Carousel

Carousel

                “One ticket please.” you asked the carnival worker. It was that time of the year again, when the carnival comes. You always used to come, ever since you were little. Even when you have school work, you always come at least once. This year however, you came alone. Your friends went when you had an exam, and your parents didn’t leave close. You were fine with it; you just came to enjoy the liveliness and the screams of joy of the little kids.

                “One ticket for the pretty lady coming right up!” the worker beamed. You smiled and blushed back at him, feeling your mood get lighter already. When he gave you the ticket, you noticed there were two tickets. You looked at him questioningly until he told you why there were two.

                 “I get off in 5 minutes, you came here alone, and maybe we can go around together?” He asked, his cheeks gaining as much color as yours. You obviously agreed, not wanting to go around alone even if you were fine with it. After you agreed, you walked over to the nearest food stand, going to get you guys some drinks. You didn’t know what, actually, you didn’t even know his name yet. You decided on bubble tea, figuring most people enjoy it.

                It has been 10 minutes and still no sign of him. You were wondering if you should leave, giving up on him ever coming. Just when you were about leave, you heard shouting.

                “DON’T LEAVE, IM HERE.” You saw him running towards you. You lips twitched up in a smile, you couldn’t contain your happiness anymore.

                “I’m so sorry, they made me work over, it’s the time the kids start coming, you know how kids are these days, I-“you cut him off by shoving him the bubble tea.

                “It’s fine, I understand, I got us bubble tea, I’m sorry if you don’t like it, I didn-“now it was his turn to cut you off. He held up his finger, telling you to be quiet.

                “I actually really like bubble tea, thank you!” he replied, taking a sip of the bubble tea and smiling. ‘Oh my gosh, his smile is SO cute’ you thought to yourself, or at least you thought you had.

                “Haha, thank you,” he said, which made you blush and look down. “My names Jongdae, but you can call me Chen if you’d like!” Chen said. You replied with your name, and he said he was cute. ‘Man he really has me blushing.’ You thought to yourself, this time not aloud.

                You guys starting walking around, looking for food or rides that interested you. You started on a few rollercoaster, than you went on small rides, just enjoying your time. After a couple rides, you both chose to get some food. Chen let you pick, and you chose cheeseburgers. It was dark out and many more teens and people were there, so Chen decided to hold your hand as you went to find the food stand. You looked down at your hands and couldn’t help but smile and blush. You had to admit, throughout the day, you had developed a crush on Chen. He was super cute, nice, and he’s really fun to be around.

                Once you found the cheeseburger stand, you told Chen what you wanted then you went to find a seat. The food court was rather crowded so it took you some time. You finally found a seat, and you sat down. After 5 minutes, Chen finally came back with food and one drink. He set the food down and told you the drink was for you.

                “No, you bought it you should drink it.” you felt bad that he didn’t have a drink.

                “Then you’ll both drink it.” Chen said and smirked. You blushed and started eating. Chen put two straws in the cup and began drinking it. Once he was done, you drank some too.

                After you guys were done eating, you chose to go on one last ride and then leave. There was one ride that you go on every time you come, and you haven’t gone on it yet. You felt bad just telling Chen what to do though, so you wait till he chose.

                “How about the carousel?” Chen asked. You smiled and nodded your head. The carousel is actually the one you wanted to go on before you left. You’ve gone on the carousel each time as a kid; it’s one of your favorite rides. You headed to the carousel, and you got on really fast. There was couple ones and single ones. You thought you go on a single until Chen called you.

                “Y/N ride this one with me. Please?” Chen pulled a puppy dog face and you couldn’t resist. You got on and wrapped your arms around his body. Not only did you blush, but so did Chen. The ride finished and it was time you guys left. Chen rode the bus with you all the way to your college.

                “You go here too?” Chen asked. You just looked at him confused until you realized he meant the college.

                “I’ve never seen you here before.” You replied wondering what classes he was taking.

                “Now, you’ll be seeing a lot more of me."