Final

Over and over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

OVER AND OVER

 

There they sat on chairs in his office, glancing at one another. He gently laid his back against the chair and sighed. He looked somewhere else, trying to avoid eye-contact with her. Those eyes that were once beautiful and eye catching to him. 

 

Tears slowly slipped down her cheek. Useless tears...that's what they were now to him.

 

He placed a pen beside the divorce files and she wiped away her useless tears.

 

"Don't make it harder than it already is," Jungkook said, breaking the silence, "We made our decision the last time we met."
 

She sniffed and with a low gentle voice pleaded, "Jungkook...please. Don't do this to me, at least not to Jun."

 

"Sign the papers and leave," he said through gritted teeth.

 

"If that's what you want, I'll sign it. Just know that I never ran out of love for you," Yujin reminded him the twentieth time that day.

 

With shaky hands and hesitation, she grabbed the pen beside the divorce files.

 

She didn't want to do this. She didn't want Jungkook gone from her life. They were so perfect. But all of that had faded away like his love. The Jungkook from her memories and the Jungkook she fell in love with in high school no longer existed, at least not with her. 

 

Yujin signed the papers with tears falling down, then she placed the pen down and directed her eyes to him. Jungkook stared deeply into her eyes that were filled with pain and loneliness. He felt sympathy for Yujin. But he couldn't help to admit that at last, he felt relieved and free from her. Less weight on his shoulders. No more Yujin...no more Jun. 

 

He fell hard for another woman and she had won his heart. Yet, he forgot about his loving life and dear son who are now nothing to him. 

 

"You can keep custody of Jun," Jungkook said loud enough for her to hear. That didn't surprise her at all. "But," he added, "I want to see him three times a week." That statement caused Yumi to look up. "I thought he meant nothing to you," she mumbled. "Jun is our son, he means something to me," he stated, clearly telling her that she meant nothing to him. 

 

He let her intervene between them. Between their love, life, and marriage.

 

"Why?" she mumbled. "Why what?" Jungkook raised his eyebrow in confusion. "Why did you let her intervene between us?!" Yujin raised her voice, "Were you tired of me...tired of us?" She lowered her voice when the last three words left . He smirked, "You know the answer, why ask?"

 

"Jungkook!" she yelled. "I admit that I stopped loving you and started loving someone else," he paused, "But haven't you thought about it? Maybe we weren't meant to last forever."

 

It pained Yujin to hear him say such words. How could he say that so calmly? How? 

 

"Each day that we passed together, you would whisper warm words into my ear. My love for you grows more and more, that's what you will say. Remember? You even promised me that we'll last forever, and I trusted you," Yujin bitterly laughed, "But look what it has come to. You want to end everything with me." 

 

Jungkook stood up, "You should leave." Yujin ignored him and continued, "You didn't like it when I recalled our fights. You didn't like it when I said that I hated you because you loved me. But now?" Jungkook grabbed her hand causing her to stand up. "Now, I don't love you. Get that into your little head," he said angerly.

 

Suddenly, someone knocked.

 

"Come in," Jungkook said. "Sorry for interrupting, Mr.Jeon," his assistant bowed, "Mirae is waiting outside for you." Mirae, the girl that ruined their marriage and brought everything down. "Tell her I'll be outside in a few minutes, I have something to deal with," he told his assistant. "Yes, sir," she left and closed the door. 

 

Jungkook faced Yujin and was about to yell at her, but he saw tears falling down her cheek helplessly. He just couldn't bring himself to do so. 

 

Those tears pained him back then. Her getting upset, because of him wasn't something he liked. He always wanted Yujin to be happy, and she was. Their life was bright and playful along with their son, Jun. But then Mirae came into the picture and changed his life upside down. 

 

Yujin removed his hand from her wrist and wiped away her tears. She grabbed her bag and looked somewhere else other than him, "You can have Jun on Fridays and the weekend." She walked away from him and placed her hand on the door handle.

 

When she was about to leave, Jungkook caused her to stop. "I'll come over to get my belongings," Jungkook watched her back.  Yujin turned around, "Alright." With that, she left. Away from him. Away from everything.

 

Jungkook stood there. Should I chase after her? Should I comfort her? He thought. 

 

"Jungkook," a familiar voice said his name. He looked up and smiled. "Are you okay?" Mirae asked worriedly. He went to her and kissed her forehead. "I saw her," Mirae mumbled. 

 

"You waited a long time, didn't you?" Jungkook changed the subject, knowing who Mirae was talking about.  

 

 

Yujin arrived at the daycare where she had left Jun. She got inside the building and went to the receptionist.

 

"Oh! Mrs.Jeon, your here to pick up Jun?" Arie asked. Yujin was about to tell her that starting today she was no longer Mrs.Jeon. But Arie spoke again. "I'll bring him right over," she kindly said. Yujin nodded her head with a smile. 

 

"Umma!" Jun ran towards her and hugged her. Yujin laughed at his cuteness and ruffled his hair. He was small for a seven-year-old. Small enough to only be capable of hugging her legs. "Where's appa?" he asked with innocent eyes. 

 

"Your appa is at work," Yujin told her dear son. Jun pouted, but then he smiled. "Let's get going umma," he grabbed her hands. "Bye Arie, see you tomorrow," she told her. "Arraso! Take care," Arie waved her hand at Yujin as Jun dragged her outside. 

 

As they headed home, Yujin glanced at Jun through the mirror inside the car. He was sleeping so soundly. Yujin parked the car and carried Jun. She got inside the apartment building and got into the elevator. She entered the code to the apartment and took off her shoes. 

 

Memories ran inside Yujin's mind when she looked around the place.

 

She shook away the feeling and went to Jun's room. She placed him on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter