Prologue

Castle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All his life, Luhan had been the perfect child of a picture perfect family. It may have been small and busy, and a little broken, too, but he would have never wished for anything else. His parents' wealth, he never craved, but accepted, for it was important to them. At times, money was a mere burden. His classmates flocked him on heavy Sunday afternoons, wanting to visit his mansion - just for the pool, just for the garden, just for the maids... never for him; robbers attempted to break in so often... Guards stood in every room, barely making an attempt to blend in with the ever so colorful walls. 

Ever since young, he had always felt so... so unsafe. Cornered in his own home. Many envied him, many craved for all the treasure and goods he had, but there were moments he would have been happier with a hug from his mother and a Monsters do not exist, son, from his father.

It was not that his parent weren't...that they had not been caring people. They expressed their love ever so often, showering him in kisses and holding him oh so tight. But they could never reassure his demon-filled mind that nothing was lingering in the shadows. 

Luhan knew that it all had not been in vain. Truthfully, he had never been safe. He was told such when he was little, maybe three or even younger. At that time, he had the room toddlers could not even dream of: enormous bed littered with the softest of blankets and stuffed animals three times his size. The evening sun had been painted on one wall by a professional, and a forest on the other by someone else (his parents did not let the same worker into his room twice for some reason, not that he knew it at that time.) He had been so blissfully unaware of it all and yet he had been told all the little things that could happen to him.

Barely catching it all, he had still nodded and promised to bwe a gwood bwoy and keep away from people he did not know. 

Oddly enough, he had yet to break that promise by the time he grew older. Something about that day had stuck to him so bad: a fear of the unknown had sprouted in the depth of his then so young soul. The child who once had been curious became skittish and shy, flinching at every little shout he heard, even from the well-known staff of his home. Only his well-trusted nanny could coax him into trusting new people, and even then, he ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter