Jokbal, Penguin and a new life

P.s: What is love

Aphrodite, Venus, Freya, these was some of the name I was known as before I was stripped of my title as the Goddess of Love. I was known as Aphrodite to the Greek, Venus to the Roman, and Freya to the Norse. But I wasn't born from the sea foams like the Greek thought. I also has no relationship with the Planet Venus or Mars, the Roman God of War. I also do not has a twin brother by the name of Freyr. However, I do love the taste of Jokbal. Those pig trotters cooked with Soy Sauce and spices are totally out of the world!

 

 

Oh. You might be wondering about why I, Hirai Momo (That is my real name in case you are wondering) as stripped of my title as the Goddess of Love. Well, that was because I spent my days eating platter of Jokbals, one after another. I was once a hardworking Goddess of Love, but ever since I was introduced to the dish by the Goddess of Tofu (Dahyun), I simply can't stop eating it and in the process, started to neglect my duty of spreading love around the world. Peoples in the human world started loving one another less and lessever since then.  Wars started brewing as hatred gained control of the World. Cupid, my loyal servant seeing the state of the World starting to crumble in hatred and darkness decided to take control of the situation. He went to see Ole-All-God who ruled over the Gods and Goddess to seek for his assistance. I was ordered to report to the Hall of Glory, where Ole ordered me to take responsibility for the chaos eating away at MIDGARD (Human World), but it was then I realised that I had forgotten about what true love is, and thus I can't summoned my power to save the world that is slowly crumbling away. A world that I do not care about. I only want to eat my jokbal. Ole thinking it over decided to send me to MIDGARD where he hope I can realise what love is, and hopefully save the Human World. I was escorted to the entrance of the World Tree by Cupid to access one of the portal that can send me to MIDGARD.

 

 

So, here I am in the human world alone, without a house to stay in, without any money. All I know was that I am currently in the Republic of Korea, aka South Korea. A country where they are still sort of at war with another country that used to be part of them. But ah well, I don't really care. I walked around the street looking for a place where I can sleep. Various signboards around the street indicated that I was in a city called Seoul. The tantalizing smell of food waltzed through the cool night air. I can smell Bulgogi, Ddeokbokki (Spicy rice Cakes), ice cream waffles and the smell of ...... JOKBAL!  I can't stopped my feet from walking to the window of the restaurant that is selling the jokbals.  As I started drooling at the sight of the jokbals, the door of the restaurant opened and a girl come out of it carrying a trash bag. She turned and noticed me with her eyes widening in surprise. To my embarrasement, I realised that I am still drooling and stopped it. 

 

"May I help you" she asked while looking at me.

 

"No. Thank you. I was just passing by..." replied me as I turned and tried to walk away. But instead, I stumbled and fall to the ground. The girl then rushed to me and tried to help me up as a growl from my hungry stomach made their existence known.

"You must be hungry" exclaimed the girl. "I am Myoui Mina" by the way she added as she dragged me into the restaurant. Over plates of Jokbal and bottles of Soju, I learned that Mina was from Japan. Her mother used to be a famous model who had retired from her career as a model, and with the cash she has earned open a Jokbal restaurant here in the heart of Seoul. Her parents are currently on a Vacation overseas leaving her in charge of the restaurant for now. She then started asking questions about me which I lied to her. I told her I was an orphan running away from the Orphanage which I had stayed in since young. With tears in her eyes, she told me how sorry she feel for me and offered me a job as a waitress here. As for housing, I can stay with her for now. Pretending to consider it, I decided to accept the offer as it is such a great deal for me. Jokbal and free housing?! That is a deal too good to be rejected. Mina smiled at me and told me to wait for her outside as she prepared to close the restaurant for the night.  While she shuffled away like a penguin, I can't stopped smiling to myself. Life on MIDGARD has gotten off to a good start.