He'll Find a Better way to Heal

The Casanova's Amore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Taehyung's P.O.V

"Rough day?" The barista asked as she whipped out my frappucino. 

"Yeah," I replied. "Does it look too obvious?" 

"From afar, not really." She says. "But when you really take a good look, y'know like from head to toe, and when you really come close, yeah. You pretty much look like it."

"That's so uncharming," I joked, a forced chuckle following soon after as I watch her whip out the rest of my orders, and finally placing them all in a tray.

"That'll be 35,000 won, sir."

"Sure," I got my wallet and handed her my credit card. It only took a minute or so for her to process my card and finally give it back with the receipt. I headed over to the table right at the corner, grabbing a few news papers and magazines they have displayed just to keep myself busy as I waited for Doctor Joy to come over.

Funny how she never got tired listening to my useless rants. It's ridiculous on how she's supposed to be a professional doctor, tending over patients who are actually in physical pain, but here she is, turning into someone who I rant my life problems too. She's way too nice, honestly. Other doctors would probably get pissed. But then, maybe it's because she's close with the family? She can almost pass as our family doctor.

The bell to the cafe rings, and the usual greetings the staff gave to incoming customers echoed in the whole space. I turned my full attention to person that just came in, and a huge wave of relief nestled in me when it was Joy who came in.

She immediately spotted me (Perks of being good looking and hot despite going through ), and as a sign I gave a small wave and gestured her to take a seat-but not before greeting her a pleasant afternoon.

I flashed her the best smile I could muster up at my stressed state, "Sorry for calling you so suddenly. I know my appointment wasn't supposed to be until tomorrow, but stuffs came up and I really needed to get this heavy feeling off my chest."

"Don't be, Taehyung. We're both free anyway, so I don't see any problem."

"Still, don't you think it's ridiculous that you're tending to someone who's in pain just because of some stupid thing called love?" I cringed at my choices of words. "You should really be tending to real patients, and here you are— "

"What did I tell you when we first met?" She tilts her head. "I made it perfectly clear that it was okay, and that I totally had no problems as to being someone you can vent your problems out to. What you're doing isn't healthy, and the fact that you're willing to go that far— yeah, there's no way I would decline the offer when someone really needs serious help."

"God, you're so kind. I swear you really are. You really are an angel sent from heaven," I rambled. "I don't know what would I do without you."

"You flatter me, Taehyung," Doc Joy giggles. "So, what is it that you wanna talk about? It must be really serious considering your voice was cracking up the moment you called."

I groaned as flashbacks began popping in my mind, "It was a mess. I almost went at him. I hope you're ready for a new once upon a time. Pray that it wouldn't be too tragic and boring." How am I still able to joke at a situation like this? We'll never know. "The situation I have with this friend is pretty complicated and really messy. It's really a shame since he was one of my closest friends too. To summarize the whole story, he lied. I was an back then, I got drunk and decided a good would give me some stress relief, and guess who I ed?"

"That friend of yours."

"Bingo, doc! But get this, he told me the next morning that I ed a random girl and I believed that lie for who knows how long? He made me look like a fool. And it's ing sad that he'd do this to me. Like if he told me the truth in the first place then maybe I wouldn't get so upset? Then maybe our relationship would be fine nowadays."

"I get your point, Taehyung, but if you were in his shoes, would you still tell the truth to your friend? Let's take a look at the whole situation from his point of view. You said that you were friends, close friends," She emphasizes. "If you ed with a friend— whom you value the friendship you both have so much— would you still tell the truth? Would you still tell the truth knowing he could be going through at times like those?"

"But, Doc Joy, he took advantage of me in my drunken state. He could have stopped me and put me back on my right shoes, but no— he decided to go all the way."

"Point taken, but cutting ties with him wouldn't properly end this. You have to confront him properly regarding this situation sooner or later. An unsolved problem like this would be a burden for your future relationships."

"I'll confront him when the perfect time has come."

Again, I cringed at my choices of words.

"Don't rush at stuffs like these. I agree that you really need to find the perfect time at situations like these. Heal yourself first. Mend your broken heart, probably? Sorry, I'm not really good at stuffs like these. I just try."

"That idea isn't actually so bad itself. I'd mend my broken heart but I'm a little lost, and I have no idea where to start. Plus, I really don't think I can talk to him face to face properly when a lot of things has been going on lately. I'm really sorry again that you had to tend to my petty problems."

"For the hundreth time, don't apologize, it's okay. Feel free to talk to me about anything. I'll listen and give advices as best as I can."

"So, is it alright if I actually tell you the whole story? Well, not really the whole stuff, just you know, the necessary stuffs."

"Spill it out, lover boy."

And that was the cue I need to open up to her up like a book. I told her the hobby I developed back then where I'd spend the rest of my day in a bar or club. Picking up anyone who'd be up for a wild night. She grimaced and I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter