Awkward Jongin strikes again

Stupid

2.1k

 

Chemistry. Kyungsoo's favorite class, or rather because the person he likes sits two seats ahead. Although Kyungsoo shared other classes with Jongin, Chemistry was the only class that Kyungsoo actually enjoyed, and it might or might not had to do with getting paired up with a certain tan male. The only boy in the university that seemed to take his breath away. They were doing some lab that Professor Lee suggested they do right after class started. Something about mixing chemicals or something along those lines.
 

Professor Lee had separated the class into six groups. Kyungsoo couldn't believe it. Jongin was in his group, along with Sehun, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol. It was usually the five of them that always got paired up even if most of the time Oh Sehun ended up making a mess, Baekhyun ended up screaming, Chanyeol laughed at their stupid antics, Jongin stared at an oblivious Kyungsoo, and Kyungsoo worked quietly, only speaking when called on. The class had just begun their assignment, speaking to their group members and raising their hands to ask for some help. Kyungsoo looked up when he felt eyes on him and found dark, piercing eyes looking straight at him. A small gasp left his lips and he quickly looked down to his half-completed assignment. Kyungsoo failed to notice the small smirk on Jongin's lips.
 

"You're doing it wrong, Sehun!" Baekhyun shouted at the younger male. "Wait! You can't mix those together!"
 

Sehun rolled his eyes as he slapped away Baekhyun's hands. "Shut up. I know what I'm doing." The blond haired male poured in pink liquid to mix in with the blue one.
 

Again.

Oh Sehun didn't know what he was doing.

Five pairs of eyes looked at the beaker. At first, nothing happened, only the color changed to purple. Sehun smirks. "See? I told you--" he was cut off when it began to bubble and shoot out, spilling all over their table and work.
 

Chanyeol laughed as he watched his friends run from their table.
 

"I thought you knew what you were doing?" Jongin questioned Sehun while he watched Kyungsoo trying to save what was left of his work.
 

"Shut up, lover boy." Sehun glared at the tan male.
 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and spoke for the first time since they started. "Baek, why do you always let Sehun mix things when you know damn well he doesn't know ?"
 

Baekhyun's cheeks set aflame and he stuttered out an answer. "Um... Uh, well, because..."
 

"He's got a crush on noodle boy, Kyungsoo! Just like Jongin has a crush on y--"
 

Jongin rushed up to Chanyeol and slapped his hand over the giraffe boy's lips. "A crush on your bag! Yup. That's a nice bag you have there, Kyungsoo-hyung."
 

Kyungsoo blinked several times. "Um, thanks?"
 

Professor Lee stood by his desk watching how everything went down. His hand came up to his forehead and he sighed loudly. "Mr. Kim, that was the most embarrassing thing I've ever had to witness. Please sit down so you don't embarrass yourself anymore." The entire class began to whisper among themselves while others laughed. Jongin quickly sat down and covered his head with his arms.
 

Mr. Lee then walked around his desk where he sat on his leather chair and turned to face the class. "Now, can someone please go to the janitors closet and get a mop?"
 

At first, no one volunteered and so the professor waited patiently.
 

Kyungsoo fidgeted where he stood beside his wet desk, his mind replaying the scenario that just happened. But he was also feeling a bit embarrassed for Jongin, although it was cute. He had never seen the younger male act like that. Jongin had always been the 'hey, let me stare at you from across the room' type not the other way around. Honestly, it made Kyungsoo's heart skip a beat. Unbeknownst to Kyungsoo, the whole class including Jongin and Professor Lee had been watching the raven-haired male giggling to himself.
 

Professor Lee cleared his throat and gained everyone's attention, including Kyungsoo's. "Mr. Doh if you're done daydreaming, why don't you go get the mop?"
 

Kyungsoo's cheeks burned a bright red as he nodded his head and scurried out of the room.
 

Chanyeol breathed in and exhaled loudly, "Ah, I smell love in the air."
 

A male student from the front groaned, "Oh boy, someone shut him up."
 

"Hey, you can't tell him what to do!"
 

The student, Jongdae, rolled his eyes. "Shut it, Baekhyun."
 

The professor exhaled through his nose. "How about you all shut up and get back to work? Chanyeol why don't you and Baekhyun go get some paper towels?" He leaned back in his chair, ruffling his hair while thinking what he did to deserve this.
 

- - - -
 

It had been twenty minutes since Kyungsoo left class to get the mop. Everyone was halfway done, but group four was still waiting for the boy to come back. Jongin had managed to get over what happened earlier and was now working quietly on his worksheet, answering the easy questions first and saving the harder one for last. He tapped his foot underneath the wooden table while tapping the end of his pencil against the desk. Jongin wondered as to what was taking Kyungsoo so long. Soon he tired of waiting and raised his hand.
 

"Yes, Mr. Kim?"
 

Jongin bit his lip. "May I go check on Kyungsoo-hyung? It's been twenty minutes..."
 

The professor allowed him to leave and as he was making his way out of class, Jongin faintly heard Chanyeol shout, "Go Prince Jongin, your princess awaits!"
 

- - - -
 

The door was slightly ajar when Jongin reached it. He was about to pull the handle when he heard a groan followed by a huff and the sound of something hitting the floor. Jongin carefully opened the door as to not scare the male inside. "Hyung?" He called into the darkness.
 

The sound of a bucket falling and a mop hitting the glossy floor with a loud slap made Jongin jump. Kyungsoo quickly turned around, wide eyes darting around until they landed on the tall male. He squinted as his eyes adjusted to the dark and soon enough he gasped, tripping over the mess he created. Before he hits the floor, Kyungsoo felt strong arms catching him. Kyungsoo squeaked as he threw his arms out to hold onto Jongin. "Careful, hyung," Jongin's voice was low, and it sent chills down Kyungsoo's spine.
 

If Jongin noticed, he didn't comment on it.
 

Kyungsoo stared up at his crush, watching how Jongin's lips moved yet he couldn't seem to hear a word he was saying. His eyes trailed down to the taller's lips and Kyungsoo imagined what those plump lips must feel like. Kyungsoo came back to his senses when Jongin's lips curled into a smirk and he began to laugh. The shorter male tilted his head to the side while furrowing his eyebrows.
 

"What's so funny?" He asked, confusion swirling in his eyes.
 

Jongin's smirk grew wider until it turned into a full smile, teeth and all. "Have you ever noticed that you think out loud? It's cute." Jongin had fun watching Kyungsoo's face turn three different shades of red and how he attempted to make some sort of excuse. Kyungsoo was cute, really cute.
 

Kyungsoo sighed in defeat. He knew he couldn't win against Jongin and his crush was probably laughing at how stupid he sounded. 
 

Jongin's smile faded slightly. "Hyung, you're doing it again."
 

Kyungsoo blinked owlishly. "Huh?"
 

"You're saying your thoughts out loud." He took Kyungsoo's hand in his and cupped the male's cheek. "I wasn't laughing at you for thinking about how my lips might feel." Kyungsoo pouted cutely. "I was laughing because I've been thinking the same thing about yours." Jongin then leaned in and captured Kyungsoo's lips with his own. They kissed slowly at first until Kyungsoo broke away for air. He blushed and smiled. "That was better than I expected."
 

Jongin hummed as he leaned in for a second kiss. Kyungsoo responded eagerly this time and threaded his fingers through Jongin's hair, bringing him closer. Jongin placed his hand on the smaller male's lower back and wedged his right knee in between Kyungsoo's legs. The boy lets out a breathy moan as he began to slowly grind his lower half on Jongin's knee, pale hands gripping onto the younger's shirt. Jongin then took hold of Kyungsoo's left leg and brought it up to his waist where he brought their lower halves together. Jongin groaned when the older boy disconnected their lips and began to plant hot kisses on Jongin's neck.
 

"Not so shy now, huh, hyung?" Jongin asked as he pressed the shorter boy against the wall and connected their lips together in a heated kiss. He used his teeth to nip and bite lightly at Kyungsoo's lips while the boy released whispy moans. Kyungsoo thought he heard footsteps but soon those thoughts left as Jongin distracted him with several kisses and soft touches.
 

"Of course, this would happen. Oh Sehun you, idiot, you owe me fifty dollars."
 

Jongin and Kyungsoo broke apart in a flash, out of breath and with their cheeks flushed. "Um," Kyungsoo said, but soon enough hid behind Jongin.
 

"Are you guys dating now or what? Because it's really awkward watching you two idiots stare at each other in class and not do a damn thing about it," Sehun said as he rolled his eyes. "Come on, Jongin. Man up and ask Kyungsoo out already. Quit being a little girl about it."
 

Kyungsoo blushed madly and stepped to the side to look up at Jongin. "I thought you liked my bag?" He asked teasingly.
 

"What noodle boy here means is, well, he means what he means."
 

Jongin looked at the three males and smiled warmly at Kyungsoo. He shyly took Kyungsoo's hand in his and lead him back to class. "You guys can bring the mop and bucket."
 

"Are you kidding me right now? Do we look like slaves to you?"
 

Jongin ignored them.
 

"Hey!"
 

"Let it go, Sehun. Just let it go."
 

- - - -
 

Classes had just ended for the week and now students rushed out of class with their bags alongside their friends as they talked about the upcoming weekend. Kyungsoo took his time putting his school supplies in his bag. He was always the last one to depart from his class, maybe it was because of the silence that filled the room after everyone had gone, or maybe because it was less hectic. He exhaled slowly and slung his bag over his shoulders and exited the classroom. Kyungsoo wasn't really expecting to find Jongin leaning against the wall with his hands in his pockets. Upon noticing the older boy, Jongin straightened his posture and walked up to Kyungsoo.
 

"Hey, hyung. Listen, um," Jongin rubbed the back of his nape in a nervous gesture. "I hope it doesn't get awkward between us because we kissed, although I really enjoyed it."
 

Kyungsoo gave Jongin a shy smile. "I really enjoyed it too," he mumbled shyly.
 

Jongin stepped even closer. "Can I walk you home?"
 

"I would like that a lot."
 

This was when Jongin was the cutest. This was where he was the most precious human being to ever exist. It might be too early, but this was the man Kyungsoo saw himself spending all his days with. Kim Jongin, the boy that stole Kyungsoo's, heart.
 

"You're doing it again, hyung, but you know what?" Jongin brushed his lips against Kyungsoo's.
 

Kyungsoo hummed softly.
 

Jongin intertwined their fingers together and brought the boy closer to his chest where he pressed a tender kiss on the male's cheek.


Kyungsoo's face flushed bright red.


Jongin then leaned in to whisper in Kyungsoo's ear, "I also see myself spending all my days with you."