Final

Our Baby Panda

"Come on, Akilah, hold still," YiFan pleaded with the struggling seven year old.
"No!"
"Don't shout," he hushed his little girl. "You'll wake mommy up and she'll be mad."
"Good. Mommy knows what she's doing and you don't!"
"Hey, I'm trying here," he sighed placing her on the chair in front of the vanity. "God, why is this so hard?"
"'Cause I'm a panda," Kilah replied as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.
YiFan held the hairbrush giving a long (and a confused look) down her brown hair and watching it puff up into a big mess. "A panda?"
"A panda."
"I don't get it. Why are you a panda," he asked with a large hand placed firmly on her head to keep her from moving about and earning a loud groan and an eyeroll because 'mommy doesn't do that.'
"'Cause I'm black and white and Chinese!"
The giant chuckled as he fished through your cabinet. "Who taught you that? Was it your mommy?"
Akilah only nodded as she watched her dad snap, not just one or two rubber bands, but four. WuFan's brow creased as he changed his objective and began parting her hair down the center with his hands. "Quit! You're pulling!"
"I'm not trying to, princess!"
"You're not doing it right!"
Feeling his frustration build, your husband snatched the pink bottle off the counter and skimmed over the label before squirting a great amount of it in his hand. Although he was not expert, he just knew he couldn't go wrong here. He rubbed the thick lotion all over Akilah's scalp making her tense up and shake her head like a dog.
"Kilah, this is everywhere!"
"That's too much!"
"You have enough hair for it, " he whined.
"No one has enough hair for that much!"
"If you keep yelling you're gonna wake up mommy and we'll both be in trouble," he reminded as he worked the hair lotion in and backtracked to parting.

Things were going better until a loud rip rung out, followed by a feral shreik and an overflowing of tears. "Oh princess! Daddy is sorry! I didn't mean to."
YiFan tried to reconcile with the girl, but she continued to flail about until you ran into the bathroom to tend to your family. "What is going on!? My bathroom! My product! My baby's head!"
Your husband turned to face you and your daughter ran to seek solace In your arms, finding it almost immediately as you wiped her tears away. The giant's typically sanguine tone being deduced to an almost incoherent panic as he explained everything while you coddled your baby girl. He finished on the brink of ters. "I just wanted to help."

Resting a hand on your protruding belly, you got to your tip toes and kissed his forehead. "Thank you for trying. I appreciate that. Can you just promise me one thing?"
"Anything."
"Don't touch this one's head at all, okay," you asked giggling and patting your baby bump. 
His gummy smile shined brightly. "I promise you that I will never touch another panda's head in my life."
"Come one then, let's wash our baby panda's hair and start over then."