Yumi No Kune

Tic Toc

    CHAPTER ONE

 

“This place is so eerie… We’ve been to a lot of abandoned buildings but this one gives me such a weird feeling, I think we should leave,” Haru said quietly.

    “Will you stop being a baby, c’mon! We haven’t been exploring in so long, what could go wrong?” Nari smiled intensely, “It’s calling my name!”

    The exploration of abandoned buildings has always been one of Haru’s and Nari’s favorite hobbies. It was something about the mysteries that every place held that intrigued the two girls. Every creak of wood, every gust of wind, pulled the girls closer together.

    Knock knock knock

Nari’s head whipped to a room in the corner of second level of the building, “Did you hear that?! Oh my gosh! Let’s go check it out!” She shrieked running to the room with adrenaline running through her body.

    “Yah! We should leave like I said…” Haru whispered. “This still doesn’t feel right, Nari.”

Still going to the room, and still not listening,  Nari put her hand onto the door handle, “I’m gonna open the door,” Nari said.

Haru walked behind Nari waiting for her to open the door. “Just do it and get it over with,” she said.

    “Okay, Here we go! Hopefully nothing pops out at us hahah!” Nari laughed jokingly.

Nari opened the door to the knocking room, Haru closed her eyes and waited for something to happen, but what happened next was nothing the girls would have ever imagined.


 

“Um… Nari, ya, wake up!” Haru screamed as she shook her cousin awake, “Where in hell are we?”

Nari sat up and rubbed her head in confusion. She groggily opened up her eyes and observed her surrounding. She was convinced she was in a dream as her head was full of unknown sites. Bus-sized snails, faces in fog, clouds, and the plants, water floated in the sky, and the ground shimmered like glitter.

“How did we get here?” She finally responded as she became aware of where they were, “WAIT, UM WHAT???? IS THAT A FACE??? IT’S SMILING AT ME??”

“I don’t know where the hell we are Nari, I told you that opening that door was a bad idea, oh my gosh, what the hell Nari. Now what are we gonna do? We are in some ing mystery land of Narnia and it’s all because of you!”

“Will you chill out? It was a door and if you come in a door and you can go back out of it. That is how doors work,” Nari gnarled back.

“I am not in the right state of mind for your two sense. I know how doors work, I am not an idiot. Hm, if it’s so easy then how about you try and find the door that brought us here,” Haru cried back.

Nari got up and dusted off her dress. She started walking with no destination. The air was full of fog and it was sprinkling. Every couple of steps she took, she paused and looked back at Haru, “Are you going to just sit there and mope while I try to find a way out of here?”

“What do you want me to do?” Haru whined, “What’s the point of looking for anything if we already know we are lost?”

Nari shook her head in disbelief and continued walking, hoping that Haru would just follow her. Haru did so and they walked for a mile or so.

Rustle Rustle. Crack.

“N-Nari, I think someone is following us,” Haru’s voice shaked. She turned around to look for the culprit, no one was in sight, “I swear someone was just behind us.”

Nari ignored her and continued walking towards a thick wall of trees. A familiar tune rang through her ears. She recognized the tune immediately. Fly Me To The Moon, Frank Sinatra. The faces in the fog sang to the music and munched on food.

“Haru, look!” Nari shouted as she pulled apart a bunch of vines, “There’s some sort of party!”

“A party? Are you kidding me?” Haru laughed, “I think you’re going crazy.”

“I’m not joking! Just look!”

Haru forgot about the person who was following them and looked at what Nari was pointing out. There was a beach surrounded by people and dancing animals. Everyone was dressed like they were in Hawaii, coconut bras, grass skirts, and leis. Nari walked closer and closer to the party and none of the guest noticed her.

“I’m going to get something to eat, I am starving!” She laughed enthusiastically, “It smells so good.”

“What if you die from eating something?!?!? How can you just choose to be so careless? We don’t even know where we are! Nari please…” Haru cried, “If you die, I’ll be all alone and I won’t know what do and-and-an.”

“Nothing is going to happen! Trust me. Just let me eat!” Nari shouted, “Stop being so scared!”

She walked to the big feast table in the middle of the party and on the way, she bumped into a mysterious guy who smirked at her and then walked away. “Huh? He looks so familiar.” She said after she put food onto a plate while she scrunched her face in confusion.

Meanwhile, Haru stood still, scared something might happen to her even with the slightest movement.

    “Hurry up!” she whispered angrily to herself, “We should be sticking together.” She looked around the crowd, and noticed that some guy across from her in the middle of the dance floor kept staring at her. Not one blink came from him, and not one second did he look away from her. She couldn’t take it anymore and looked around for Nari. “Nari… that guy keeps looking at me,” Haru whispered, “I feel so creeped out.”

Nari looked around for the guy that Haru was talking about, and finally, she caught sight of him in the crowd. He stared at her, but with the guy that she bumped into earlier. She left Haru yet again to go talk to those two mysterious guys, “Where are we and who are you guys?” she asked straightforwardly.

    “Yomi No Kune. I am L and this is my friend Woohyun,” the person who bumped into Nari answered.

Woohyun looked over to where Haru was standing alone and motioned for her to come over. Haru sped walked over while shaking.

“Yes?” she asked.

“How are you Haru?” Woohyun questioned while smiling.

Haru gasped and yelled, “How do you know my name?!”

L chuckled, “We know both of your names already,” he said, “But we don’t know how you two got here.”

    “Huh? How is that even possible? We never even met you two before,” Nari said.    

With no answer said, L and Woohyun started walking away. Nari followed, “Hey! I’m coming with, you can’t just leave us here.”

    “We can’t go with them! What if they bring us to a bad place?!” Haru yelled to Nari.

Woohyun shaked his head and smiled, “Trust me we’re not like that. Do you trust me, Haru?” he asked giving his hand out for Haru to grab onto.

Haru grabbed his hand, blushing at him just by that little gesture with his hand, “I’ll trust you… BUT IF SOMETHING HAPPENS I WILL KILL YOU TWO!”

    “Calm down Haru. Go with the flow,” Nari laughed.

All four walked to wherever L and Woohyun lead them to. The walk was dead silent, and everyone was awkward because no words were being said until Nari cleared awkwardly.

    “So… Where are we going anyways?” Nari asked.

    “You’ll see,” L smirked.