Grape

Grape

He walked around the grocery store, holding the cart handle firmly. He had headphones on and was not really paying any attention to the other customers.

"Grapes! Free grapes here!" He faintly heard and looked up, meeting a man dressed up in a bright yellow t-shirt and a white apron.

He was in the mood for grapes, so he strolled over to the man with his semi-full chart.

"How much is it?" He asked as the man looked up at him, his platinum blonde hair shining in the artificial light.

"Five hundred won. I'm Sehun, by the way."

The other nodded, and wondered why this 'Sehun' guy was already introducing himself to him, a stranger.

He soon got the grapes and put them in his cart, still listening to music with his ear phones.

*

When he got home, he took out the groceries and placed then on the counter. He took out the grapes from the plastic bag and washed them.

He placed one in his mouth and smiled. It was delicious. Too delicious.

He took another, and another, and decided that he would definitely visit 'Sehun' again.

He watched some t.v while thinking about how unfufilled his life was.

He just graduated from college and he was looking for a job, but couldn't find any that suited his tastes.

*

The next day, he walked into the same grocery store and headed into the fruit section. He subconciously smiled when he saw the familiar platinum blonde hair.

Sehun turned around and saw him. He noticed that Sehun was wearing another yellow t-shirt.

"Good morning," Sehun said, "you want more grapes."

"How'd you know?"

"People always like the grapes. They sell really fast."

Sehun qas getting the fruit when he asked, "what's your name?"

"Uh.." he wasn't sure if he wanted to say his name to a stranger. "Kai."

"Kai...well nice to meet you!" Sehun exclaimed happily. His happiness made the other male smile.

*
Every two days, Kai would visit the store and buy some grapes, while conversing with Sehun. The more he hung out with the blonde the more he looked forward to visiting Sehun.

Sehun joked that he would finish all of the grapes and people would stop coming to the store.

Visiting Sehun made his life more interesting. No longer was he sitting in front of the t.v with no motivation. He had a friend to talk to and to be himself with.

When he was talking with Sehun, he felt his worries slip away.

*

"Hey, could you pass me the wipes?" Sehun asked as he gave his last customer some grapes.

"Sure," Kai answered and handed a box full of wipes to the other male while he munched on, you guessed it, grapes.

"Sehun," Kai said.

"Mmmm?"

"These grapes are amazing! What did you put in them?"

"I didn't put anything in them. I just grew them with lots and lots of love."

"I don't believe you." Kai muttered as Sehun laughed.

"I'm not kidding. I really take care of my farm!"

"Okay. Can I have some more grapes?"

"Oh, Kai! No more free grapes!"

"But Sehun..!"

*

One day, Kai decided to get himself a job at the store. He told Sehun this and the other became angry at him.

"But Sehun, I really need a job!" Kai said as Sehun folded his arms.

"No Kai! Get a job somewhere else!"

"Don't you want me to be happy, Sehun? Don't you care about me?" Kai whimpered.

Sehun's eyes softened as he held Kai's face with both of his warm hands. "I do care about you, and I know that this store has a lot of secrets..."

"What do you mean?"

"..Nothing, I've already said too much.."

Kai ended up getting a job somewhere else.

*
Kai soon developed feelings for Sehun. He now loved the latter's platinum hair that he used to think was too flashy. He now loved the other's subtle pouting anytime that he was serving the customers. He now thought that yellow was a good colour on Sehun. He now loved staring into those warm brown eyes.

He was talking to Sehun when he spilled the beans.

"What?" was Sehun's answer.

"N-nothing," Kai answered. The rejection was too bitter. He was about to walk away when he felt those familiar warm hands on his shoulder, turning him around to face that beautiful face that belonged to Sehun.

Sehun hugged him. "I..I like you too."

*

Their relationship revolved around secret kisses, holding hands, whispering dirty jokes and amusement park dates.

To others, they were considered as gross, since liking the same was looked down upon, but they both didn't care. They had each other, and that was all that mattered.

Sehun had brought life into Kai's dull and lifeless world, and Kai was more than greatful for that.

Their favourite pass time was eating those delicious grapes that Sehun made.

*

"Sehun, please tell me what you put in those grapes!" Kai said as Sehun shook his head.

Kai had been pestering him ever since Sehun told him that there was a secret recipe.

"No Kai!" Sehun shouted as he tickled Kai, making the other forget about the grapes.

*
Kai got to see Sehun's farm. He watched in awe as Sehun tended to the heaps and heaps of grapes that lined the farm.

Kai plucked one off and washed it, putting it into his mouth. He frowned. It tasted bland. Normal. Boring.

He took another, and another, but they all tasted the same.

"Sehun," he started. "The grapes don't taste like your grapes."

"Well that is because I haven't added my secret recipe yet," Sehun answered.

"Can I see you add the recipe?" Kai asked as Sehun suddenly froze.

"It's called a secret recipe for a reason, dummy. It's supposed to be a secret."

"But.." Kai frowned, "I'm your boyfriend!"

"So?"

"Don't you trust me? I can keep a secret, you know?" Kai said.

Sehun said that the recipe was fertilizer, but Kai didn't believe him.

*

It was night time, and Kai was spending the night in Sehun's place.

Kai was determined to find out the secret recipe of the grapes. He first made sure that Sehun was asleep, and then tip toed to the farm.

He breathed in the calm night air as he looked around the farm. He walked over to a building by the farm and tried to open the door, but it was locked.

He kicked it again and again, and finally the door was slammed open.

Kai walked inside, seeing cardboard boxes everywhere. He walked over to one and opened it up, and what he saw made him gag.

"What are you doing here?!" Kai turned around to face an angry Sehun.

"Um..um..w-what is that?" Kai pointed to the box.

"You didn't have to find out this way, but..." he walked up to Kai and held up a knife at his throat. "It's the secret recipe."

The scent of blood lingered in the air as Sehun dragged Kai's motionless body to an empty box. He sharpened his knife and worked on Kai until the morning.

*

He walked around the grocery store, his hand tight on the handle of the cart.

He was listening to music on his ear phones, blocking out sound from the other customers.

"Grapes! Get your grapes here!" he faintly heard.

He walked over to the platinum blonde haired man that stood behind the stall.

"How much is it?" he asked.

"Five hundred won! I'm Sehun by the way!" the guy said, smiling.

"And I'm Luhan!" Luhan answered as he paid Sehun and got the grapes. He tasted one of them, and they were delicious.

"These grapes are delicious!" Luhan exclaimed.

Sehun just smiled at him. This was going to be too easy.