ONE

My Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ONE

 

It is my last day in university. I’ve been packing my stuff since 6 in the morning because I have a 7 pm flight to Seoul. I am feeling really nervous and excited at the same time.

It’s been 8 months since the last time I saw my favourite people and I can’t wait to see them and hug them and chill with them. By the way, I haven’t introduced myself yet, I am Kwon Ha Neul but everyone calls me Sky, I’m 21 and I just finished my last year in Yale. So I have decided to go back to Korea and continue my studies there. You’re probably wondering why I am going back to Korea-- well obviously, I am a Korean. Haha but really, It’s actually a promise.

A promise I made to someone I left in Seoul. 8 months ago, my break from university was over and I had to leave everything I enjoyed and love in Seoul to finish my studies. I had no choice but to comeback. I had to say goodbye to my favourite people or my crew and just promised them that I’d be back. It was a tough choice. But nothing’s tougher than leaving your lover behind, again. 

 

 8 months ago


Hanbin, can we talk? he’s been ignoring me since yesterday.


Hanbin… I called him again. 


hmm? he finally faced me. 


I’ll be back so-- he didn’t let me finish.

He held my hands and said,
Don’t go. Please. While looking at me in the eyes. His eyes were teary which made me even more sad. I felt bad. I hate seeing him cry.


Can’t you just transfer here? Uh? Until when are we going to have a relationship like this? Why are you always leaving? Hanbin added while hugging me tightly. 


I hugged him tighter.

It’s true. The fact the I always leave him is true. I’ve been going back and forth to Yale. Though I had an invitation to go to Yonsei, I declined it because of my dream of going into an Ivy League. During the first years of our relationship, Hanbin was for it since we were both busy with our schedules. But as I move up another year in university, the busier I get and most of the time I lose track of the date and sometimes forget things I should not forget about our relationship. This kind of long distance relationship was tough.

Really tough. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter