velleity

All That You Are

Kaelyn's POV

Mark is a handsome guy. Not only that, he is also smart, funny, and nice. He had become the teachers' favorite after only a week because of his intelligence. He treats others well too. The guys are pretty popular in the school, well, okay, VERY popular. Every morning when I came to school, their table would already be piled with gifts from their fangirls. And since I sit beside Mark — who gets the most gifts out of all — my table would also be covered with gifts addressed to Mark. Jinyoung told me stuffs about Mark, such as how he was actually very lively and bubbly, before a certain incident affected him so much he became the way he is now, cold and quiet. But he did not tell what that certain incident was and no matter how many times I asked, he just won't tell. My curious heart just can't take it. Huff.

"Come on, Jinyoung! Just tell me already!" I pouted.

"No way! Ask him yourself." is always his answer.

It had already been 2 weeks since school started. I had a kind of hard time adjusting to the school, but after a week, I eventually got used to it. I would sit with them during lunch time at the usual place, the school yard. When we step onto the canteen, their fangirls would swarm over us and it would take at least 10 minutes to get to the booth. A very tiring journey, blimey. The foods served in this school are amazing. Especially the pizza and spaghetti. I could eat all of the food served at once, that's just how delicious it was. The school's chef is a chubby woman in her 40s, with small eyes and apple cheeks. She has dark brown-colored hair that is tied into a bun. She is extremely nice to the students and very outgoing. The students would call her Mrs. Oh, but for us, we would call her Mama Oh. At first, we were just kidding about it since she would give us a big portion of food, like how a mother would. So since then, it just kind of stuck on us.

I also learnt that the girl who bumped me on the canteen was in the same class as me. Her name is Hwa Minseo, and is very popular amongst the male students. She is very pretty and fashionable. Jinyoung told me that she works part-time as a model. She is basically the queenka of this school. Her father is a very huge shareholder of the school. He spoils her so much that she thinks she could get anything she wants. None of the students dared to disobey her and her friends. Not even the teachers. Psh, I bet her friends just stick with her because of her fame and to avoid getting bullied. Jinyoung showed me a picture of her and a girl. He said that she was her best friend. They are basically inseperable and same in any way possible. They are both in the cheerleading. Her name is Song Minhee. And she is also a model.

"But at that time, I didn't see her when the incident happened." I said.

"She is on a vacation until next semester." He said after a pause.

"I thought they were inseperable?"

"Well yeah, they are. But Minseo did something that kinda made her dad so pissed that she was grounded." 

"Psh. So much for a spoiled child." I scoffed.

 

Mark's POV

“Please open your book to page 32 and answer the questions there.” The math teacher, Mr. Lee told us as he wrote ‘pg 32’ on the board. I glanced over to Kaelyn, who is flipping her math workbook to the right page. She sighed as soon as she saw what’s on page 32. She must’ve really hated math. I return my gaze to the book and began to answer it. I finished answering it after 20 minutes. I looked to Kaelyn. She was frowning and sighing while answering the questions. Unknowingly, a smile crept up to my face.

“Are you all done? Please exchange your books with your seatmates and check it.” The teacher stated and started scribbling the answers.

I faced Kaelyn and we exchanged our books. I checked her answers and it was all wrong. Is she this bad in math? After I finished checking all of her answer, I returned her book and got mine back. She looked at her score and let out a small sigh. For some reason which I know nothing of, a part of me wants to talk to her and comfort her. Go for it, Mark Tuan. Comfort her if you want.

I hesitated for a while, “D-do you have a problem in math?” I asked with a bit of stutter. , why am I stuttering? That is so not me.

She seemed shock that I talked to her, since we never talked anymore after the uniform incident. She parted slightly, as if she wanted to say something, but instead of talking, she closed and just nod. She looked embarrassed and her cheeks grew red.

“You can ask me if you have anything that you don’t understand. I’ll help.” I said, hand rubbing the back of my neck.

Kaelyn let out a soft chuckle and nodded. “Okay. Thank you.” She said and smiled. Her smile was very pretty and bright. I hope that she would smile like this all the time. I was surprised at my own thought, and just brushed it off, not knowing that a blush has made its way to my cheek. 

 

 

Kaelyn’s POV

Soon, it was time to go home. We packed our bags and then went to the school gate to wait for the others. They came soon after with their bags.

“Good bye, guys!” I said excitedly and waved to them. They replied with a goodbye and headed home. Me, Mark and Jinyoung walked to the other direction as our homes are in the same direction. It was quiet as we walked. No words were said. Jinyoung felt that it was too awkward, so he started a conversation.

“Hey, Kaelyn. Do you know that….” Jinyoung started to tell stories but my eyes were focused on Mark. He walked ahead of us, one of his hands in his pockets, the other holding the straps of his bag. Looking at his back view kind of just silenced everything. The only thing I heard was how fast my heart was beating and the thoughts running on my mind. I can’t believe he talked to me during math! And why did we had to exchange our assignment, it’s so embarrassing that I got zero! Urgh. It’s been a few days and we hadn’t talked since the uniform incident. I was itching to talk to him but I had no enough courage to do that. Well, there are times that I tried to talk to him during lunch, but he just brushed me off. That’s why when he talked to me today, it just kind of took me off guard and I made a fool out of myself. Embarrassing. I really wanted to walk up to him and just talk with him. To hear his voice again. But what could a coward like me do? Even if I talked to him, he would just brush me off like he usually would. I let out a sigh as I felt my heart sink.

 

velleity

(n.) a wish or desire to see something done, but not enough will to make it happen or actions meant to pursue it

 

 


An early update yay! HEHEHE although it's a bit short but this is to make up for last week. i am really sorry for not updating okayyy since i was busy with school stuffs and i have my tests coming up next week. AND ALSO GOT7 COMEBACKKKK OMGGG FLY IS AMAZING. i did not really like it at first but after hearing it lots of times i kinda got addicted to it. the choreography is great everything is great god i'm in love with themm <33333 well, oh, please do subscribe and leave a comment thanks! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4vFviZ4qw0 <- the link to GOT7's Fly just in case you haven't watched it yet, YOU SHOULD. 

my babiessssss aaaaaargh how can you be so cute and handsome at the same time T_T

it. i cant stand their handsomeness anymore. im outta here. bye!