Chapter 4

A new beginning

Myungsoo's POV

“Myungie, Hyung brought you chicken~” I got up quickly from the bed and ran fast to the living room. I saw Howon hyung standing at the front door, waiting me to greet him. I rushed to him and gave him a hug. “Where’s my hug?” A cute little boy that had been tagging around Howon hyung pouted at me.

“Oh, you bring him too?” I pointed at him while looking at Howon hyung which made him pout more.

“He insisted to come.” Howon hyung sighed with his apologetic look.

“The more, the merrier.” He mumbled as walking pass both of us. He then vanished, probably in my room playing with the newest game in my game collection.

“What’s bring you here, hyung?” I took the plastic bag on his hand and bring it to the kitchen. “I just wondered if Woohyun is here.” He looked around the house, sensing that no Woohyun hyung around. “He will be home sooner.” I smiled. I know Howon hyung had a crush on Woohyun but I don’t know when. Sometimes I felt sorry for Howon hyung, he was too nice yet my hyung didn’t much acknowledge him. I will smack his head for Howon hyung when he’s home. “Are you okay with your school, Myung?” He took out orange juice from the fridge and poured it in his glass. “It was good, I hav-“

“HE HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH SCHOOL HOYA HYUNG. I SAID IT MANY TIMES. THE PERSON WHO HAVE PROBLEM WITH IS ME!” I just chuckled at the loud respond across my room.

“Sorry on behalf of my nosy brother.” I shook my head and gave him a comfort smile. “Jongie, tell you the truth though. He was having a very hard time at school.” I assured him.

“Yah, you don’t tattletale me, are you?” The cute boy popped out nowhere. “Your new game was quite boring.” He then taking the glass from Howon hyung as he sipped on it.

“Jongie..” his brother sighed at his action but cannot do anything to the latter.

“So where’s Woohyun hyung? This guy is dying to meet your so hot brother.” Sungjong smirked as his brother face turned pink. Actually I know that Howon hyung has a crush on my brother from Sungjong, well the little boy makes it obvious. Teasing his brother when my brother was around.

“I’m home.”

“Oh here comes the ho- “A hand smack on his lip trying to shut him off. “Hoya and our little sungjongie is here.” He ruffled the cute boy’s hair. I agreed his hair was so soft. I could ruffle it every day. It wasn’t as boring as my new video game. Howon hyung pry his hand off from Sungjong’s mouth. “I b-bring you chicken.” Howon hyung stated it nervously. “Not the life one.” He then flashed his cocky grin. Sungjong and I literally face palm. We always complaint about Howon’s hyung weird joke. “Sorry for his sense of humor.” Sungjong bowed slightly as dragging his brother out of the house. Soon enough, the house was dead in silence.

“Are you okay hyung?” I had been sensing something different when he came. “I got promoted.” I was about to jump on him but judging to his reaction it does feel a bit off. “My new boss was a bit-. Wait I should be happy right? I got promoted! I got to be a secretary!” He cupped my face with both of my hand as jumping around me. “I got triple than my previous salary. By then myung, we will move out from this filthy apartment and-“

“I don’t want to move out.” I looked at him with my serious look.

“I like this neighbourhood. I like it when Howon hyung and Sungjong accompany me when you went off to work. This filthy apartment is my shelter. I have lots of memories with this house. I don’t want to move out.” I spilled out word by word as explaining everything to him. He just stood in front of me, perhaps speechless.

“I thought that you felt uncomfortable.” He spoke softly, misunderstanding my act. I can’t blame him. I always went out to find him.

“I’m sorry hyung.” I wrapped my arms around his waist. “I love this house. I never feel this comfortable before but your presence and scent lingering around this house made it feel better. Can we not move out, hyung?”

“We won’t. I promise.” I could feel a hand rubbing on my back.