Part 8

Clear View

AN: So, it's definitely been almost a whole year since I last updated this fic. Oops...

But hey, it's back! After this chapter there's going to be an epilogue and then it'll be all finished up :) 

Thanks everyone so much for reading, subbing, and leaving feedback!

 

 

 

 

         When Tiffany wakes up she feels incredibly groggy, but still much better than when she had first fallen asleep. She’s more than a little disappointed to find herself in an empty bed. With a sigh she sits up and rubs the sleep from her eyes before staying stationary for a couple minutes; willing herself to move but being too out of it to actually do so.

 

         Tiffany hears her room door open and smiles widely when she sees Sunny peek her head into the room. “How are you feeling?”

 

         “Icky, but still so much better. Thank you for taking care of me.”

 

         Sunny grins, “You don’t  have to thank me. I just didn’t want to see you feeling sick.” She says as she sits on the edge of the bed.

 

         “What time is it getting to be?”

 

          “It’s a little passed 5:00pm.”

 

          Tiffany’s eyes widen, “You’ve got to be kidding me. I couldn’t have been asleep for that long!”

 

         Sunny chuckles, “Hey, that happens when you drink. It’s nothing too big.”

 

         “But… it’s your last day here. I was really hoping we could spend some more time together.”

 

         “We still have plenty of time. Besides, it’s not like we’re going to not see each other after this, right?” To Tiffany’s surprise Sunny asks the question very cautiously. Almost like she’s expecting the answer to be no.

 

          Tiffany smiles, “Of course we’re going to see more of each other after this. It’s just… I want to spend all the time I can with you while you’re here. It’s such a nice place for-“ Tiffany cuts herself off. She was planning on saying it’s a nice place for lovers, but would that be too much?

 

          Sunny takes Tiffany’s hand in her own, “It’s a nice place for romance.” Tiffany nods her head in agreement; not her exact thought, but damn close.

 

          “So how are we going to spend the rest of today?” Tiffany asks.

 

          “Well, I heard the others talking about skinny dipping at night.” Sunny says with a grin. The completely shocked look on Tiffany’s face makes her laugh, “I was joking! Really, I don’t know how we should spend it. We could still sneak out for a swim tonight, but with bathing suits.”

       

        Tiffany smiles a little shyly, “I’d really like that. What is everyone else doing now?”

 

         “They’re all at the lake swimming while they still have time to. Do you want to go?”

 

         Tiffany shakes her head, “No. I’d like it if just you and me went later. Besides I’m still kind of gross feeling. So uhm, you stayed behind?”

 

         “Yeah. I just wanted to make sure you were alright.”

 

         Tiffany nudges Sunny playfully, “You didn’t have to do that. You’re missing out on your vacation!”

 

         Sunny chuckles, “No I’m not. I was enjoying the quiet of not having anyone around. I think that counts as well spent vacation time.”

 

         Tiffany sighs and rests her head on Sunny’s shoulder, “I guess it counts.”

 

         “So then what do you want to do?”, Sunny asks.

 

         “First I need to shower, and then we’ll decide on something.”




 

         Sunny and Tiffany spend the next few hours curled up on the couch in the living room together. The hours are filled with talking and laughter. Having a long, light hearted conversation is something a lot of people take for granted, but not Tiffany. She listens to Sunny intently with an unfaltering smile on her lips. When Tiffany speaks, Sunny does the same.

 

         It’s 8pm when everyone else comes back and the sun is beginning to set. As soon as Taeyeon enters the cabin she motions for Tiffany to follow her to her room.

 

         Once the door is shut Tiffany asks, “Is everything alright, Tae?”

 

         Taeyeon smiles, “Everything is fine. So you and Sunny are getting along well again?”

 

         “Yeah. Everything is great between us now. We talked some and straightened everything out.”

 

         “That’s great. So you wouldn’t be opposed to just you two sharing the other cabin?”

 

         Tiffany freezes; taking a second to remember her and Sunny’s talk. The thought of them having a cabin alone together is still a little nerve wracking. However, Tiffany thinks back on the past few hours and realizes that them having the smaller cabin to themselves wouldn’t be much different.

 

         “Fany?”, Taeyeon asks in a concerned tone.

 

         A smile returns to Tiffany’s lips, “I think that’d be nice.”

 

         Taeyeon grins back, “Then get your things together and head on over.” She says before giving Tiffany’s a playful tap.




 

         By 8:30 Tiffany and Sunny find themselves alone in a bedroom of the smaller cabin with an odd heavy feeling in the air between them. Tiffany barely wants to admit it, but she knows exactly what the feeling is; .

 

         “Hey, do you still want to go down to the lake?”, Sunny asks a little hesitantly.

 

         The uncharacteristic shyness makes Tiffany grin despite the tension between them, “I do. Do you?”

 

         “Yeah. Want to go get ready now?”

 

         Tiffany nods back before pulling a bikini from the small dresser that’s in the room, “I’ll, uh…, I’ll go to the bathroom to change.” She says before practically running out of the room.




 

         When Tiffany exits the bathroom, now in her bathing suit, she sees Sunny leaning against the wall opposite her in her own bikini. The sight stuns Tiffany. Of course she has seen Sunny in a bikini before, but opening a door to the sight of a barely clad Sunny is almost overwhelming.

 

         “Tiffany, are you okay?”, Sunny asks with evident concern.

 

         Tiffany let’s out an embarrassed chuckle, “You’re just so gorgeous.”

 

         Hearing that makes Sunny smile, “I can say the same for you.”

    

         Tiffany interlocks her fingers with Sunny’s, “Enough with the flattery, let’s head out.”




 

         Tiffany lies on the jetty looking up at the full moon and the stars. A smile spreads across her lips; this moment is perfect. The peaceful atmosphere of the night mixed with the sounds of the water lapping against the jetty. The wind blowing just enough to dry the leftover water droplets on her skin, and making her shiver every so often.

 

         “What are you thinking about?”, Sunny asks as she climbs out of the water.

 

         Tiffany sits up, “Nothing actually. I was just appreciating the night.”

 

         Sunny hums in acknowledgment as she sits beside Tiffany, “It really is beautiful out.”

    

         For once, Tiffany takes the lead and puts her arm around Sunny’s waist, “Thank you for coming down here with me.”

 

         Sunny chuckles, “Are you kidding me? I wouldn’t pass up the chance to spend my last night here with you.” With a smile on her lips she tucks a stray strand of wet hair behind Tiffany’s ear, “God, you’re so gorgeous.”

 

         Tiffany doesn’t say anything back; she doesn’t feel like she can put her thoughts and emotions into words. The way Sunny’s eyes reflect the light of the moon, how her dripping hair is carelessly tossed over her shoulder, the way Sunny is smiling at her and looking into her eyes. It’s all so overwhelmingly perfect.

 

         With a content sigh Tiffany closes the distance between their lips in a simple motion. Sunny responds immediately; resting her hands on Tiffany’s back and waist.

 

         It amazes Tiffany how at home she feels with this girl. A girl who was a stranger less than a week ago. How she had even been afraid to just talk to Sunny when they had first met. Yet now, the feeling of their tongues moving in sync and their hands tracing each other's curves feels so natural. Of course Tiffany’s heart is racing, her breathing shaky, and her body trembling with euphoria. But all of that just adds to how instinctively right it feels to be with Sunny.

 

         When Tiffany pulls back to catch her breath, Sunny’s lips refuse to leave her skin. Instead, gentle kisses are trailed along Tiffany’s jaw and down her neck where they they pause to become teasing and nibbles.

 

         The feeling of teeth playing along her neck make Tiffany’s body heat up suddenly. The wave of enticing fire shoots straight down her body and settles in the pit of her stomach.

 

          With a gasp Tiffany and digs her nails in Sunny’s bare side. “H-hey”, Tiffany warns breathlessly as she moves away.

 

          Sunny stops and looks up at her with evident concern, “Too much?”

 

          “Too much.”, Tiffany confirms with a good natured smile.

 

         “I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to-”

    

         Tiffany cuts Sunny off with a quick peck on the lips, “It’s fine, alright?” She stands up and stretches, “What do you say to heading back to the cabin? We can spend the rest of the night snuggled up together.”

 
         Sunny grins as she stands, “I think that sounds amazing.”