Friends

Endless Regrets

Second chappie :D WOah, I got more subs than I expected o-o But nevertheless, thank you to those who subscribed ^^

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You two can't continue seeing each other anymore," the CEO said.

Those words were like a sequence of knives that were flung at them, and then stabbed them countless times. Made a confused face is what they did first and foremost. Like they didn't completely understand what the man said because of how much it hurt it hear it. After a long while of silence, one of them decided to speak up.

"I'm sorry, what?" Taemin bravely said, and not looked like he wanted to pass out at that specific spot. He continued to hold Sulli's hand, more tightly now that just minutes before. The CEO stood up from his desk and walked over to the two people that are being forced to split up.

"Look, I know it's very complicated. But you two have been causing much racket, in the past and now. Dating rumors have been spreading like wildfire and SM Entertainment, being one of the very few agencies that are known to never have idol/idol relationships, had to take care of it and even made up a lie that you two were just practicing for an upcoming drama! We may have tolerated it in the past but it's been much difficult over time. We cannot keep on doing this any longer and we've decided that it is much easier if you two just stop seeing each other," Lee Soo Man said, with his tone still calm.

His words seemed to have affected them the most. Taemin glanced at Sulli's shocked face only to reveal that her eyes weren't really focused on anything. They were blankly staring straight ahead just like how Taemin wanted to be. But he can't. He needed to stay strong. Mainly for their relationship.

"I'm really sorry, Mr. Lee Soo Man, for the things we've done in the past. But I swear, if you can give us another chance we'll try and be less of a burden. Just.." he looked at his girlfriend's delicate face and her eyes that seemed to be now staring back at him, welled with tears and said, ".. just don't end our relationship."

It was almost obvious that the CEO was reconsidering. Like he hadn't made that huge speech about how much of a burden they were. He gave a small nod and a statement that if ever it had to happen again, he'll stop it with no exceptions. Their smiling faces showed how happy they are at the news, but their teary eyes showed the exact opposite.

So what if they are, again, told to stop seeing each other? What happens then? Will they have to do so?

----

It's only been exactly 2 weeks since that talk with the CEO but a lot of things had changed. Both f(x)'s and SHINee's schedules have been terribly busy, and there's not even any time for Taemin and Sulli to meet up. No collab stages. No SM Town concerts. No anything that would give them that one chance to meet.

Both idols were beginning to worry, but it is obvious that the CEO is doing it on purpose. He may have said that he'd give them another chance, but the fact that it's already understandable he doesn't approve of their relationship shows that he'll do even the slightest things to keep them from being with each other. The couple abided with this, of course. They'll do anything to continue their relationship, even if their jobs are on the line.

But day after day, it's becoming worse. Their managers have already banned them from talking to each other and even confiscated their phones if necessary. Then one day, just like that, one of them decided it's time for it to stop.

----

"I'm sorry, but it's not going to work out. Not anymore, at least." the younger girl said with a clear doubt in her voice. It was obvious that she didn't want to say it. Like she was somehow forced to say it.

"So, are you telling me you're going to give in just because of something he said?" Taemin said. Clamly with a hint of disappointment. Words cannot really describe. He faced Sulli who was trying to avoid eye contact and stared at her with frustration in his eyes.

"Well, what choice do we have? Our CEO doesn't want us to be together, and he's doing everything in his power to keep us apart. It's getting quite difficult," she said, once again facing away from the guy she once never can take her eyes off. She forgot the last time she was brave, and just recalled insecurities. Everything that was happening until now, she felt like it was all her fault.

"You're acting like there's only one option. Where did all of our promises go?" Taemin reminded her of the past. That promise they made that they would never separate no matter what. His hands that seemed to have weaken held Sulli's chin and used it to lift her face to face is own only to discover that tears already filled it.

"I'm really, really sorry, Taemin. But it seems that there's nothing we can do," she silently said in between breaths that she needed because of how much she cried.  Taemin wanted to argue, but he understood. To ease her worry, he kissed her ever so softly. Feeling Sulli tremble as he did it. The thought of her cold and trembling lips touching his own made Taemin wonder if they can warm them up. Kissing had never been such a sweet sorrow, doing it and knowing it's because you're parting is quite distressing. It all ended when Taemin broke that kiss they both wished lasted forever.

"Well, we can only be one thing now. Friends?" she held out her hand, smiling as she did it. Just as if she expected Taemin to immediately shake it and accept her offer. Taemin, however, did nothing but looked at it in disbelief.

Her hand.

Those hands that filled the spaces in his whenever he needed them. Those hands that seemed to still have that undying softness like before when he kisses them. Those hands that somehow belonged to a person that accepted defeat.

His first motive was to never believe single word she said. To reject everything that happened until now. That in some way he was just dreaming and he'll wake up inside the company van with Sulli's head silently resting on his shoulders, still his girlfriend. But he realized reality's pull was stronger than idealism's and that he can't stay there forever.

He continued to stare at it. With confusion in his eyes wondering how on earth would she just give up like that. Grasping the fact that he needed to give an answer, he chose the one that would benefit Sulli. The one that would make things somehow.. easier. He wiped the bewilderment off his face by replacing it with his usual million dollar smile, shook the younger girl's hands and just let that single word come out like it's the most natural thing in the world.

She smiled back, satisfied with Taemin's answer. He pulled her in for a warm hug, his left hand resting at the back of her head and the other on her back, then gave her a soft kiss on the forehead. Savoring it, knowing it's almost certainly the last time. He never did intend for it to end this way.

She didn't understand how it's all too illusory to feel warm in this bitter cold night but she knew Taemin's tight embrace is the one and only reason. The fact that their togetherness shields the rest of the world was overpowering. But Taemin, himself, knew that those words that he just uttered would probably end up into a series of endless regrets.

"Friends."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What do you guys think ? ^^"

 Thank you for the commenters and subscribers. Thank you from the bottom of my heart~