Distance

Distance

It was a regular Saturday morning for you. You didn’t have to go to work and didn’t have any plans to meet up with someone early in the day, so the night before you decided not to set an alarm and sleep in. However, your plan was ruined when the buzzing of your phone woke you up. You looked at the display and the time said 7AM when you realised it was an incoming call from your boyfriend, Jungkook.

“Jungkook what the hell, it’s super early here.”

“Ah, I’m sorry, Y/N. I forgot the time difference.” He sounded a little sad.

You sat up in your bed, rubbing the sleep from your eyes.

“Is everything okay? You usually just text me when you get home.”

“Yes… No. I just wanted to hear your voice while I’m walking home. Practise was really exhausting today and the Hyungs went out afterwards, so I’m all by myself right now.”

“Aww, it’s okay, Jungkook. I actually have all morning to talk. Wanna tell me what’s on your mind?” with the phone pressed against your ear you laid back down, listening to him talk about his day for a while.

“At night when I’m alone in bed, I just feel lonelier without you. Jagi, why are you so far away?”

“I know how you feel, Jungkook. I can’t wait to visit you again.” You rolled around, took one of your pillows and hugged it tightly.

He let out a long and sad sigh. “I’m at the front door now, so you can go back to sleep. Thank you for listening.”

“Don’t hang up. Get into bed and we’ll talk a little more.” It was too hard for you to just leave him when he was this miserable.

“Really?! Give me 5 minutes, I’ll be right back!” When you noticed his mood had changed, you were smiling from ear to ear and hugged your pillow even tighter.

While you were waiting for him to return, you were looking at pictures of the 2 of you together and were reminded of the last time you went to visit. Your train of thought was interrupted by rustling noises on the other end of the call.

“Jagi? Are you still awake?”

“Mhmm…” was all you could get out as a yawn escaped you. You looked at your phone to check the time, but to your surprise you saw your boyfriend on the display, showing you your favourite bunny smile that you absolutely adored.

You were blushing at the sight for a second, before plugging in your earphones and turning your camera on as well.

“Not only do we share the same sky, but also the same bed now!” Jungkook was even more excited than before.

You were talking, staring and smiling at each other for another 20 minutes when you noticed your eyes getting heavier.

“We should definitely plan ahead for the next time you… Jagi?” Jungkook snickered at the sight.

Your breath was getting slower and steadier.

“Are you falling asleep?” His face turned to a gentle expression.

You started to relax more and more.

“You are so cute.” He also closed his eyes.

And finally, you drifted off into a deep sleep with a big smile on your face.

“Even if we are apart, our hearts are connected to each other. I love you, Y/N.”