Returning

Boundaries // yuzukana

Yuzu's POV 

I think it's time for me go back...

and maybe reunite with her once again.

I get up my couch, thinking of going back to Japan for hours already.

Today's off season, and I won't be in any competitions for a while. Maybe it's time that I go back to the ocean and visit my friends and other loved ones there.

It has been years since I haven't returned to the Pacific Ocean. I never had the time going back. I was always in Canada, training and when I have the time to go back in Japan, I never got the chance for I was always in ice shows and other business things from my sponsors.

I miss her...

Kanako.

I wonder where you are right now.

They said you are dead...but I don't believe them.

I know you can't die just yet. 

You are something more.

You are powerful, strong and most of all, courageous.

That was the thing I always wished I had.

I wished I got the courage to tell mom and dad about our love...that time. Then, we could still be here, together.

Now you are gone..

Somehow I can't bring you back..

The gods of the sea can't even do anything for me to see her again.

All they could tell me was;

She's somewhere in this world's gigantic ocean, drifting.

Alive.

Are you trapped somewhere in the sea..?

Tell me. Give me a sign. Anything for me to find you again..

I guess everyone's confused right now. Nobody knows what my second job is.

I'm a guardian resurrected by Aqua Regina after the earthquake that happened in my hometown years ago. She told me that I can't die just yet. I am someone really special that needs to protect someone important.

And they are the what you call, Mermaid Princesses.

My duty is to protect Satoko Miyahara. A mermaid princess from the Atlantic Ocean.

Like me, she's also a figure skater in the human world but not like me in the ocean, she's a princess. My duty is to protect her at all costs.

The reason why we drifted in the human world is because the ocean is being attacked by unknown water demons. It will be dangerous for Satoko if she stays in her kingdom while the enemies are capturing the other mermaid princesses. 

But I never had the time to be with her all the time. Because we are always busy on competitions. But I'm happy because ever since we went here, nothing bad happened to her. No water demons had appeared to take away her pearl. 

Maybe they aren't capturing Mermaid Princesses anymore..

Maybe they are after Aqua Regina now..

While reminiscing, my phone rang.

Just the person I wanted to talk to.

Satoko.

"Hello." I called.

"Hey, Yuzu-kun!" Her bubbly voice was heard.

"How are you? Are you okay?" I ask.

"Don't worry about me. I'm doing fine! Also, I should be asking you that.." She answers.

I sigh.

"My priority is to protect you. Don't worry. I'm okay.." I reply, and she didn't make a response.

"So...why did you call?" I ask.

"I'm going back to the Atlantic Ocean to visit my kingdom. It has been years since we last visited." She informs.  "We should go back together." She added.

I smiled, a little. Enough for me to show how I want to go back.

"I've been thinking of the same thing for a while now." I reply.

"Then you should book a flight back here in Japan. You can't swim all the way there to Atlantic Ocean. It'll take you years! Only mermaids can travel the other oceans like that you know." She informs me and I laugh.

"I know that, princess. You know how long I've been in the Atlantic Ocean." I reply.

"Then I'll see you at the airport. And then you can go and look for your missing girlfriend." 

The princess' last sentence silences me.

Was Kanako even my girlfriend...?

Did she looked at me as her boyfriend when we were still together?

How I desperately want to reunite with her again.

"Don't get sad Yuzu-kun! I'm sure someday, you'll find her again." She motivates me.

I sigh again, losing energy all of a sudden.

Satoko is a helpful person when it comes to other's love problems. She's in love with a human being like me right now. He's a surfer from Japan....and I think they are already dating.

I don't know. I never got the right moment to ask her that.

But a mermaid and human's love is forbidden.

I always told that to her. Because if the human finds out she's a mermaid, she'll die and turn to bubbles.

I can't fail Aqua Regina...she saved me...and I need to do this protection for Princess Satoko as a gift.

When I told her that, she got mad at me. Because she said when it comes to love, there's no boundaries.

Remembering that memory, made me speechless.

I am against the Princess of her perspective in love.

Love has boundaries...that's the reason why Kanako drifted away.

"Hey, Yuzu-kun, are you still there?"

Satoko knocks me back to reality.

"Ye-yeah..I'm fine."I reply acting nonchalant.

"Well I better get going. It's actually 10 pm here in Japan..and tomorrow will be Kirihito's surfing competition. I don't wanna oversleep and miss it." She reminds.

"Okay..just be careful not to accidentally tell him you're a mermaid princess." I remind.

"I won't." Was her last reply before hanging up.

Just wait Kanako.

I'll finally make things right.

We'll see each other again.

◀◁ ??? 's POV ▷▶

"He's coming back.." I exclaim as I watched the beautiful darkness of the atmosphete that's surrounding the castle.

"You're here reminiscing again." I hear Han's voice from behind, surprising me.

"Are you thinking about someone? From the human world?" He guessed me and shows a doubtful expression.

I fake a smile, and went closer to touch his pale but beautiful face.

"Why are you thinking about such things? You're the only one I love." I smile, showing eyes that won't allow him to read what I'm really thinking.

"Then why are you always here? It's rare for me to see you in the room." He asks, gently taking my hand.

I sigh.

"I just love the view here.." I lie.

He reads my eyes for a while before he started speaking.

"Then I shally accompany my Queen in this place.He speaks, then I look back at the window.

Yuzuru.

Now's the time I get my revenge.

You shall pay all the debts after all the years you wasted.

I'll make you suffer.

Like how you made me suffer.