Magic Cookies

Just Some One-Shots

It was a Friday afternoon and Yang Seungho had no schedule; it was a rarity these days for him to have the afternoon to himself. He was sprawled out on the couch in his red pair of underwear, playing an extremely addictive game on his phone.

He tapped away on the phone, making the little froggy jump its way through oncoming traffic. He shook his head as his froggy got flattened by a truck.

As he went to go play another game on his phone, his stomach growled, begging for any sort of food to satisfy its needs. Seungho frowned, ignoring it and selecting a character on his game. As he started playing, his stomach growled again, causing his character to die.

Seungho sighed, slipping his phone into his pocket and getting off the couch, dragging himself to the kitchen.

Nothing in the cupboard interested him, until he spotted a plate full of cookies on the kitchen counter. He knew he had to watch what he ate but surely only one delicious cookie from heaven wouldn’t hurt him.

He picked up one of the cookies before noticing a note attached to the plate. He read the note aloud to himself.

“Please do not eat these cookies, they are for Hajin’s birthday party this afternoon. That means you Seungho-hyung. – Bang Cheolyong” he read.

Seungho felt guilty, placing the cookie back. The last thing he wanted was to ruin Hajin’s birthday.

Again, Seungho’s stomach growled, causing him to groan in agitation. Just one insignificant cookie wouldn’t hurt, right? There are plenty of others on the plate.

Seungho took back the cookie he had previously put down and took a bite without hesitation. Before he knew it, he had completely blanked out.

The next thing Seungho knew, he was falling through a vortex of rainbow colours.

What on Earth did Cheolyong put in those cookies? He thought to himself as he shot straight out of the vortex and landed with a thud on a pile of car tires.

“Where the hell am I?” Seungho questioned, continuing to adjust to his surroundings.

The grass was extremely green, and aside from the grass and the pile of tires he was seated on, there wasn’t much of anything else around.

Seungho struggled out of the tires and planted his bare feet on the grass. The grass felt weird; it didn’t feel much like grass at all.

Just then, Seungho heard laughter coming from behind him. It sounded extremely familiar.

He spun around to find someone crouching over by a small pond. Maybe the laughter was coming from over there.

Seungho walked over to the other person, glad he found someone stuck in the same situation he was in.

“Hello there” Seungho said “I’m not sure where I am, I think I’m a bit lost. I was in my dorm but I ate a strange cookie that transported me here”

The person turned around to face Seungho, continuing to crouch on all fours.

Seungho almost had a heartattack when he saw who, or what, it was.

It seemed to be Cheolyong. However, it was nothing like Cheolyong.

The creature had Cheolyong’s features and hair but the body of a frog!

Seungho backed away, completely blaming Cheolyong and his tempting cookies for all of this.

“Where are you going?” The Cheolyong froggy questioned.

“I want to go back home” Seungho replied, scared out of his wits.

“First I need your help” Cheolyong The Frog requested.

“My help? To do what?” Seungho interrogated.

“I need to get over the other side of that highway over there” Cheolyong said, pointing to a highway in the distance with his stranged webbed hands.

“Huh?” Seungho grunted unintelligently.

“I need you to help me get across to the other side” he repeated “It’s my nephew’s birthday and he lives across the highway”

Seungho blinked. This just got weirder and weirder. When he got back to the dorm Cheolyong was going to get it for putting weird into those cookies.

“If I help you, will you show me the way back to my dorm?” Seungho asked.

The frog that looked like Cheolyong nodded “I will take you there personally”

Seungho hummed. That seemed like a pretty good deal.

“Okay, I’m in” Seungho said as he and the frog made their way to the edge of the highway.

There was a lot more traffic on the highway than Seungho had previously thought. It looked almost impossible for one to make their way across without getting squished by a ten tonne truck.

After a few minutes of analysing the traffic, Seungho recognized a pattern. Every ten seconds, a gap would open up, allowing them to run straight through to the second the middle of the road, where they could stop and take a break without worrying about being hit by an oncoming vehicle.

“In ten seconds, we run” Seungho instructed.

The Cheolyong froggy nodded, waiting for the countdown.

“5, 4, 3, 2, 1!” Seungho shouted, immediately running for his life through the traffic.

“Wait, do we run on one or after one?” the frog, who seemed to have the brain capacity of Cheolyong asked.

“Cheolyong!” Seungho shouted, as the frog started running two seconds after he started, the timing of the cars becoming off.

The frog which resembled Cheolyong got hit by a truck, flattening his body completely.

Seungho fell to his knees once he had safely reached the other side, crying his heart out.


“CHEOLYONG, I’M SORRY!” he shouted, banging his hands on the ground. He can’t believe he had just let his best friend die; even if it was just Cheolyong in a frog’s body.

~~~

*Meanwhile*

Cheolyong whistled to himself as he opened the door to the dorm with one hand, balancing the present he had just bought for Hajin in the other.

He placed the present down and kicked the door closed with his foot, making his way to the kitchen to get the cookies for Hajin’s birthday party.

What he saw made his eyes widened.

There the leader was, rolling around on the kitchen floor, tears and chocolate staining his face. The plate of cookies Cheolyong had prepared now laid empty on the floor beside MBLAQ’s leader.

“What the HELL hyung?!” Cheolyong complained, walking over to his hyung who was now mumbling to himself in a trance.

Cheolyong heard him saying “I’m sorry Cheolyong, I’m sorry… Cheolyong, I’m sorry…”

Cheolyong shook his head “I know you’re sorry hyung”

He walked straight passed Seungho and stood on a chair, opening the highest cupboard in the dorm and pulling out another plate of cookies.

“I knew you wouldn’t be able to help yourself” Cheolyong said to himself “Now I’ve gotta go before I’m late for the party”

On his way out, Cheolyong kicked his delusional hyung in the side.

“You really ” he said, grabbing the present and leaving.

~~~

A/N I haven’t checked over this so if there are any mistakes, I’m sorry. (Don’t feel like checking over it cause I’m lazy)