One Shot

One Night Mistake

One Night  Mistake

Jimin x Sumi

        It was pathetic, but I was sick off my own stupidity. Off my own stupid fate. Off a disaster and forced to listen to some music in the background while my throat burned with every sip.

 

     “Why are you drinking all alone?” His voice broke through my moment of watching the karaoke screen flash over the screen. I could vaguely hear a chorus of cheers when he opened the door, signaling happy friends, singing a drinking.

 

      “Maybe I have no friends,” I didn’t comment on the fact he just walked into a random karaoke room, on-looking a girl who sat alone dining on an entire bottle of whiskey. I didn’t even like whiskey, but I felt that the burn would teach me a lesson and maybe make me feel something. Sadly, all I felt was sick.

 

      “That’s kind of depressing,” the boy admitted, tucking a strand of light strawberry orange hair. I wasn’t sure if he actually had that color, or I was just seeing colors. All I knew was that I was moments away from throwing up on the ground- not because of too much alcohol, but mostly because I was so freaking stupid.

 

      Stupid and lonely and angry.

 

      I shrugged and took a chug of the bottle.

 

      “How will you be getting home?” He asked after a moment.

 

      “Wha?” I stood up, waving around the bottle. “You don’t think I can go home on my good looks.” It was as if God was proving a point, causing me to let out a burp that burned my throat.

 

      “Okay,” he lengthened the syllable, stretching out his okay. He slightly flinched when I collapsed on the floor and started laughing. I didn’t know why I was laughing, only that I soon found I was crying too. “Do you need help….? …Maybe professional help?”

 

      “Yah,” I muttered, but it was weak as I found it hard to be mad when my face was soaking into my palms. “Maybe I do.”

 

      I heard a slight sound of unwrapping, causing me to glance up at a lollipop, being held up by the mysterious stranger.

 

      “I was told not to take candy from strangers,” I muttered, and I heard him give out a slight chuckle, forcing my eyes to his and found his eyes were slanted in his amusement. It was oddly charming, and my fingers rose to take the stem of it. The taste of strawberry was odd with the mixture of whiskey, but it wasn’t too bad.

 

      “I guess we’re not strangers anymore,” he said, his palm pressed flat on my head and ruffled my hair, ruining any chance of looking good today. My curls were frizzy and I no doubt looked a mess, but the way he looked at me was like that of a man amazed. It was a look I had only dreamed of receiving from a boy.

 

      “Sumi,” I muttered, pressing my palm into my cheek, feeling them warm under his stare. “I’m Sumi.”

 

      “Jimin,” he said simply, dropping his hand. “And you stopped crying.”

 

      “I don’t even remember why I was crying, to be honest.”

 

      His eyes glanced down at the bottle in my hand, clutching in between my fingers as if it were my sippy cup. “You did drink almost all that bottle.”

 

      “Huh,” I murmured, glancing down at it. “I have a high tolerance…sort of…if we ignore the fact that I don’t remember paying for this room or choosing this song.” As if by horrible coincidence, Gangnam Style began playing in the background.

 

      “How do you plan to get home? I can call you a taxi.” Jimin stated, covering the fact that he wanted to sing along to the oddly catchy song. He gave a rather large smile that I found rather charming.

 

      “Nah…I’ll just sleep here…” I muttered, glancing down at my hands.

 

      He let out a sigh, “that sounds dangerous.”

 

      “I’ll sober up and then when I do I will remember where I parked my car…” I stated simply, my stubbornness creeping into my voice.

 

      “Do you know your address?” He asked, and I noticed he was watching me subconsciously twirl the lollipop in my mouth.

 

      “Why?”

 

      “So I can give it to the taxi driver, dummy,” he said, poking me in the head.

 

      “I'm not a dummy…I just can’t remember where I live right now,” I muttered, my head dropping in the faint display of dizziness that crept in my vision.

 

      “How about you stand up and walk around in the fresh air?” He suggested, standing quickly and holding out his hand. I didn’t even have to think about it, my hand nearly missed his, as I think I was seeing double, but eventually he helped me to my feet. “When you sober up, maybe you’ll remember your address.”

 

      “You’re a nice,” I muttered, and he chuckled at my incorrect speech as he helped me out of the karaoke bar. The moment we were outside, the night air and chill made me nearly freeze.

 

      In moments, he draped his coat around my shoulders.

 

      “What’s your favorite color?” He asked, mid walk, and I laughed as if it was the funniest thing he had ever said.

 

      “Why you care?” I asked, and quickly found that his body temperature was warming me up, and in my drunk state, I was able to feel that this guy was ripped.

 

      “Working your mind will sober you up,” he stated simply, giving me a happy smile.

 

      “You wanna get rid of me that badly?” I asked, dragging my feet.

 

      “Mostly, I want you to be able to walk on your own, not that I mind a beautiful woman hanging off of me,” he said after little hesitation.

 

      “I don’t think I can walk anymore,” I admitted, and he laughed. I barely noticed that he had helped me sit down on the ledge of a fountain. I could vaguely hear the droplets from behind me, bouncing out and trickling over the open skin on the back of my neck.

 

      My body began to fall to the side, and he barely managed to catch my shoulders in time to steady me from falling into the water. “You are hopeless,” he said with another smile.

 

      “Shut up…just wait…I’ll get my motor senses back…and kick your ,” I only half joked, but he chuckled anyway, sitting down next to me and allowing my head to lay onto his lap.

 

      “Isn’t this a little inappropriate?” His question barely phased me, and I looked up towards him.

 

      “What happened to my lollipop?” I muttered in annoyance, and saw his shoulders shake with laughter.

 

      “I’m all out, I’m afraid,” he said in response, and I smiled, glancing up at him and lightly pressing my palm against his cheek.

 

      “You’re a nice guy,” I muttered, and noticed he had frozen under my touch.

 

      “You’re quite forward…” He stated with a raised brow, but the amusement hadn’t escaped his gaze. “I could be anyone.”

 

      “Yeah…” I murmured, and let out a content sigh. “I could be anyone too.”

 

      It was silent for a moment, and I could feel his fingers twist my black curls in is grip. It was a comfortable feeling that blocked out my raging dizziness.

 

      “Purple…” I murmured after a moment. “My favorite color…”

 

      He laughed, “and you still can’t tell me your address.”

 

      “Shut up,” I muttered. “It has a 4 in it.”

 

      “Narrows it down. I’m sure the cab driver will find it quickly,” he said, and I opened my eyes once more.

 

      “Your legs are muscly,” I stated, squirming in his lap.

 

      “Squats.” He said in return, causing me to let out a very un-Sumi-like giggle. “You should see my abs.”

 

      “Oho?” I ran my palm down cheek to his chest, stopping just so I could feel his muscles from beneath his white button up shirt.

 

      I nearly missed his slightly sheepish squirm.

 

      “Is that a six pack?” I murmured.

 

      “You can count? I’m actually impressed,” he said with a smile.

 

      “I counted ten…but common sense told me it was wrong,” I admitted.

 

      “You’re killing me,” he said, chuckling, sadly as he went to lean back, he realized that there was nothing to lean against, causing him to fall into the fountain. I would have made fun of him if he hadn’t taken me down with him.

 

      “I’m awake,” I exclaimed, coughing out the water and watching as he emerged, soaked to the bone with water droplets clinging to his cheeks, and sticking his bangs to his forehead. The white shirt he had been wearing was now soaked and see through, allowing me to count- indeed a six pack.

 

      He laughed, running a hand through his hair and brushing his bangs back. “And here I thought I was the sober responsible adult.”

 

      I giggled, wading through the water and running my fingers through his bangs, pushing them away from his face. My cold hands lingered on his cheek for a moment, allowing the warmth of his face to soak into my freezing hand. “I’m not a responsible adult right now either.” I murmured, my eyes lingering on his. I went to remove my hand, but his covered my palm before I could.

 

      “You should probably stop me,” he murmured, and my head tilted to the side.

 

      “That would be the responsible thing to do,” I whispered, and felt his face get closer to mine.

 

      “You can still stop me,” he murmured again, almost as if he were telling it to himself or as if he knew, somewhere in his heart, that what I was doing was wrong.

 

      I didn’t say anything. I didn’t want him to stop, and the feeling of his fingers running through my hair and pulling me forward from the back of my neck was almost too blissful. When he bent down, his lips brushed against my cheek. It sent a flare of heat to ignite underneath my skin, and I wasn’t sure if it was because I was drunk, or he was hot, or he was sweet, or because he looked at me in a way I could only dream of, or if it was simply wrong for me to do anything I was about to do.

 

      The light touch was enough to send shivers through my nerves, and I no longer knew if I was trembling from the touch or from the fact that I was freezing. “I can still stop,” he murmured against the hollow of my temple, brushing his lips over the side of my mouth.

 

      I reached up and pulled the rest of his lips to mine, my fingers squeezing the front of his shirt, feeling water drip from in between my grip. I knotted my fists into his shirt, pulling him harder against me.

 

      “I can’t,” I whispered in between the kiss. “…breathe.”

 

      He pulled away, resting his forehead against mine.

 

      “I can’t remember my address…but do you remember yours?” I whispered it into his ear, and felt his body grow warmer under my touch.

 

      We barely made it to his car, let alone his apartment.

 

      His arms circled around me, gathering me against him, and we rolled off the seat and onto the floor of the car. It was a rather luxurious car- a cruise that proved to be roomy enough to drive, but not easy to remove clothing when wrapped up in another’s arms, tangled and kissing. The indents of the seats and floor dug into my back, but I didn’t particularly care.

 

      Despite my coat, I could feel the heat of him burning through his clothes and mine. I tugged the jacket off, barely noticing when his shirt came off as well.

 

      Everything was clumsy, but I couldn’t remember when I had felt so free and his lips made me weak with every brush. It was the type of kiss that only came once in a life time, and it was one I wouldn't soon forget.

 

      My very own mistake- one that lasted in a car and later in the bathroom of that very same karaoke bar.

 

•8•

 

            Two hours and three minutes. That's how long it took me to up my life, my plans, my everything. But it's not as if it was a bad two hours. In fact, it was a wonderful part of my life. 

 

       The way he kissed me was like fire, prickling embers over my skin. I lost control of reason, and I lost my mind.

 

      Sadly, it came back to me before I could check the lost and found. 

 

•8•

 

      "I ed up," I murmured, after twirling my straw for an entire twenty minutes. Sung Yi glanced up from her tablet and latte, blinking her eyes for a moment.

 

      "So she speaks. We've been sitting here for twenty minutes." Sung Yi murmured, pushing back a stray strand of black hair. 

 

      "I think I made a mistake- and Vi, would you stop doing that, it's really annoying," I finally snapped, causing the chopsticks that were in Vi's nostrils to fall out into Sung Yi's latte. Said girl immediately closed her eyes and began to count to ten. 

 

      "What kind of mistake," Sung Yi asked after her ten seconds. "Cause you don't usually make those. I was beginning to think you weren't human."

 

      "Hypothetically speaking, I did something last night." I murmured, causing Sung Yi's cheerful smile to vanish. Sadly, the girl was more perceptive than I would of liked.

 

      "Vi get me another latte,"

 

       "But I-"

 

      "Don't make me say it twice, or so help me god, you will need sugary to get those chopsticks out next time." Sung Yi ordered, and Vi stood up like a soldier in war.

 

      "I understand," Vi said with a soldier solute.

 

     "I hate him," she muttered as he walked away, leaving me to nervously chew on my thumb. Her eyes immediately darted to me, and she sighed. "How was it?"

 

      For the love of God. "How was what....?

 

      "You obviously got it good last night. I saw you limp."

 

      "Jesus Christ, Sung Yi."

 

      "Did you call for Jesus a lot?"

 

      "This is serious. Suga is never going to forgive me. I will have to add it in my vows. I will love you forever, but I will also repress sleeping with someone else yesterday."

 

      "But you don't love him," Sung Yi said with a bored shrug. "I have my doubts you even like him."

 

      "It's a figure of speech. And I do like him."

 

      "I guess that's just me. He's an in my opinion."

 

      "I have a serious problem. If you bring up Pokémon right now, I will make you need surgery." I said in a hushed whisper.

 

      "He stole my Pokémon cards. I know he did! Rat bastard," Sung Yi retorted as if she had been prepared to scream it all her life. 

 

      "Just let it go, this conversation is about me. What do I do- and so help me god, if I don't get actual advice, I'm going to kill you."

 

      "Just keep the information to yourself." Sung Yi answered with a cold shrug. "Lie your off, go on your honeymoon," she winked, "and no one will be none the wiser. No one would suspect you did anything wrong because you're you."

 

      "You suspected," I murmured.

 

      Sung Yi shrugged, sliding through pictures on her tablet. She obviously was losing interest in the conversation. "I'm smart. He's stupid."

 

     "But what do I do about the guilt," I asked slowly and she looked up towards the ceiling and sighed.

 

      "We're going to talk about this all day, aren't we?" She asked and I nodded.

 

      "It's one of those mistakes."

 

      "You don't do anything about it. Live with it or don't. Personally, I'd go for the new guy. He must be amazing if he managed to drop your ," 

 

     "Yah!"

 

      She giggled, "come on, Sumi, it's like you wear a chastity belt or something. Anyway, one thing I've learned is that karma gets you back long before your guilt can swallow you up."

 

      "Thanks Yi, you always know what to say," I muttered sarcastically as I leaned back in my chair and sighed.

 

      "Here to help," sung Yi said with a thumb up, but her eyes were already glued to her tablet. I narrowed my eyes and knocked her water into her lap, just because. "You-" Sung Yi glanced around, "where the hell is my green tea latte!" She glanced around, finally finding Vi in the corner of the room with chop sticks in his nose, taking selfies. Her scowl deepened as her pants dripped wet with a stain of water that looked remarkably like a piss mark.

 

•8•

 

       I glanced through my bag, rummaging through drawers and knocking down books. I was close to tears by the time Suga came home. My body froze the moment I heard him silently hum what sounded like "be a man" from Mulan. “For the love of god,” I muttered after a moment of hesitation.

 

      So, first, I cheat on my fiancé and now I lose the ing wedding ring. I heard the knob of the door start to turn, and I rushed to the door, quickly holding it shut. “What the ?” I heard him muttered.

 

      “You can’t come in…I-I’m in my wedding dress. Bad luck!” I stated, despite the fact that I’ve been putting off buying the dress and was currently in my jammies. Mostly, I didn’t want to answer why the room was trashed.

 

      “Oh, you finally bought it? That’s good, but I thought you were going to go shopping with my mother when she gets into town,” Suga’s voice was confused and the reminder of the promise made me want to smash my head against the door.

 

      I am such a up.

 

      “Oh, I’m wearing a rental…I was thinking about buying the actual one with your mom.” Good going Sumi. Good going.

 

      “Oh, that’s a good idea,” Suga stated, causing my brows to furrow. No it isn’t...god you’re dumb.

 

      “Yeah. You know me,” I stated with an awkward sigh.

 

      “Cool, and did you leave your ring on the dashboard? Cause I found it in the car,” Suga asked and I immediately dropped to my knees in defeat.

 

      “Yeah, I suppose I did. Thanks. Slip it under the door,” I said calmly, despite my insides falling apart. I felt the ring slid under the crevice and began to wonder if this was what married life will feel like- me lying to my husband and my husband being an idiot.

 

      Hearing him walk away with the sound of “Let’s get down to business” made it hard to rule out the possibility.

 

•8•

 

      “I’m an awful woman,” I said slowly, placing my head in my palms. Sung Yi sighed, her gaze blank, but at least this time she wasn’t immersed in her tablet or latte.

 

      “Listen, you know I don’t do the whole…feelings thing very well, but listen to me.”

 

      “I hate how you begin advice.”

 

      “You and Suga don’t even love each other. Just tell him that you had a moment of weakness. Your family doesn’t have to suffer for it. He won’t feel betrayed because, honestly, you don’t have any expectations of each other.”

 

      “Sung Yi,” I murmured, glancing up through the crevices in between my fingers. “You aren’t made to comfort people. Don’t try.”

 

      The girl only shrugged. “Look, as your maid of honor, I suppose it is my job to tell you that you are meeting his entire family today.”

 

      “Oh my god,” I muttered, sinking deeper into my palms. “At least his mom likes me.”

 

      “You’re marrying the guy, and you’ve never met his family?”

 

      “It wasn’t as if this is some long played out love story. I don’t get a love story. I get a dirty bathroom bar and a tongue down my throat.”

 

      “You cheated in a bathroom?” Sung Yi’s nose scrunched up in disgust.

 

      “Thanks. You really know what to say to make me feel better.” I decided to leave out the part in the car as well.

 

      “You’re the one who cheated. Don’t blame me.”

 

•8•

 

      Something up there hated me. I was certain.

 

      I had a wonderful memory. Top in my class in fact, so seeing his familiar light strawberry hair and brilliant, slanted brown eyes made me want to die. Kiss him. Kill him. Maybe even die a second time. I could still, albeit vaguely, remember his hands on my hips and gripping me mean against the seat of the car.

 

      “Hey, this is my brother, Jimin. I talked about him a little bit,” Suga stated just as I came out of the kitchen holding the appetizers I would pretend weren’t take out. I barely noticed when they all went tumbling to the ground, catching the attention of Jimin whose eyes narrowed for a moment before widening.

 

      .

 

      The plate broke in half under my grip, catching everyone’s attention. “Nerves…ha…haha.” I spewed out lamely, half between laugh and half between sob.

 

      “You broke a plate in half…” Suga said slowly.

 

      “I guess I’m really nervous…”

 

      I then had to sit the rest of the night, listening to stories from Suga and Jimin’s childhood, and they talked as if I’d care that they got a bounce house for their fifth birthday. All the while, I was sporting a monster headache that seriously made me wish for a gun…so I could shoot myself, maybe Jimin to; that way I can at least make sure no one knew my secret.

 

      I’m an awful woman. A stupid woman, and now I was paranoid.

 

      Smiling through this guilt should have awarded me an Oscar, as I noticed that Jimin was slightly frigid and his eyes would purposely avoid mine, even when we were forced into making small chat.

 

      “I’m gonna go to the bathroom,” I stood up abruptly, and made a motion to walk, before stopping when I realized I had no idea where this bathroom was.

 

      “Do you know where the bathroom is?” Suga’s voice was slightly amused, and I glanced his way before slowly shaking my head. “Alright, I can-”

 

      “I’ll show her where it is,” Jimin spoke up in a rush, standing with a smile. Can’t you see I’m trying to get away from you? I need me time God damn it.  “I wanted to talk to your future wife anyway, get to know the girl whose taking away my brother.”

 

      If I didn’t know better, I would have almost believed those smooth lies.

 

      And if I didn’t know better, I would have almost believed his smile, sweet and innocent, as he put his palm flat against my back and steered me out.

 

      His hand was warm, and the flashbacks it brought were not appropriate. As if he read my mind, he dropped his arm the moment we turned a corner down the hall. Before I could process anything, he pulled me into a random room that looked to be one covered with cushioned walls.

 

      Your family has a studio in your house?

 

      I almost wanted to scoff at this privileged life, before wanting to throw up because this would soon be my life.

 

      “You're getting married,” Jimin said, and I could vaguely see absolute exasperation in his eyes. “To my brother…you’re marrying my brother?”

 

      “I think this lunch already established that,” I said in a joking tone, earning me a glare that made me rock back and forth on my feet. “Alright, that’s the tone we’re going for. Got it.”

 

      “How could you do this to me?” He sunk his face into his palm, causing me to narrow my eyes in return.

 

      “It takes two to-” I paused, deciding against my next words.

 

      “But it takes one to lie.”

 

      “I never lied. I told you the truth.”

 

      “You are getting married to my brother. That is something I would remember hearing!”

 

      Despite the fact the room was sound proof, paranoia got the better of me and I shushed him. “Listen, it- it just never came up.”

 

      “What kind of girl are you?”

 

      “What kind of brother doesn’t show a ing picture of his fiancé to his ing family!” I finally snapped, losing what little control over my temper that I had already. I seemed to lose my control around the little often this past month.

 

      “Okay!” Jimin shouted back, massaging his temples. “I get it. I do. It was a mistake.”

 

      Oddly enough, hearing his say that made my heart pang. I had been calling it a mistake all week, but hearing him say it out loud kind of stung. His eyes were far more gentle when he met mine again.

 

      “I know you didn’t choose to marry my brother, I know the agreement.” His voice was clear. “This,” he pointed to the both of them, “Never happened. Agreed. My relationship with Suga is strained enough.”

 

      “That’s fine with me,” I went to walk past him, expecting him to move away from the door, but he didn’t. He stayed put until I was directly in front of him. “Move.”

 

      “I think we should talk this out a bit more,” he said carefully.

 

      “No. Move,” I stated simply, and discreetly noticed the movement of his muscles from underneath his clothes. I immediately attempted to forget the gleam of his abs and the smirking face of last week.

 

      “Why are you blushing?” He asked, and I tried to shove past him, but found he was far strong and barely budged.

 

      “Move,” I kept the squeak out of my mind, but when his palm reached to my cheek my body froze from underneath him.

 

      “You’re as red a cherry,” he said, and I wasn’t certain if it was just my hearing or if his voice lowered and deepened.

 

      “I…” I tried to think of something smart to say, but all I could see were his lips. By instinct, I wet my own, and I barely noticed his hand trailing to my waist. I barely noticed my back against the wall.

 

      He pushed back so abruptly that the lack of warmth made me almost stutter. “I’m sorry!”

 

      “No, it’s fine. There’s really nothing to talk about,” I said, quieting my racing and stupid heart.

 

      “There is…but I think we should talk somewhere public….with people…LOTS of people,” he said and I silenced my desire to chuckle.

 

      “I suppose you’re going to have to learn to control your hands,” I joked, and he scowled back.

 

      “I wouldn’t have to if you weren't staring at me like that!”

 

      “Like what?” I snapped, taking a step forward.

 

      “Like you want to-” He paused and shook his head, placing his face into his palm. “It doesn’t matter.”

 

      “I think it does,” I replied, and he glanced through his fingers. “Look…you’re right. I'm immensely attracted to you, and I know you probably think I’m some sort of , sleeping with my fiancé’s brother and all but-”

 

      “I don’t…think you’re a ,” he muttered into his hand, and I barely noticed that his face was red.

 

      I pushed down the pounding in my heart and squeezed my eyes shut. “I have to get married…my parents need this marriage…”

 

      “I heard…”

 

      “Oh my god,” I muttered, putting my face in both my hands. “I must be a , because all I can think about is…”

 

      I stormed out of the room before I could finish my sentence, and the moment I got back into the room where Suga and his mother sat in, I realized that I actually did need to pee.

 

•8•

 

      God hates me. He really does, because the moment I got home and dropped my keys onto the table, I noticed the outline of Sung Yi’s face from my couch.

 

      “You’re in trouble,” she said simply, and I tilted my head to the side.

 

      “How did you get inside my apartment?” I asked, and I felt a bit of dread fill my stomach. I really didn’t need more trouble after the family reunion from hell. I did manage to let out an eye roll when she held up my spare key.

 

      “You had no idea who you were kissing, did you?” She asked, and I sighed, walking behind the couch and finding her tablet loose in her fingers. The screen showed twitter, and on the screen was a rather indiscreet picture of a couple kissing in a fountain.

 

      “You never go on Twitter,” I murmured, staring at the picture for a couple seconds before dread suctioned my lungs like a vacuum. “Is…is that?”

 

      “The one and only,” she stated, and I collapsed, finding my legs weak enough to hit the ground.

 

      “Yep.” Sung Yi’s voice was rather empty. “It’s all over the twitter pages when you search Park Jimin. Unfortunate luck that Suga never told you his brother was a kpop star.”

 

      “Stop talking for a minute,” I muttered out, feeling my head pound.

 

      “Yep. Unfortunate,” Sung Yi, tossed the tablet to the side. “Jimin has always been rather secretive. Never knew he even had a brother until just now.”

 

      “His mother…Suga…oh god,” I wanted to die. “They’re gonna see this. I’m gonna break up a family…oh god, Sung Yi, I’m Yoko.”

 

      “I don’t think Jimin’s music can be defined as the Beatles class, Sumi.”

 

      “My parents…” I pointed to my chest, my eyes wide. “They will kill me. I have screwed everything up. They will literally kill me…how will I save my family from the grave.”

 

      “I don’t know what to tell you, Sumi,” for once, Sung Yi’s voice wasn’t entirely devoid of emotion and she almost sounded sympathetic.

 

      “Tell me goodbye, because I think everyone will be out to kill me,” I muttered weakly, glancing down at one of the many comments below the picture that said ‘die , die’ in bold lettering.

 

      I could only press my face into my palm and wince every time my phone rang.

 

•8•

 

      “I don’t listen to music,” I muttered out, barely paying attention to Jimin, sinking in his chair with sunglasses cover his face with a beany that nearly covered the entire upper half of his face.

 

      “We literally met in a karaoke bar, Sumi,” Jimin muttered, and I shook my head.

 

      “I drank a lot that night,” I said in return, folding my hands into my lap and eternally grateful that the café was empty.

 

      “My mother threatened to disown me,” Jimin said, with a nonchalant sigh as he leaned back on his chair.

 

      “I haven’t answered my mother’s messages,” I admitted weakly.

 

      “Coward,” he muttered, rubbing his temples from under his sunglasses.

 

      “I think my parents are far more unforgiving than yours right now,” I retorted, almost bitter, but I didn’t have enough energy to put real force into my words.

 

      “Suga punched me in the face,” Jimin lifted up his sunglasses, sporting a small black eye.

 

      “Aw, he does care,” I said in a sarcastic tone that made Jimin frown, instantly making me feel guilty.

 

      “Listen, I’m not so sure what to do about this. Believe it or not, this is not my area of expertise,” Jimin leaned back. “I can’t even have one night with a beautiful woman without it turning into a public dispute and family crisis.”

 

      I decided not to focus on the butterflies that came about with him calling me beautiful. “I can always say I seduced you- that I’m the harlot who wanted to do a rock star.”

 

      He flashed a playful smile, a bit of his old humor slipping back into his face. “No offense, but I think I did the seducing. I can’t control this body. I can’t control these abs.”

 

      “Will you shut up about your abs,” I murmured, barely noticing his leg brushing up against mine. “This is messed up- I ruined your family and we’re sitting in a café flirting.”

 

      His eyes widened, his body growing tense as he moved his legs in a position to keep them from touching me. It was a split second move that slightly stung, but it was in a way a reminder to stop getting lost in the moment.

 

      “Don’t give me that look,” Jimin murmured, resting his lips into his palm, his elbow against the table. “My family was messed up before you and it will be messed up after you. Truth be told, we both know my father wants this marriage as much as your parents. Paying back their debts are little price to pay if your parents business gets signed away to my father.”

 

      “So you’re saying, the marriage is still going to happen- even if we all hate each other,” I took a sip of my mojito, twirling a strand of my black curls onto my pointer finger. “Lovely.”

 

      “Precisely,” Jimin muttered, and I didn’t have much of an idea where he was looking since his gaze was covered by the huge black lenses, but oddly enough his stare slightly burned through me. “…I don’t hate you, Sumi.”

 

      “I’m not usually a screw up. I’m the responsible one…this isn’t me.”

 

      “Maybe you need a little bit of screw ups,” Jimin’s voice was free of judgment, causing me to glance up through my lashes. I almost wanted to knock off his sunglasses so I can stare into his eyes once more, but I knew it wouldn’t happen and end well. “I’ve had my fair share. Read the tabloids one day.”

 

      “I don’t read reporter trash.”

 

      “You don’t listen to music either. You lead quite a boring life,” Jimin said with a slight smile that I could see from in between the crevices of his fingers.

 

      Despite being the of the joke, I found my lips forming into an uncontrollable smile. “I guess I do…up until that karaoke bar.”

 

      “I stumbled into your room, imagine how boring your life would be if I actually walked into the bathroom like I intended.”

 

      The mention of the bathroom brought my mind racing, and my face heated up so I did what was necessary. I tossed the remainder of my mojito into his face without thinking, and if I had thought about it, I am sure I would have concluded that what I did was stupid.

 

      “What the !” Jimin stood up, knocking off his sunglasses while I stood next, feeling my heart beat in my chest.

 

      “I’m sorry! You were just being too cute,” I muttered out, and he rolled his eyes, grabbing my hand and bowing to the cashier who watched from behind the register.

 

      “Sorry about the mess. I’ll go to the bathroom to clean up,” he said smoothly, dragging me to the bathroom before I could apologize as well.

 

      “Hey, this is the men’s bathroom,” I said, and he scowled over to me in return. “It’s cool, I can be a dude.”

 

      “You don’t think do you?” He muttered, as I sat on the counter of the sink, my dress running up my thighs. “If this place had customers, I’d be outted and my image would be all over the internet with my face covered in strawberry citrus,” he said in return, rubbing his face free of the moisture with paper towels.

 

      I focused on the room, looking away from the white shirt he was wearing, which was sticking to his chest. It was a single bathroom, and I didn’t even notice he had already locked the door until I glanced in that direction.

 

      I heard him sigh as he stripped off his beany and his button up white shirt, revealing a black wife beater underneath. His arms were bare, and my eyes ran up his form.

 

      “Stop that,” he muttered.

 

      “Stop what.”

 

      “Checking me out and then shutting me down the next minute,” he replied, and I sighed.

 

      “I shut you down because you’re obviously not that great. At least not as great as you think you are,” I replied, and slightly jumped when he took a step forward, having already put his damp clothes in his bag. Him leaning forward made my breath hitch as his hips pressed against my knees, hard with his thumb running against my bottom lip.

 

      I was at a loss of words, and vaguely felt that my chest was vacant of breath with my lower lip tingling and my eyes burning with the intensity of his gaze. “What do you really think of me? Hm?”

 

      “I…” I wasn’t usually one to be at a loss for words, but his touch made me forget how to breathe.

 

      “Good and bad,” his breath tickled my neck, and his thumb and fingers brushed against my jaw line. “Lay it on me, no lies or excuses.”

 

      “Arrogant…self-absorbed…immature…” I broke off, finding my fingers tremble. “Demanding…lazy…sweet…”

 

      “At least I’m sweet,” he gave a crooked smile, and he leaned forward. “But wouldn’t you like to know what I think of you?”

 

      “Not in the least,” but you’re going to tell me anyway.

 

      “Rash…” He whispered, his eyes growing almost heated as he ran his hands, soft as ever, up my bare thighs and beneath the lace of my dress.

 

      “W-wait,” I muttered, trying to snap out of my stupor as his lips ran up my jawbone to my ear.

 

      “Intoxicating,” he breathed out, his voice making me shudder against the counter as his fingers gripped at the fleshy part of my legs, pulling me closer to his form and my legs wrapped around his waist to stop from falling off the counter. “And look at that,” he gave a humorous smirk, but his fingers continued to trace patterns on my neck. “I think you want me more than you admit out loud.”

 

      “This is why I said you were self-absorbed,” I mumbled, even though I knew he was right. His smile didn’t fade.

 

      “Hey,” he smiled, slightly flexing his muscles. “See this muscle, this is fourteen hours a week.”

 

      I slightly grinned, running my fingers up his chest before flexing my arm, “See this? Wii sports resort.”

 

      He rolled my eyes, before leaning down and brushing his lips against mine. His lips were sweet, and I slightly leaned into his embrace. However, he broke away the moment his phone and my phone started ringing. I heard and felt his sigh from against my neck. “That would be mommy.” His mutter left me breathless- and not in a hot way as I quickly shoved him off of me and got my phone out of my bag.

 

      According to caller idea, oddly enough, Suga was calling me. It was weird because he had avoided my entire existence for weeks, which was awkward since we lived together.

 

      I glanced up at Jimin, who was staring at his ringing phone as if it were poison.

 

      I slowly unlocked my screen, and pressed the phone against my ear. I then hopped off the counter, and landed unsteadily to my feet. “Sumi speaking,” I murmured, my heart beating out of my chest as I watched Jimin answer his phone on the last ring. I rushed out of the bathroom before he could blow my cover with his voice.

 

      “Sumi,” Suga’s voice was crisp. “I figured we should talk after you made out with my brother.”

 

      His words made me wince, but I controlled the urge as I bowed to the cashier and left the café confines. I also didn’t correct him that we had done far more than make out since I wasn’t an idiot.

 

      “Listen, my mother is next to me and my parents are still very insistent that a wedding happens,” Suga didn’t sound like he wanted to be talking to me, and his voice only grew colder. “Also, your mother keeps sending me gifts. Tell her to stop.”

 

      “That would require actually answering her calls,” I mumbled, and I heard Suga scoff.

 

      “Just- make them stop,” Suga stated, and I heard the sound of him rattling through something. “I don’t know what she expect me to do with five dozen apology flowers.”

 

      “Sorry about that,” I murmured awkwardly.

 

      “Listen,” Suga’s voice lowered in a whisper, obviously hiding everything from his mother who sounded like she was screaming. I felt a sudden rush of pity for Jimin. “I am not actually mad at you. I’m humiliated that you chose my brother, and I am pissed that my mother keeps putting a blanket over my shoulders as if I were a vulnerable little .” He sighed, and I covered my smile. “But I’m not actually mad at you Sumi.”

 

      “Angry or not…what I did was reckless and stupid. You didn’t deserve it,” I forced down my pride.

 

      “Oh?” I could practically hear his amusement. “Is that empathy I hear? Oh . My mom is looking over. AND ANOTHER THING YOU TWO TIMING ! I will never forgive you!”

 

      “I know it’s an act, but that actually stung a little,” I replied.

 

      “Call you later baby,” he whispered, and hung up.

 

      “I heard two timing through the phone,” Jimin said from behind me, sunglasses back on his frame.

 

      “Yeah, that’s me,” I muttered out.

 

      “If it makes you feel better, my parents officially disowned me.”

 

      I dropped my phone in surprise, “That doesn’t make me feel better.”

 

      “Relax. They disown me every week,” he said with a boyish grin. “That’s what my Christmas is like anyway. I get a new toy car and a lump of coal.”

 

      I smiled despite my better judgment. “I’m sorry.”

 

      “Not your fault, but by the sound of my mother, you’re still gonna get married to Suga,” he said and I rubbed my temples, ignoring the bite in Jimin’s tone.

 

      “Yeah. The life of Lee Sumi,” I muttered out, without any conviction.

     

      “If you don’t want to, just say no,” Jimin said simply and I smiled, shaking my head.

 

      “I couldn’t do that to my parents,” I said simply.

 

      “I say no to my parents every day.”

 

      I smiled, once more ignoring my anxiety for his boyish charm. “And what were your Christmas’s like again?”

 

      He laughed, his hand catching mine. “I do things for me, Sumi. I think you could use a bit of my mindset.”

 

      I tried to ignore the fluttering in my chest when his fingers squeezed mine, leading me to his car. He opened the door and the moment I sat in the passenger seat, so close to the place where we had rolled around in tangles in the back seat, I placed my head into my palms.

 

      “See, now your mindset is what brought me into this mess,” I stated, glancing towards him the moment he sat in the drivers seat. The inside of his car was dim, due to the tinted windows, but his smile was bright when he folded his arms over the steering wheel, laying his cheek on his arms so he could look my way.

 

      The action was annoyingly cute, and his smile was slightly intoxicating.

 

      “There’s nothing wrong with doing things to make your life worthwhile,” he said, and I shook my head, leaning back in my seat.

 

      “It is when you hurt people in the process,” I mumbled.

 

      “People get hurt too easily in my opinion,” Jimin said simply. “I think this world could use a bit more thick skin.”

 

      “Jimin,” I murmured, glancing his way. “If you keep talking in that tone, I’ll-”

 

      His smile turned playful, and he slowly wet his lips in concentration as he leaned away from the steering wheel, placing his palm on my seat as he leaned close. “You’ll what?” He asked, and shook my head with a smile, ignoring the burn of my cheeks.

 

      “I think we should stop seeing each other,” I finally forced out, despite my rapidly beating heart.

 

      His face emptied of emotion until I was forced to look at a void. “We’ll all be one happy family then?” I tilted my head to the side, shaking it slightly before looking back towards him through my bangs.

 

      “That’s the plan,” I mumbled. “I’ll be with you next Christmas.” I slightly joked, humoring him with the future, but he didn’t so much as crack a smile.

 

      He leaned back into the seat with a sigh, “Yeah. This is a story to tell my future nephews, right? Everything feels wrong.”

 

      “I can’t face your parents with one foot in the door,” I forced out after a momentary silence. “I like you, Jimin, but I love my family more. I can’t be selfish and want you and my family to be happy…”

 

      “Why did I have to walk into that room?” He mumbled, and I slightly smiled. “Why did you have to be so cute…and strong…you drank an entire bottle and still had it in you to take off my clothes with your teeth.”

 

      My blush ignited on my face, and I quickly buried my face in my hands. “Shut up. Don’t bring that up.”

 

      His chuckle sent my pulse soaring in a way that made me almost ill. “It was hot…and honestly…” I glanced at him through the crevices in between my fingers, finding his face had grown gentle. “I can see myself really liking you if we spend anymore time together.”

 

      “I can’t-”

 

      He cut me off with a kiss, his body leaning forward and his hands capturing my face in between his palms. His lips pressed me back into the door so roughly that my head hit the window and the handle dug into my back. I could already feel a bruise begin to form, and yet none of it mattered because the collision of his kiss had taken over nearly every part of my brain.

 

      I broke off the kiss, pushing him gently, “we can’t…I’ll bite you.”

 

      “Oh, God,” he breathed, his eyes closing as a smile appeared on his lips. “Why does that sound so good?” His response made my cheeks ignite in color and his smile grew more playful as he trailed his fingers down my neck. “Red’s my favorite color you know.” His statement was an odd one, but it brought on a nostalgic reminder of the first night we met, with him helping a stranger stumble to being sober.

 

      “W-Why are you telling me this?”

 

      His lips moved up my jaw, stopping right next to my ear, causing me to visible shiver beneath him. “Because that’s the color of your face whenever you look at me.” His lips trailed down the crook of my neck as I leaned harder against the car door, my grip flew to the handle on the ceiling, and I was almost surprised that I hadn’t broken it with how tightly my fingers curled around it. “I know that you want to kiss me back…I can feel it. Why not indulge the impulse? I’m obviously completely willing and available.”

 

      “Fine…kiss me…try it again,” I finally mumbled out, and he pulled away so abruptly that I felt the cold chill of his body not being near mine.

 

      “No.” His face was empty of emotion once more, and my brows furrowed.

 

      “The hell do you mean ‘no’?” I retorted, and his smile took me by surprise.

 

      “You kiss me.”

 

      I had only realized he had given me an out, a chance to reconsider, a chance to break our ties, a chance in general, only after I fisted his shirt and pulled his lips to mine.

 

•8•

 

      “Yeah, I’m a . I heard you the first twenty times mom,” I commented, a chunk of my hair as Sung Yi sent me a slightly empathetic glance that might have been empathetic if she was actually capable of well empathy.

 

      I sighed, glancing up towards the ceiling at my mother’s scream. I probably only made her anger worse by ignoring the problem and her calls. Also I still had my silent hopes that maybe God would take sympathy and make her anger dissipate.

 

      “Obviously he’s got better things to do,” I muttered bitterly as I finally hung up the phone.

 

      Sung Yi glanced over, chewing on the end of a macaroon as I sighed and stared at my phone. Her hair was pulled into a beanie that made her face look like a heart. I didn’t comment on the fact that I was certain the beanie was mine, as she had taken a shine to it and never returned it. Anger towards Sung Yi was always a nice distraction of my problems.

 

      “Sung Yi…” I whined, kicking my feet up and down as she lounged on the couch next to me, eating all my macaroons and flipping through channels on the TV. “What am I gonna do?”

 

      “Date Park Jimin,” she said simply, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. “Lord knows I’d like to bite a piece of his muscled .” She winked my way, her lips curled up in a smile that made nostalgic reminders of a near Jimin run through my mind and cause my face to ignite.

 

      “You’re disgusting,” I muttered, hiding my face behind a pillow.

 

      “Maybe,” she agreed, flipping through the channels until she finally stopped with a loud, “Hah. I knew I’d find it.” And on the TV was Park Jimin, singing on stage with an expression that made me go weak at the knees.

 

      “Why are you doing this to me?” I whined, digging my head into the pillow.

 

      “I thought you knew,” she murmured with furrowed brows. “I hate Suga. I’m sorry. I’ll be more open about my feelings next time.”

 

      “Suga isn't a bad guy, but when Jimin touches me…it’s like the world get hotter and brighter and his smile…” I whined, and peaked at the screen over my pillow. “I just feel like no matter what choice I make, I’m going to hurt someone…”

 

      Sung Yi stared at me in a way that was so scrutinizing that I could feel my cheeks heat even more, “Tough. The truth is, Sumi, I’ve known you twelve years. You already know what you’re going to do. You’re just afraid to do it. So stop whining and get it over with already.”

 

      I groaned, “I know…”

 

•8•

 

      “I’m happy you came to your senses,” Park Hae Mi was in no way a forgiving woman, and I could tell from the way her eyes stared me down that I was in no way forgiven. “My good for nothing son has always had it out for this family.”

 

      I wanted to defend Jimin, but I figured saying anything would not be good for my future relationship with my “mother-in-law” so I stayed silent.

 

      “Listen,” she signaled me to stop bowing, and I followed her instruction as I slowly sat across from her on the couch. In front of me was a cup of tea that I was afraid to reach for because my hands were trembling. “I know that this marriage is one of convenience, but I had hoped you’d have sense to be faithful. And of all people, you chose Park Jimin.”

 

      I didn’t exactly go looking.

 

      “After the wedding, we will be a family and your late father’s business will be merged,” I didn’t like how Park Hae Mi referred to my father as if he were dead, but I chose not to comment.

 

      “This kind of mistake won’t happen again,” I said slowly, ignoring the fact that it happened again only a week ago…in that same freaking car.

 

      “I will hope you keep your word. An affair like this, Lee Sumi, would ruin him,” the way she spoke shot through my heart like a bullet that was wedged in too deep to remove. “Suga is still ecstatic about the wedding,” oh he is not, “so it’s all behind us.”

 

      How I wish that were true…

 

      “I see you’re getting along well with the she-devil,” Jimin’s voice broke me out of my thoughts and made me nearly swallow my heart whole. I bit my lip and stared down at my feet, my thigh highs and skirt suddenly felt like too little clothing. I had a strange urge to have worn an Eskimo jacket, as at least that way I could hide my face.

 

      “What do you think you’re doing here,” Park Hae Mi’s voice lowered to a husk, and the venom made me sink in the couch and barely sneak a glance towards Jimin’s calm stance as he crossed his arms over his chest. “I told you to never come back.”

 

      “Mother,” somehow Jimin managed to make the word sound mocking. “I thought it was rather clear I stopped listening to your advice. How about I take Sumi here on an official date and get her away from your diabolical, money grubbing clutches?” His smile and joking tone nearly broke my composure.

 

      “Oh god,” I muttered, sinking further into my seat.

 

      “How about that date, Sumi,” Jimin smile was sweet as he sat next to me, scooting closer until his shoulder rested against mine. It took all I had to repress that shiver at the judging stare of Hae Mi. She, who looked upon my form as if this new development was my entire fault; which it sadly was for not ever being clear to him and myself on what I wanted.

 

      “Well, this is certainly awkward. Thank you for that Park Jimin,” I stated, finally taking the handle of my tea and chugging it, barely noticing the burn of the water on my tongue.

 

      “Any time,” Jimin leaned back, and gave his mother a stare that practically screamed, ‘bite me’.

 

      “Well, isn’t this a nice family reunion?” Suga’s voice made me sink even further into the couch as it had started to feel like God had nothing better to do than to make me miserable today. “Hey wifu.”

 

      I raised my hand in a miserable wave. “God kill me.” I whispered, which only Jimin heard and he let out a quiet chuckle.

 

      “How about we come to a conclusion like adults,” Jimin stated. “I think it’s obvious that there’s a clear solution to this predicament. I’m sure you’re just dying to hear it, mother.” Hae Mi looked about ready to kill her own son. “How about, I marry Sumi instead. There. Everyone wins.”

 

      I certainly wasn’t expecting that, and from Suga and Hae Mi’s surprised expressions, neither were they.

 

      “Don’t joke around with me right now, Park Jimin,” Hae Mi’s voice deepened into a hiss and Jimin shrugged.

 

      “I rather like it.” Suga said with a shrug, giving me a sly wink. “I think I’ve made it clear that I don’t give two s about who I marry.”

 

      “Wait.” I stood up with a deep breath. “I feel like a the ball in monkey in the middle. I’m getting whiplash.”

 

      Jimin’s chuckle made me weak at the knees and I sat back down, a bit farther away from him.

 

      “Solution and sinker. As long as our families are merged, then your wealth is secured, and your father will be assured bail money,” the fact that he knew my father was in jail nearly made me want to cry, and he sent me an almost apologetic glance. “I think this discussion is over.”

 

      Hae Mi, for once, was rendered speechless, even as Jimin all but dragged me out of the house.

 

      I yanked my hand out of his the moment the door closed behind me, and he glanced at me with that same sweet smile that made me kiss him in the fountain. “What do you think you’re doing?”

 

      “Wooing you.” He said with a grin. “I’ve decided that I like you, and unlike you, I go after what I like.”

 

      I felt my heart flutter, “You’re signing away your life to me and we just met.”

 

      “Romeo and Juliette knew each other for like a day before getting married,” he waved off the inaccuracy. “I never finished the book. Shakespeare is quite dull, but you know, whatever.”

 

      I found the smile taking over my face before I could help it. “You’re so stupid. I’m a mess. You will be marrying into a mess. My father is still in jail for bribery and this marriage is all that will save his company. I don’t want to mess that up.”

 

      He shrugged, “I’m a romantic at heart and like I said,” he closed the distance, running his hand up my neck and over my jaw, tangling his fingers through my hair. “I like you, Sumi.”

 

      “You don’t even know me…”

 

      “Marriage isn’t exactly permanent. This isn’t a slave contract,” his eyes were flickering with warmth and it felt so strange to want him as badly as I did. The fluttering of my heart wouldn’t stop and I felt physically weak. “How about it? Or would you rather be with my brother?”

 

      I found myself smiling before I could help it. “You are really persistent.”

 

      “Consider it one of my charms,” his lips were curled into a smile as he dipped his head down, but I stopped him by taking a step back. “You’re not playing the game right. You were supposed to swoon and kiss me back. Maybe lift your leg up a tad like in those romantic movies.”

 

      I shook my head with a smile, “You are so full of bull.” He chuckled, running his hand through his hair.

 

      “It’s the bull you’re gonna marry into. Welcome to the family, Lee Sumi,” his voice was slightly cold, and I bit my lip and grabbed his hand. The feeling of his fingers around my palm felt so right that I nearly gave into the urge to kiss him, and right behind him, not far from the parking lot was that same car we’d kissed inside twice.

 

      “Mixed signals much?” His brow was raised and I felt my heart flutter in my chest again.

 

      “It’s because you’re so full of it, Park Jimin,” and before I knew it he was dragging me towards his car.

 

      “I’m starting to think this car is bad luck,” I stated as he opened the door to get in.

 

      “And here I was thinking of all the good memories it has given me,” he stated, leaning over the open door as I took a seat. His chin was propped on top of the doorframe and the sun hit his face just right that I found myself staring. “People stare at me all the time, but when you do it…it feels different.” I barely heard it, and before I could open my mouth he had already closed the car door and walked to open the driver side.

 

      I decided in those two seconds of solitude that I was certain, if given more time, that I could end up really liking him.

 

      “I'm gonna take you home, and you’re probably craving a drink,” he sent me a smirk as he placed the key in the ignition. “My mother does that to people. It was a very awkward childhood.” I gave him my address and leaned back into my seat.

 

      “What happened to make your relationship so strained?” I briefly wondered if I was prying, but Jimin didn’t seem to mind.

 

      “I dropped out of college and decided to shake my booty for a living,” he said with a dark chuckle that made me bite my lip.

 

      “Seems legit,” I said slowly in return.

 

      His lips curled into another smile, “I know I’ve caught you staring. It’s okay. I know I’m foxy. Again, these abs.”

 

      “I swear to God, Park Jimin, if you mention your abs one more time,” I muttered, turning towards the window where the world moved in a blur while I tried to hide my smile.

 

      “Well, you should be grateful, my dear fiancé.”

 

      The rest of the car ride was filled with amused banter and Jimin’s laughter. I found that he laughed quite a bit, which was strange since Sung Yi always said I wasn’t very funny.

 

      “This wasn’t much of a date,” I stated as he walked me to my door. Technically, it was Sung Yi’s door as I figured staying with Suga would be quite awkward after the lunch date from hell.

 

      “Oh?” His brow disappeared into his bangs and he took a step forward. “Well, technically you rejected the idea of going on a date with me, so you don’t get the full Park Jimin experience.”

 

      “Oh?” I took a step forward. “And what is the full Park Jimin experience? I hope it’s at least better than a karaoke night out in the town.”

 

      “Need I remind you that you took my pants off with your teeth,” he said simply, and I felt my face ignite until I was forced to cover it with my hands. I quickly took my keys out of my bag and unlocked the door, opening it and wanting nothing more than to get away from the embarrassing memory.

 

      “Now just a minute. I think I’m going to bed before you bring up more-”

 

      He didn’t wait that minute, because then his eyes flashed open and he said, “Embarrassed? I’m not,” pushing me against the door, slamming his forearms on either side of my head and kissing me more forcefully than I’d ever been kissed, so firmly that I could feel the imprint of his chest against mine as his mouth went scoring into the surface of my lip.

 

      He pressed his hard body against mine and I pressed back, grabbing handfuls of his t-shirt and fitting myself to him while his tongue the interior of my mouth. When he drew back a fraction, I protested with an embarrassingly inarticulate sound and he chuckled softly, but he was just removing my coat and towing me to the sofa. I only vaguely heard the sound of the door slamming shut behind him. Sitting, he dragged me astride his lap, cradling my head in one palm and crushing me closer with the other.

 

      I earnestly hoped God would show me mercy and give Sung Yi the sense to not leave her room. Or better yet, for her not to be home at all.

 

 


Author's Note

:Ahem. That was steamy. My oh my. I'm like, blushing cause I've never wrote so many kiss scenes at once. Happy birthday Kayla~ I hope you appreciate the fact that I went out of my comfort zone and now I have a weird liking for Jimin that I never had until you requested this story.:

Ah. Anyways.

Thanks for everyone who finished this. It was twenty eight pages in word and it's been, frankly, a long time coming since I've never written a BTS fanfiction until this one.

I hope everyone was in character because I don't actually know that much about BTS.