Chapter I

Forbidden Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Centuries ago, the vampire population was done to the mere tens in the equation table, due to excessive hunting from the humans. The ruling clan, Kim, only had at the time three males, one the heir, and two females. The Park was down to three only, two male and one female, the other sub-clans were done to almost extinction. When harmony was estabished between the vampire and human community, rules were set. Humans gladly offered themselves for the gift of eternal life, however knowing the costs it would bring. 

These human formed the now subclans, Byun, Han Yi, Kim Min, Park Kyung and Do clan. Harmony was established, and a rule was made. Vampires were not permitted to feed off humans, and if they were to do so, a human must be looked after in appropriate condtions, and feeding off them was only premitted once a week. Agreeing, in order to spare the humans off their blood, and sacrifice, vampires opted to hunt animals only. The golden rule which was set was, if a human to become a vampire, a ritual must be made in place.

However, one vampire broken the rule. A story of love, and sacrifice. Kim Minhyun, a vampire from the ruling Kim Clan, had falled for a human village girl, and she for him. The two of them lived passionate days together in each other's embrace, hidden from the ones who knew them. However, it pained Minhyun to see his lover age slowly, so one day, with her consent he turned her human. In the eyes of the rest of the community, it was treason. The newly turned vampire, was baring the next heir for Minhyun's family. With her being turned into a vampire, during that period, the king at the time of the Kim clan, saw it as treason, due to the ritual not being performed properly, and an unborn child was involved. 

The two were banished from the main clan, and their descendants were to live their days in seclusion from everyone. This brought shame upon the family, that Minhyun's family turned their backs on him, and him and his lover were forced to fend off for themselves. They became known as Blood Traitors.

***

At one point in our lives, we've been humiliated before. Whether it's when we're young children, teenagers or adults, we've been humiliated and bullied by someone. However, when you're a member of a secluded family, who's ancestar messed up a huge amount one hundred and fifty year, prior to your birth, consequences haunt you. For Minseok it was like that every day since his childhood. He was the only born son to his parents. His father was his great-grandfather's grandson, making him the decendant of a traitor. Everyday at school was a horror for him. He was pushed, beaten, sometimes bitten by other vampires who would coat their teeth with wolfsbane in order for torture him. 

Minseok had reached the age of maturity for a young vampire that spring, yet it was summer, and every month at the ceremonial banquet, he always returned home alone. Minseok was standing in front of his locker. The word Blood Traitor Scum, were painted on his locker door with graffiti paint. Sniffled and pushing his glasses up to his nose, Minseok did his usual daily cleaning. The bleach burnt his skin, and he knew he would have an irritation later like usual. He never spoke to his great grandfather for what happened, after he found out, he refused to ever meet with the elder vampire. 

It frustrated him, that his grandfather, grandmother, father and mother were to be punished for the mistake his great grandfather did. A vampire couple walked past him, the girl giggling as he linked arms with her vampire mate. That was supposed to be him by now, a mated vampie, planning a wedding, and a family with his mate. Just like his childhood friend Kyungsoo. He was gratefull to have a friend such as Kyungsoo. The two had been unstopable since their diaper days. The Do sub clan had always been a great friend to Minseok's family, although they were secluded, they sometimes didn't. Kyungsoo was the same age as him, months different, and he had been mated since last winter with the Park Clan's heir to the throne, Prince Chanyeol. The two were also expecting their friend born in the next three months. Minseok was jealous of his friend. 

Minseok wiped his eyes on his sleeve as he continued to scrubs away at his locker. Luckily the pain was peeling off easily. Just then Kyungsoo walked down the corridor, hands cradling his bump as he ate an ice cream. He had just arrived from his appointment, and was happy to know his child was healthy. Although the summer weather outside, caused his skin to flare up in hives, and his mood swings to bring him down he was happy he got his ice cream to eat. As he was walking, he frowned as he noticed Minseok at his locker scrubbing away. He waddled over as fast as he could, and gripped Minseok's wrist. Minseok jumped startled and Kyungsoo stared at the latter's locker.

"Are you kidding me?" he hissed, "again?" he exclaimed with an unhappy scowl. His growl sounded through the corridor, alerting the cat that usually sat at the receoption desk. 

"Soo the baby..." Minseok said with a whisper as he looked down. Kyungsoo sighed heavily and let go of Minseok's wrist before waddling to the janitor's office, next to Minseok's locker. He returned from the locker with rubber gloves and a metal scrub, before he helped Minseok with his locker.

"Soo please don't," Minseok said as he tried to stop him, "My family is already secluded from my clan, I don't want to be the reason to why Chanyeol stops you from seeing me, and seclude my family even more."

"I'll handle Chanyeol. The baby is fine, he's got a health of steel like his father." Kyungsoo said, and smiled at Minseok, "And you're my best friend, we've been together since we were babies."

Minseok looked down as Kyungsoo helped him, and hummed. When they finally got the paint off, Kyungsoo smiled. Just then someone hugged him from behind around his waist, and Kyungsoo throwing screaming and threw the metal scrub at the person. The person being Chanyeol, got hit with the metal scrub square on his face, and fell to the floor.

"How mean you are to your own mate!" Chanyeol exclaimed and whined from the floor as he wiped his face with his shirt.

"Not my fault! Who told you to hug me from behind?" Kyungsoo said rubbing his bump, as the baby inside woke up sensing Chanyeol was there. Chanyeol pouted as he stood, and hugged Kyungsoo close.

"Whining vampire," came Kyungsoo's comment with a light chuckle. Chanyeol kissed his head smiling, before turning to Minseok. The younger vampire looked down, avoiding the older vampires gaze. 

"I'll take care of whoever did that," Chanyeol said, and Minseok looked at him surprised, "Your family may be secluded, but you are my maes best friend. Now let's go for lunch."

Minseok looked at his suprised and smiled softly. Kyungsoo clapped his hands happy at the mention of food.

"OO I'm so hungry, I told drink a littler of horse blood right now," Kyungsoo said, "Raw steak sound good too."

Chanyeol and Minseok chuckled softly, and the trio went on. Minseok walking slightly behind them. 

"Today is the Kim Clan's ruling Prince' birthday. I got invited as he's doing it here in the canteen, and they told me I could bring friends." Chanyeol said as they walked to the lift. Upon hearing that Minseok froze.

"Chanyeol, I shouldn't be going," Minseok said as he avoiding looking at the older vampire. 

"They said anyone, come on you're my mates friend that makes you my friend. Lunch is on me," Chanyeol said.

However, Minseok's stubborn nature got in the way once more.

"You don't get it," Minseok said.

"No I do get it, and it's about time old vampires learnt to move on with the time, and not hold a grudge against you just because of your family member," Chanyeol said. 

Minseok sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter