Final

Love's Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yoo Kihyun” Her lips slip out the name for the nth time. She smiled a little, only to feel her heart breaking.

She finally finished her school duties as the vice president, organizing the last stack of papers to its file. She was supposed to do this with the president, the oh-so-well-known, Yoo Kihyun. But apparently, other things were more important than her.

“Hey, listen” Kihyun’s voice interrupted her reading few minutes ago, but she didn’t mind. Her head looked up, to see Kihyun in a panic state.

“What’s wrong?” She grew concern over him as she quickly stood up.

“My girlfriend needs my help with something so I have to go early, okay?”

Girlfriend.

She lost count how many times Kihyun would mention about his girlfriend in their conversations, especially when they only had few of them.

But she couldn’t help but to nod, she was still no one to him, she didn’t need his help and he wasn’t going to help her either anyway.

“Thanks a lot” He gave one last charming smile that she always adored before he disappeared from her sight.

 

“Tough day, huh?”

“Isn’t everyday a tough day?” She replied back, turning her head to the right. Hyungwon patted her head softly. “Yoo Kihyun still being dense?”

“As always”

“Maybe tomorrow”

“Maybe not” She spoke quietly before halting. “Why didn’t you become the president so I would see you instead of him?”

Hyungwon smiled, shoving his hands into his pocket. “Because if I did, you wouldn’t know what love is”

“I don’t love him –”

“Your actions look like you love him” Hyungwon stated, staring deeply into her eyes. “Remember, action speaks louder than words”

You suddenly chuckled hearing his sentence. “You’re getting too deep, Chae Hyungwon, is it because of that girl you have been looking at?

“W-What girl?’’ Hyungwon stuttered, avoiding her eye contact.

“Don’t lie, I heard it from –”

“From?”

“Nothing” She quickly dropped the conversation, she had enough of him in her mind just now. Hyungwon looked at her, finally figured out who it was.

“Was it Kihyun?” He smirked.

“Let’s not go there again”

“If you say so” Hyungwon’s smirk was still on his face, she could easily sense it. “You know, you could always start the conversation with him”

She halted as she stared at him like he said something dumb. “Please tell me when did I ever start a conversation with a guy?”

“Excuse me, am I not a guy?”

“You’re Chae Hyungwon, the one I grew up with, the one who likes me too much” She grinned, ruffling his hair.

She heard him hissed at her action as he grabbed her arm quickly. “I hate when you do that and please you’re not even answering my question”

He let go of her hand and crossed his arms. “Try it for once”

“If I do, it still won’t change anything, Hyungwon” Her voice hinted she was upset. She knew Kihyun would never change his mind. He had already the perfect girl for him, so why would he even want to see her?

“Maybe it will change” Hyungwon spoke softly, his hand was on her shoulder. “You just haven’t tried it yet”

 

His hands reached out the stack of papers from her table quietly, trying to not disturb her. But the loud drop of her other book made her turned to look at him.

She wanted to say something to him, just anything, but her voice didn’t want to.

Kihyun gave an embarrassed smile and picked up the book. “Sorry”

Her head shook a bit, a sign meaning it was okay.

“You sure do read a lot”

“Yeah”

“My girlfriend reads a lot too, you guys would be good friends if you get to know her” He stated, smiling happily.

But she wasn’t happy; he was killing her heart slowly.

“Maybe” Her voice turned ice cold, as her eyes focused back to her book.

Kihyun’s smile fell, uncomfortable seeing the new side of her.

“Are you okay?”

She sighed deeply and closed her book before she faced him again. “Not really”

Kihyun halted himself, he didn’t prepare what to say to her especially when her usual answers were ‘I’m fine’ ‘I’m alright’

“D-Do you want to talk about it?”

“Do I?” She stared at him, the longer she look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter