Part 8

I don't think so too
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Tooth brush?"

"In here."

"Other toiletries?"

"They're also here."

"Why'd you bring less clothes?"

"I won't be there for long."

"Good, and when you come home please bring her along with you." She says. "Promise unnie?"

Yuri ruffles Chae Yool's hair. "I'll see you soon kid."

"Unnie!!!" Yuri turns around. "You've fought hard for this, please don't let it slip away."

That made the latter smile. "I'll bring her back home with me I promise."

 

WE WELCOME YOU TO HONG KONG MAY YOU HAVE A PLEASANT STAY HERE IN OUR COUNTRY. XIE XIE 

 

Yuri sighed as she rubs her head. 3 counties in just a matter of hours. This headache was one of the thing she has expected to come. Imagine going to Indonesia for the reunion then back to Seoul to fetch Jessica's daughter, back to Strasbourg to grab and settle things then to Hong Kong where she will help Jessica to help her ex-husband to remember things so that they can finally move back to Germany and make their own story again. So with a huge headache, she hails a cab down to the maknaes' condominium.

 

"Unnie welcome! Come inside."

"Thanks Seo."

"Let me get the baggage for you and sit down. I'll prepare some medicine and tea."

 

Yuri didn't even argue and just let the youngest member do her job. While she settles herself for a little time before Seohyun comes back with her Camomile tea and the other herbs that made her open her eyes.

 

"Just in time." Seohyun says as she gives the cup to Yuri.

"Thanks." She takes a sip. "God this is awesome."

"How is it?"

"You just want me to repeat it again do you?" Seo giggles. "You're the best with what you do darling." She smiles at the compliments. "Anyway let me start this conversation I'm sorry for cutting the reunion shorter, I didn't mean to-"

"Everyone understood. We all needed a break from that intense session." She says. "By the way, Sooyoung unnie would like to apologize behalf of Sunny unnie reaction towards Sica-unnie."

"Hey it's all good, I can understand where she's coming from."

"Sunny unnie likes to hold grudges. She just can't let go."

"I can see that." She chuckles. "A rebound isn't actually the nicest thing to label a person..." Yuri trails off. "But the thing is, Sunny was never the rebound. Sooyoung courted her when she was sure of her feelings for Sunny. I guess seeing Jessica again made her doubt their relationship for a bit."

Seohyun nods her head. "I agree with you." She eyes Yuri for a while. "Unnie is there something wrong?"

"Ahhh, no maybe it's just jealousy." She shakes her head. "You should've seen her face Seo when she heard that he got into an accident. She was so worried and just wasn't her usual self."

"Unnie..."

"I know, I know, I know..." She trails off. "This is not the time to be jealous of Tyler because it's normal, he's her ex-husband and they have a child together as well. They've also been friends for some time but..."

"But you just couldn't set it aside because he has an advantage. They have a child together, he's rich, he's the one that Jessica unnie once married... You're afraid because what if Sica unnie realizes along the way that she still loves him and she'll call it off with you."

"You know the last time I remember, your course wasn't major in counseling." The latter one pouts. "Seo, how did you know?"

"I can see it all over your face."

Yuri rolls her eyes. "Not that... How did you know that Yoona was the one for you, you both had boyfriends before and we all saw you guys as sisters only so how did it escalated?"

"I was just waiting for her to catch up with destiny." She answers. "I was the one who broke up first with my boyfriend because I wasn't happy anymore, and then I tried dating other people but I would always find myself checking out girls."

Yuri snickers. "I see now ByunSeo."

"UNNIE!" Yuri laughs. "Anyway, I started paying attention to Yoona and my relationship with her, it was then I found out that I have been in love with her all along..." She trails off. "I initially called it first as infatuation or a crush only because we grew up together but then it wasn't anymore. It hurts me to know the fact that she'll be forever interested in guys or in one guy for that matter."

"Lee Seunggi."

She rolls her eyes. "When I was hurting, that was when I knew I love her. I loved her differently from the way she broke my heart."

Yuri was confused. "What?"

"She broke my heart over and over countless times. I loved her so much that it pained me to know that she was in love with someone else. I even tried moving on, I really did. I went out with other people but all I ever do is compare them and how they could never be them. Until she finally saw me in the way I see her." Seo looks at her unnie. "When you love someone genuinely you always go back to them... Even if it meant breaking your heart again and again."

Soon, a sound of a door opening caught both of their attention. It was Yoona who came home with a lot of bags and immediately, Seohyun comes over to her lover and helps her with her things. She cleaned Yoona's hair and face as the doe-eyed girl annoyingly complained everything. She looked at Seo and saw how patient she was with Yoona and how there was never a hint of annoyance on the latter's face. Seeing their relationship made Kwon Yuri wonder if Jessica Jung was worth the repititive heartbreaks.

The three of them bonded together at dinner and soon the couple bids their unnie good night. Yuri was still there in their table enjoying the left-over tea as her mind goes far away from these 4 walls, a certain ringtone brings her back to reality.

 

"Sica?"

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Y-yeah I'm good."

"I had to find out through Yoona that you already landed in Hong Kong. Why didn't you text me?"

"I didn't know you wanted to."

"You're my girlfriend of course I wanted to know." Yuri hears a car door shut. "Are you going straight to bed?"

"No not yet, I'm still enjoying this tea to relieve my headache."

"I think I might know a better medicine to relieve that headache of yours babe."

"What's that?"

"Me."

Yuri smiles. "I wish you were here babe. A hug from you might be the medicine that I need."

"Well why don't you come down? I'm outside the condominium."

Yuri rushes to open the blinds. "What are you doing here?"

The latter only smiles. "I just need to be sane for a while."

"Wait there, I'm coming down."


"Hey."

"Hey." Jessica answers back. "Come inside and sit."

Yuri agrees and shuts the dfoor. "I hope everything's fine Jess."

"You calling me by my name makes everything not okay."

"I'm sorry I just-" Jessica lies down on her shoulder. "How- how is he?"

"He was having a boat party when all of a sudden there was a fire. He hit his head and fell into the water. When I arrived, he was in his room and he seemed okay but..." She trails off. "The doctors said due to the trauma, he has selective amnesia and now he still thinks that I am his wife."

"Can't you say that you guys are divorced?"

"I wanted to but the doctor said it's best for his condition that I play the part for a while so-" Jessica wasn't able to finish her explanation because Yuri left the car. "Yuri, wait."

"What? What Jessica? What explanation is it this time?"

"Look this isn't easy on my part too."

"And you think it's easy on my part? Do I immediately have to say okay to you only because it's hard on your part? Hell no!"

"Being his wife was hard Yuri and now it's even harder because I have to pretend that I am his wife, when all I ever want now is to become yours." Jessica speaks.

"Then let's leave him. I know it's selfish but we can leave him and he can heal by himself."

"I don't wanna do leave him Yuri. My daughter needs her father and only to do that, I have to play the part, but I don't want to do this without your consent." She says in a comforting tone. "I don't care about him, but I care for Yuri's future."

Yuri could only sigh. "For how long?"

"The doctor said a week for the trial period. To see if he remembers anything."

"Alright." She nods. "A week, then you and Yuri come back to me."

She hugs her. "Thank you Yuri... You can tag along if you want."

"No I don't wanna remember any memories from this trip other than you guys coming back to me." She looks at the love of her life. "A week, and then we go to Strasbourg, we'll finish our issue with the girls and when all of that is done, I want you to marry me. We'll get married in our own house-" 

"With lots of land to plant fruit and vegetables... I still remember our dream home Yuri-ah."

"Good." Yuri kisses her forehead. "Then you know you need to come back to me to make our dreams come true."

 

All ever Yuri did was to roam around Hong Kong as she was getting by through the days. Though she tries to avoid the media as much as possible, she could still hear the news and gossips about Jessica and that man being spotted together with their daughter having a wonderful family time this and that news. That would make her blood boil whenever she could hear it because all she ever wanted to do was to leave this place as soon as possible and be back at her normal life. So when this particular morning came, Yuri was really happy. She was thew first to wake up and even made the couple a beautiful and massive breakfast.

 

"Unnie? You're up early what's up?" Yoona says as she rubs her eyes.

"Babe why are you- oh unnie good morning."

Yuri smiled at them. "Good morning girls, come down at the table and let's eat." The older one said in a happy tone.

The two of them were already curious as to why unnie's reacting this way. "Unnie, is there something going on?"

"Yeah unnie, lately you've been such a drag but now look at you... It looks like good news."

"What day is it today?"

"Sunday." The two answered in unison.

"And how long have I been staying here?"

"A week."

"You know what that means?"

"That you've finally realized that you've been staying here for too long and you want to find your own place?" That earned a smack from Yuri. "Guess I'm wrong." Yoona answered while rubbing her head.

Seo could only roll her eyes at the stupidity of her girlfriend. "So unnie, what reason is it?"

"Jessica can finally leave her ex-husband, go back to Germany with me and her daughter and finally live our own lives." Suddenly her phone rings. "AHHH! See?" She shows it off and chuckles. "Right on schedule!"

The two of them just looked at one another. "What the hell just happened?"


"Sica? Is that you?"

"Superman!"

"Hi princess! What's up? Where's your mother?"

"Mommy's in the front seat, dad's driving."

"Oh." Yuri smile fades. "That's great, are you guys headed off to somewhere?"

"We just got back from the beach, it was fun!" The child exclaims. "Dad taught me a lot of things and mom was pretty supportive."

"Who's the best dad in the world?"

"YOU ARE DAD!" She giggles. "But it wasn't super fun, wanna know why?"

"Uh... Why?"

"Because you weren't there." That melted Yuri's heart. "I wish you were there."

"Aweee princess I wish I was there too and don't worry when we go back home to Germany, I'll take you to the prettiest beach you have ever seen in your life. How does that sound?"

"I can't wait!" The kid mutters in excitement. "Can I see you today? I wanna have ice cream and hang out with you."

"Can you give the phone back to mommy? I'll go and talk to her."

"Okay, mommy! Phone's for you."

"Yuri?"

"Hey, what's up." The dullness of her voice concerned Jessica. "Was it your daughter who called me or was it you?"

"It was her." Jessica answers. "She told me she wanted to talk to you."

"Ah... I see." There was this awkward silence. "Listen, I wanna tell you that your daughter wants me to drop by and spend time with her, I don't know if that's okay with you."

It even took her a while to respond to Yuri. "It's alright, you can go by the house."

"That's nice."

"You can play with her for a little while and then we can have a date on our own?" She whispers. "I miss you and I really wanna talk to you as well. There's something you need to know."

That brings a smile to her face. "I'll see you guys later."

 

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

 

"Hi I'm Kwon Yuri and I was invited by Jessica."

"Good afternoon miss Kwon. They are all in the garden and the little one hasn't stopped mentioning your name." The nanny smiles. "Would you like some tea?"

"Uh, sure."

"You can follow me."

Yuri smiles and follows her and took some time to look around the mansion that was used to be Jessica's house. It was beautiful she must admit and made think about how Tyler was able to provide what Jessica deserves and what she wants in a house. Everything that she couldn't give to her as of the moment and that lowered her self-esteem a little bit. Now seeing the entire family from afar with Tyler in his wheelchair and Jessica sitting beside her as they were giving the joyful smile and laughs when they see their daughter chasing the butterfly around with the dog. She saw the smile on her face and noticed how different it was. She couldn't describe it, but she doesn't want to either because she believed that what she doesn't know won't hurt her.

 

"Mr. and Mrs. Kwon, Ms. Yuri is here."

"SUPERMAN!"

Immediately Yuri catches the little one and wraps her arms around her. "Hey princess."

 

From the corner of Yuri's eye she could see the evident confusion splashed on Tyler's face as he sees his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter