Emotion Over Logic

Valentine's Day - Zico

Xiah may have broke your heart but I can pick up the pieces
Yours,
Zico

Gazing down at the note in your hand, your thumb ran over the smooth paper as you blinked your eyes a few times, letting all of those moments and memories together compile and run through your mind. Re-reading the note between your fingers over and over again, a staggered breath left your lips as your heart took over your mind, emotion over logic.

Slipping the note back into the binding of the book, you quickly followed the path that Zico had trod a few minutes ago. Skipping down the stairs, your legs acted like pistons, causing you to fly down the stairs before you hit the tile floor of the next floor and ran through the lobby. Pushing open the doors, you quickly glanced one direction then the other before seeing a figure in the distance.

Betting that it was him, you took off after him, calling his name to see if the figure would respond.

“Zico!” You called, once in slightly closer range, the figure stopped and looked over his shoulder.

Knowing it was him, you slowed your pace, approaching him as you tried to catch your breath.

“_______?” Zico questioned, closing the space between the two of you

“I wanted to catch you before you left” You told him, your breathing returning back to normal now.

“You caught me” Zico held up his hands as if he was caught by the authorities.
“Is something wrong?”

“Well, that depends on how you take it” Your eyes lowered from his, your fingers moving into one another. “Did you mean what you said in the note?”

“I wouldn’t tell you something that wasn’t true” Zico’s hand rested on your shoulder as his other hand gently lifted your chin so his eyes met yours again.

Blinking slowly, your eyes opened to his, his eyes kind and soft, warm and loving. Staying that way for a moment or two, both of you read each others emotions.

Zico’s eyes searched yours as you slowly let your walls come down, emotions beginning to fill your eyes as you could only wish that you could tell him all that you went through, all that Xiah put you through.

“What did he do?” Zico whispered quietly, slowly seeing the pain behind your eyes that was coming to light.

“More than you want to know” You whispered softer than him, your eyes lowering  The hand of his still rested on your shoulder as you could feel his touch change while he moved his hand slowly up and down your arm.

“Where would you like to start?” Zico questioned, taking a step towards you as you lowered your head more.

“How much time to do you have?” You tried to keep your voice from cracking, your eyes closing to try and keep the tears at bay.

“All the time in the world, for you” He replied as he took a small step towards you, his hand moved from your shoulder and wrapped his arms around you, careful to read your body language as he brought your into a hug.

A moment or two passed before you lifted your arms and wrapped them around him, your head against his chest and allowed the tears to fall from your eyes.

“Is this okay?” He whispered against your head, wondering if the tears were for the hug or for another reason.

“It’s just what I needed” You whispered, slowly calming down as he let out a sigh of relief.

“Would you like to head somewhere and talk?” Rubbing his hands along your back, you thought a moment.

“Sure, but I don’t want to see the couples being all lovey dovey” You whispered, your hand gently rubbing his side gently.

“No one wants to see that” He chuckled as you lifted your head from his chest.

Tilting his head slightly, he lifted his hand and brushed away your tears, “I know the perfect place”

The two of you headed off, starting with the day that you accepted Xiah’s offer of being his girlfriend. As the story progressed, Zico continued to stay by your side, wiping away your tears and listening intently to every little word you spilled from your lips. Determined to heal your heart and treat you the way that you deserve to be treated, wanting to show you what you deserve and more because you are you, you are the one who caught him off guard, the one who he loves.