Truth

Out of my mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stood in line of the school cafeteria to eat alone yet again. It’s been two weeks since middle school started and I still felt like I didn’t belong here. All the kids here are in groups and talk loudly meanwhile I’m standing quiet as if I’m invisible. As the line started to move forward, a bunch of boys cut in line in front of me. I didn’t bother, it happens quite frequently. That’s why I always wait a little to stand at the end. Suddenly, one of the boys in the front got pushed by his friends and fell taking me with him. They all laughed and the boy got up not even glancing in my direction. They all continued to talk as if nothing happened. Was I really invisible? How come nobody noticed me? Maybe it was for the best, I wouldn’t want any attention on me anyway. But just then someone helped me up.

“Are you ok?” I was so happy that someone was kind enough to be concerned that I forgot to reply.

“Are you hurt anywhere?” I looked at the boy not knowing what to do, so I just bowed to him but he looked curious.

“You can’t talk?” Now he looked extremely concerned. That’s why I don’t have friends – I can’t talk to them. He probably thinks I’m mute.

“I’m Myungsoo, if you have a problem you can come to me” He turned to leave but I grabbed his arm.

“Thank you, Myungsoo”

 

 

I woke up to sound of Suji singing in the shower. Don’t get me wrong, the girl can sing but when it’s 8am, I can kill anything that makes noise even if it’s Beyoncé. I tried to go back to sleep but a wild Myungsoo appeared in my room. Ughh. He jumped on my bed and shook me with all his might.

“SOHEE – WAKE UP – MAKE ME - BREAKFAST!!” God sometimes he can be so immature, I screamed at him to stop and got up anyway cuz I know he won’t stop; I went to the kitchen and got breakfast ready.

When Suji came out of the bathroom, we were already eating like pigs but she only took an apple.

“Sohee-ah let’s go to the samgyeopsal-place tonight when you finish work. I’m craving for drinks” Suji said taking a bite of her apple.

Myungsoo suggested th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter