Final

Twin Pranks

“I’ll see you tomorrow then?”

 

“Yes~ Yeri can’t wait to see you and Joy again!”

 

“We can’t wait to see you too, Juhyun~”

 

“I’ll bring some cabbage for you, Irene~”

 

“Alright, then! We’ll pick you at the train station at 10 AM. Goodnight, Juhyun~”

 

“Goodnight, Irene.” She smiled as she bid her sister goodbye and clicked the end call button.


 


 

Juhyun is Irene’s twin sister. Their mom and dad had separated when they were just ten years old and had decided to take care of them separately. Juhyun is back in Daegu with their dad who had remarried and adopted his wife’s daughter, Yeri, while Irene was taken by her mom and is now living in Seoul along with her step-sister, Joy. The four frequently meets up with each other every vacation and are really close, so imagine her excitement when Juhyun called her to say that they’re going to visit her and Joy again.

 

Irene and her sister were waiting patiently for the train to arrive. Joy had been giddy beside her about seeing Yeri and hanging out with the youngest and probably teaching her tricks which her and Juhyun had disapproved of a lot of times but can’t do anything about it. Irene brightened as she saw the exact same reflection of herself, grinning and running towards her with another girl in tow.

 

“IRENE!”

 

“JUHYUN!”

 

“YERI!!!”


“JOY UNNIE!!!” came the greetings as they huddled up in a hug. Joy and Irene helped the two girls from Daegu with their belongings and had ushered them towards Irene’s car.

 

“Whoa, Irene unnie! You’re so cool! I wish Juhyun unnie would already drive.” Yeri commented as she locked her seatbelt in place.

 

“Juhyun unnie, when are you going to start driving?” Joy asked, looking at the latter who was seating in the passenger seat.

 

“.........shut up.” she answered, blushing. Irene laughed and started the engine, carefully merging into the busy Seoul road. A car honked behind them and the the two youngest laughed at the same startled expression of their unnies which the older ones answered with a glare.

 

“So what brings you here in Seoul? Except you know, visiting us.” Irene asked with a little smirk.

 

“Remember Seulgi? She was transferred here for work a month ago, I’ll be meeting her later~ How about you? How are you and your girlfriend?”

 

“Wendy’s the sweetest. I’m gaining weight because she keeps on baking me carrot pastries! OOOOHHH, I have some left for you~ You should try it! We’re almost at our house.”

 

“Wendy unnie bakes so good! Yeri, you’ll love her!” Joy exclaimed.

 

“I want to meet her, unnie~” Yeri grinned, getting all excited before her eyes glazed over and suddenly a twinkle shone through them and it’s like Joy knew as she looked at her best friend in question but with a smirk gracing her lips.

 

They reached Irene’s home and had quickly went inside and unpacked their luggages with Joy and Yeri whispering things on the side. Juhyun and her twin had rolled their eyes as they talked about their respective girlfriends.

 

“So Seulgi wants you to stay with her while you’re in Seoul? Why didn’t you say yes?” Irene questioned, definitely curious.

 

“Hmmm, well I told her I want to spend time with my sister~” she answered, winking at her twin  before laughing.

 

“Aish. I would’ve understood if you want to spend time with your girlfriend more!”

 

“It’s okay~ Seul understands and when I told her that I want to spend more time with you, she said she was okay with it as long as I have dinner with her while we're here. That’s all she asked.” she paused, “...and also to meet you if I want to.”

 

“Wow, she sounds just like Wendy! I told her that you were coming and told me that I need to spend time with you and not think about her too much. And yes, I would like to meet her too~”

 

“I’d like to meet Wendy too, she sounds like a great person!”

 

“And since we’re on that subject, unnies….” Joy suddenly piped up and the twins looked at ech other in horror.

 

“Oh”

 

“No” they both said at the same time and the maknaes rolled their eyes.

 

“Just hear us out, will you?”

 

“...............”

 

“So you both want to meet the other’s girlfriend, riiiggghhhttt???~~” Yeri started and the twins nodded slowly.

 

“So how abouuuuttttt, you know them first-hand yourself?~~” Joy added, eyebrows wiggling happily.

 

“..........what do you mean?” Juhyun queried.

 

“Why don’t you guys switch places? Irene unnie can meet Seulgi unnie without Seulgi unnie knowing that it’s not Juhyun unnie and vice versa~”

 

“...........................................................”

 

“........................................”

 

“....It would be fun~~” Yeri pushed, smiling like an angel.

 

“...It does sound fun….” Irene commented, looking at her sister.

 

“......yes, it does…. Seulgi and I have dinner later...We could do that….”

 

“....Wendy and I have dinner later too… I wanted her to meet you… but I guess you could meet her yourself…..” Irene uttered as she and Juhyun stared at each other’s eyes, silently conversing, and just like that the two have called two different restaurants that stood beside each other and made reservations before calling their respective girlfriends to inform them. They decided that Joy and Yeri would see through this operation.

 



 

That night, two people with the same face entered two different restaurants. Irene had quickly spotted Seulgi, who was wearing a loose white tee and skinny jeans, hair tied up in a bun. Seulgi had quickly looked up at the person who entered and Irene can clearly see how the beautiful face of her sister’s girlfriend turned from an emotionless one to a smile so bright, it lighted up the room.

 

“Wow, my sister knows how to pick.” She mumbled to herself as she smiled and walked over to Seulgi who had pulled up a chair for her before hugging her so tight and burying her face into the crook of her neck and whispering an “I miss you” in her ear. It was realllllyyyyy awkward for her and I guess Seulgi felt it as she quickly let go and looked at her still a smile on her face but eyes shining a bit sad and Irene mentally cursed herself as she sat down on the chair.

 

“I ordered already, I know you might be hungry and I want you to taste the awesome food here that I know you'll love!” Seulgi exclaimed as she looked at what she thought was her girlfriend before grinning and continuing, “How was your trip here? And your sister? I hope she’s okay. You should’ve told me earlier that you’re going here, I could’ve picked you and Yeri up in Daegu and drove you here~ Oooh, how is our little Yerimi doing?” came the bullet like questions of the curious bear. Irene smiled. She can already tell how much Seulgi loves Juhyun.

 

“The trip was a bit tiring but it’s okay. Yeri’s with my sister now~ She’s happy to be here~ And I couldn’t ask you to do that for me! Driving is too tiring!” Irene tried to sound like her twin, using her satoori accent.

 

“How would you know if driving is tiring? You don’t even drive!” Seulgi teased before smiling serenely, “You do know the reason I studied and got my driving license is for you, right? Because I know you won’t drive anytime soon so I can be your driver~ Also because i want to see you often and I’m willing to drive back and forth Seoul for you~” she finished.

 

“......................thank you….?” Irene awkwardly answered and she saw Seulgi’s smile dropped a little before looking away. Crap!

 

“Oh, the food’s here~ Eat up~ You’re probably tired, so I won’t keep you long here. I can drive you back to where you’re staying.” Seulgi offered as she pushed the plates of food towards Irene.

 

“Uhm, bathroom first.” She said as she quickly stood up and ran towards the bathroom.

 



 

On the other side of the building, Juhyun entered and was suddenly engulfed by someone and in a panic, she wiggled out of the embrace, looking wide-eyed at the girl who was smiling sheepishly at her.

 

“Sorry, I couldn’t help it~ I saw you in front and wanted to greet you warmly~” the girl, who Juhyun had finally realized was Irene’s girlfriend, smiled at her. Wow! Juhyun realized that this girl can brighten up the room just by her presence and it amazes her how Irene had chosen someone so perfect like how perfect her Seulgi is.

 

“I-it’s okay~” She answered as she was pulled by Wendy who was grinning at her like there’s no tomorrow.

 

“ohmygosh~ You just used your satoori accent!! So cuuuutttteeee~~~” the younger one squealed and Juhyun mentally cursed herself as she internally reminded herself to use her Seoul accent.

 

“Hehehe, only for you~” she tried to save herself and Wendy smiled some more before urging her to seat at their table that’s already filled with food that both she and her sister likes.

 

“My unnie’s really sweet today~” Wendy commented and Juhyun tilted her head to the side.

 

“Isn’t Irene--- I mean, aren’t I always sweet?” Wendy looked at her with curiosity in her eyes.

 

“Just eat up~”

 

“.....okay?” I guess that answers her question about her sister. She was eating peacefully when she noticed Wendy looking at her, hand on her chin, like waiting for something. So she grabbed some food and placed it in front of the younger’s mouth. Wendy looked taken aback before receiving the food graciously and looking at Juhyun again.

 

“Unnie’s a bit weird today….” she mumbled and that was Juhyun’s cue to excuse herself to the bathroom.

 

The twins quickly called each other at the same time only to get a busy line. Juhyun decided to wait for the call instead, knowing that Irene’s probably going to call again and she was right.

 

“Juhyun!!”

 

“Irene!!” they both whispered the same time they picked up the phone. They then began to ramble to each other about the things that happened all at the same time and none of them understood the other. They both sighed.

 

“You go first.” they chorused before groaning.

 

“I’ll go first.” Juhyun stated as she told Irene the story of Wendy and what happened.

 

“The first slip-up is acceptable, but you’re acting the same way I act to her so I have no idea why she’s saying that…. on the other hand, your Seulgi..” and Irene began saying her story. Juhyun ‘aww’ed at the sweetness of her bear and had stated some instructions for Irene to follow.

 

“Okay, I’ll definitely do that. Thanks, Juhyun. Tell Wendy I love her for me.”

 

“I will. Tell Seul that I love her so much.”

 

“I will. alright, I’ll see you in a bit.”

 

“Okay, Bye~ love you.”

 

“Love you too~” They went back to their dates after their call ended before texting the younger one’s.

 

“Do you mind if Yeri joins us?” Irene asked as she sat down in front of Seulgi again who beamed at her and looked around.

 

“Is she here? Of course she can join us! I missed her so much but of course not as much as I miss you~” Seulgi winked and Irene laughed. Her sister really picked something.

 

“She’s outside, I’ll call her to come in.” Irene said, dialling Yeri quickly and soon enough, the youngest one had came prancing in, grinning widely. It was less awkward now that Yeri’s there.

 

Juhyun and Wendy were a different story. After Juhyun came back, Wendy had suddenly looked at her with hurt and coldness, definitely a 360 degree turn from the warmth and love she had looked earlier.

 

“Here, you should eat some more Wendy~” She tried to spoon feed the latter but it was only returned with a glare.

 

“We should end the night early.” She mumbled, motioning for the bill already.

 

“But we just saw each other….” Juhyun whispered, “I love you, Wendy.” she mumbled, remembering what her sister said and it seems like that irritated Wendy more because the girl had stood up and excused herself.

 

.

 

Juhyun quickly stood up, paid at the counter before going in front of the door and motioning for Joy who was waiting there patiently. Unbeknownst to her, Wendy got out from the bathroom and had quickly seen her get out the restaurant and talking to Joy before turning right in a haste. She had asked if the food has been paid before exiting herself and meeting a panicked-stricken Joy who tried to smile at her.

 

“H-h-hey unnie! Irene unnie just went to the car to grab someth-” but she didn’t care, she walked to the right and had quickly spotted her girlfriend hastily walking around tables at the other restaurant and stopping in front of a girl before hugging the shocked girl seated there. She was fuming as she entered the other restaurant, quickly followed by Joy.

 

“So this is the girl you’re saying I love you to.” She whispered as she looked at the wide-eyed Juhyun.

 

“Wendy-”

 

“Don’t Wendy me, unnie. I will-”

 

“Wendy... ”

 

“Don’t even--”

 

“Wendy!” And she was turned around and was face to face with another Irene. Wait. She looked left and right then left then right again, anger diminished, and mouth opening and closing without sounds. Irene, the real one, was beside her patting her .

 

“Sorry, it was our fault.”

 

“Hey, Wendy, I’m Juhyun, Irene’s twin sister.”

 

“Hey Seulgi, I’m Irene, Juhyun’s twin sister.” they both introduced themselves to their shocked girlfriends before the maknaes had ushered the four to sit down. Wendy looked at Seulgi and Seulgi stared at Wendy, eyeing each other before looking at the two similar faces in front of them, then back at each other.

 

“You have no idea this happened?” Wendy asked.

 

“I was played just like you.” Seulgi answered.

 

“Friends?”

 

“Best friends.” The twins stared at each other, both scared for their lives.

 

“IT WAS THE MAKNAES FAULT!” They both shouted in unison as said maknaes looked at their unnies girlfriend with sorry and pouty faces.

 

“And you two agreed on it….” Seulgi glared.

 

“So who’s at fault now?” Wendy mocked.

 

“....................”

 

“...........................”

 

“I knew something was wrong the moment I laid eyes on Juhy--I mean Irene!” Seulgi exclaimed, glaring at her girlfriend who was pouting at her.

 

“For heaven’s sakes Irene, I thought you were cheating on me! Like my is not enough for you!” Wendy huffed.

 

“She touches your a lot too huh?” Seulgi questioned, turning her attention to Wendy.

 

“....yeah, she does. We actually met with her accidentally patting my . It was a good thing she was beautiful or else I would’ve punched her!”

 

“NO. WAY! Juhyun and I met because she thought I was her classmate and patted my ! Like who does that?! I swear, if I didn’t already have some sort of crush on her I would’ve reported her for ual harassment!”

 

“.....unnies are really alike...” Yeri whispered.

 

“They both love squishy things...” Joy agreed.

 

“Mollang mollang~” Irene and Juhyun grinned at each other and the rest of the girls rolled their eyes.


“Unnie, no touching of butts for a week as punishment!” Wendy reprimanded and Irene’s eyes widened in horror.

 

“Same goes for you, Juhyun unnie. I know you’re here only for a week but no touching of butts!” Seulgi grumbled and Juhyun looked like she’s on the brink of tears and the twins both looked at their younger sisters.

 

“No desserts for you guys.”

 

“No Lotte world too.” and you can see the maknaes eyes almost on the brink of tears themselves. Wendy and Seulgi sighed before looking at each other and smiling.

 

“It’s nice to finally meet you, Irene unnie.” Seulgi grinned.

 

“Yes, it’s great to finally meet the secret twin, Juhyun unnie~ Sorry about earlier. It felt like something was not right and I was correct.” Wendy admitted.

 

“If you this again next time…..” Seulgi didn’t finish her sentence and Wendy nodded in agreement. The twins looked like kicked puppies but was really happy the next moment since the their respective girlfriends gave them a kiss.

 

“Ewwwwwwwwww” came the maknaes chorused reply and they all laugh afterwards with Seulgi snuggling closer to Juhyun and Irene squishing Wendy’s cheeks before kissing her again.

 

"No more secret twin pranks!" Irene mumbled.

 

"We promise!" Juhyun agree.

 



A/N: Hello~ This is a fic-art exchange for Mel(@HiradaMeirin)~
I hope this made you happy because this is the last Seulrene/Wenrene fic I'll write ;_;