FINAL.

The Mind's Flusterations

"The next time I come back here, I'll sing 'Love Yourself' by Justin Bieber."

"You'll play the guitar?"

"Chanyeol will. I'll sing it and he'll play."


Kyungsoo didn't know what came over him when he said that. Maybe it was just a slip of the tongue or because he was flustered; he didn't really know for sure.

What he did know for sure was that he'll have to tell this matter to Chanyeol, and he didn't even know whether he would accept it or not. 

Maybe he wouldn't mind, he thought. They haven't done this just for fun for quite a while now and maybe now was the right time to do it again.

But he might be busy, his mind interrupted once again. And you guys haven't even been close lately, save for the fan service you guys do during the concerts. Who gives you the right to just ask him like that again so suddenly?

Sometimes, he thinks, that his brain has a mind of its own. 

He hates it.

Dammit.

He can't help but fidget as the van grew closer to their dorm. He isn't sure if he's prepared to say it to Chanyeol; he's afraid of the rejection or if not, Chanyeol's unavailability to do so, and he'll look like a ing idiot if he turns him down. Kyungsoo doesn't have much choice in this matter though; he practically said it for all the world to hear and, though unsaid, it's already like a promise to their fans. He could already imagine EXO-Ls all around the world squealing at the fact that they're going to get another to-die-for duet from EXO's 'Tom and Jerry' pairing.

Why am I even stuck in this mess? he grumbled in his thoughts.

You brought this upon yourself, you dolt.

you, mind.


He sighed when the van stopped in front of their dorm.

Here goes nothing.

He exited the van and dragged his feet, hoping to get more time to think things through and to know how to go about this... thing.

He sighed and decided that  it he'll just say it to him straight up, rejection be damned. He strode up to the door and almost knocked on it before realizing that he had a spare set of keys to the dorm and he could just open it himself.

Getting forgetful now that you have to face reality?

Bastard.

The first to see him was Jongin. Kyungsoo waved at him and the damned bastard shot him a knowing look. How.

"What now?" Kyungsoo snapped at him.

"He's in his room, hyung," he motioned his head to the direction of Chanyeol's room. Kyungsoo huffed and closed the door behind him, his eyes flitting from one side of the room to the other.

Jongin always had this uncanny ability to know what his problems were, sometimes even before he knows them himself. It's really irritating. On good days he'd be grateful to his sensitivity; on bad days he'd be loathing it.

Today was not a good day.

"I swear to God, Jongin--"

"Hey! I'm just saying!" Jongin brought his arms up in defense. Kyungsoo grunted and rolled his eyes at him, then continued on deeper into the dorm. He greeted a few of his hyungs along the way and headed to his room to change into more comfortable clothing. He tried to strengthen his resolve as he looked at himself in the mirror and, after mentally preparing himself, headed to the giant elf's room.

It was now or never.

He felt the doubt making his every step heavier and tempting him to turn around and run away like a coward. But he wouldn't; not now, when he was so close. (Not like that, you erts.)

He finally arrived just outside the doorstep of Chanyeol's room and he stops, wondering how a few seconds of walking turned into ing 7,856,982,374 minutes of contemplation.

He knocked at the open door.

"Chanyeol?"

.

"Hm?" Chanyeol took off his headphones. "What's up, D.O.?"

. .

"I have something to say."

. . . .

"Oh, sure. What is it?"

ing , here it goes.

"We're going to perform 'Love Yourself.'" A pause. Then, "...What?"

Great. Oh, . Oh, God. Great ing job, Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo gulped discreetly and leaned against the door frame, hoping to at least look casual.

"I kind of sort of promised it in public."

"...Oh." A moment of silence. "Well, um..."--Chanyeol paused, deep in thought--"yeah, okay."

...What.

"Sure, let's do it."

They were four words--four simple words--yet Kyungsoo, for some reason, found solace in hearing them. He smiled softly at Chanyeol and replied, "Great."

"So, um..."--Chanyeol started, and Kyungsoo's heart skipped a beat--"this is just for fun, right? It's not for any kind of concert or other stuff?"

It took him a while to reply.

"No," he shook his head. "It isn't. It's just for fun," he finally said. Chanyeol nodded and smiled. "Okay."

Kyungsoo smiled in return. "Okay."

They were like that for a few seconds more until a voice shouted.

"Now... kiss!"

Kyungsoo blushed.

"Jongin--!"

 

THE END.


A/N: because who never has inner struggles when in times of anxiety? Anyway, just a short drabble for you guys. And mind you, I remarkably at making anything funny or entertaining, so this drabble might just be boring and dull.

Welp.

That was that.

Anyway, thank you for reading (if you ever made it this far). I really appreciate it and... yeah, I really can't say anything else. .-.

Byyyyeeeeee~~~~~