s vacation home.

She flung the front door out and cried, “Who dares wake me so early in the morning?” her eyes still not fully open.

“It’s not morning anymore, Rae,” a deep voice answered.

She widened her eyes so quickly, they started to water from the sudden brightness.

“Ack!” she said, covering her eyes from the sunlight.

After a moment of recovery, she slowly got her eyes adjusted to her surroundings, now able to see who she was dealing with.

Or rather, the number of whos she was dealing with.

There, from her stance on the porch, she saw the seven members of BTS spread out on the front lawn, waiting patiently but all with puppy dog eyes. She recalled the deep voice that answered her earlier, and now recognized it as Namjoon’s.

She gaped once she processed all their faces, and strained out a “What the hell are you all doing here?”

Taehyung, with his ever keen hearing, beamed and said, “We thought we could keep you company, noona!”

“But—” she tried.

“Jungkook found out where you were going for the weekend, and we decided to come after you, like in the dramas!” Jimin further explained.

“I—” Rae tried again. And failed.

“We wanted to spend time with you, Rae,” Yoongi said with the whitest smile, “Outside of work. And this seemed like the best opportuni—”

The front door slammed, and the sound of a lock locking followed shortly after.

“Wait, noona!” Jin pleaded right outside the door, as all seven members had rushed the door soon after they heard the sudden noise.

She rolled her eyes, climbing the stairs to get back into bed.

After a year of getting to know them and of constant flirting, she realized that the Bangtan Boys had their fans fooled: they were complete dorks, and nothing like their MV counter-parts, who were composed and y as all hell. Rae became completely turned off as time passed, especially since she was older than all of them: she needed a man in her life, not a boy.

Okay fine, she’d admit there were times when her resolve fell and she wanted to put her hands on one or more of their bodies, but then they’d ruin it by acting like eight year olds. As their stylist, she was exposed to a lot of these antics, and enough was enough. She was determined to not let them have their way: they all had it in their heads that they were in love with her for some reason, and the last straw was this moment, them following her all the way from Seoul to Jeju Island.

As she re-buried herself inside her bed, she fell asleep to the mess of BTS’s voices:

“You’re my everything!!!” Hoseok cried.

“But I want to be your oppa,” Jungkook whined.

“I just need one day!” Jin yelled.

“What am I to you, some kind of toy?” Yoongi growled.

“Let me be your man,” Namjoon voiced.

“Don’t we look good together?” Jimin asked.

“The only thing I can do is love you!" Taehyung exclaimed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next thing Rae knew, she was being gently shaken awake.

“Hey sleepy head,” someone whispered.

“Hmmm,” she groaned, rolling from her stomach to her back, her eyes still closed but a smile apparent on her face.

The room was tinged orange, a sign of the sun going down for the day.

“You know that’s not how I like to be woken up,” she teased in her husky ‘morning’ voice.

The voice chuckled. “I know.”

She finally opened her eyes, still smiling.

“Hey y,” she said,

Please log in to read the full chapter