Incantation

Incantation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N : Was requested to write a JongYu friendship oneshot. I only wrote JongYu fluff and romance till now, so here goes my first attempt at it. Thanks for all your requests guys. Love you! <3 ~

 

*****

 

Whenever we think of magic, the first thing that comes to our mind are spells, glitter, potions...perhaps even broomsticks and witch hats...But 'magic' isn't always so tangible. Why do I say that, you ask? The story that I recount would answer better.

 

-----

 

A young man, clad in a simple tee, jeans and a hat placed carelessly on his lush silver hair walked aimlessly on the pavement. His phone beeped. He brought it out of his pocket, but instead of answering it, he put it on silent mode instead. 

 

"Leave me alone! I want to be away from that concrete jungle for once" He muttered to the phone.

 

He walked on at a slow pace. He seemed to have no set destination as he walked on. 

 

A random person who was walking his dog happened to cross by. His dog sniffed at the young gentleman and wiggled its tail. A smile appeared on the young man's haggard countenance as he bent down and petted the friendly dog, before focusing back on his directionless track.

 

On his way, he noticed a homely looking patisserie. The bell on the door tinkled as he walked into the small shop. The moment he did so, he was overwhelmed by the fresh smell of pastry that aded the shop. The delicious smells emanating from there triggered memories of his school life, how he always walked into this shop after school, to come back to him. The owner he knew seemed to be nowhere around. In his place, a young employee was attending the shop. 

 

Of course. Coming back after so many years, how can I expect everything to stay the same? He thought to himself.

 

He bought several pieces of cake to satisfy his hunger, got them packed, thanked the shopkeeper and stepped out of the shop again.

 

"What now?" He said to himself. He remembered that there used to be a small recreation ground nearby. He walked on in the direction where he hoped it would still be.

 

After walking on for a bit he found the rusty gate to the ground. Just as he remembered it. He walked across the gate and looked around at the large expanse of green grass ahead of him. To his right a row of large trees that seemed to line the expanse. A gang of young boys seemed to be engrossed in a soccer match in the playground, running about here and there, occasionally yelling out at each other.

 

As he gazed a little farther towards his left, he saw two little girls sitting on the grass, playing with dolls as a middle aged woman, perhaps their mother, sat nearby reading a book. One of the little girls happened to notice him looking at them and smiled a friendly grin with a couple of teeth missing. He waved at her gingerly, before turning to his right towards the rows of trees.

 

The young man found a spot under one of the trees, sat down and sprawled out his feet.

 

"So peaceful. As if time has stopped...This must be how wanderers feel" He said to himself.

 

He brought out his box of cakes, took out one and took a bite from it...

 

***

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter