16.05.2016 - 16.05.2009 | Realization |

To love you once more

‘’You look so beautiful!’’ ‘’Like a princess’’ ‘’Ahh I envy you so much Y/N’’ .

The room was filled with sweet complements from your family and friends as you were getting ready for your biggest day. Standing in front of the huge mirror you scanned yourself from top to the bottom, admiring; long, white-shining beautiful piece that was covering your perfect body. You smiled at yourself happily and felt a bunch of butterflies flying around in your stomach making you even more nervous. Taking deep breath, you looked back at your bridesmaids that were grinning from your happiness. 

‘’Are you okay? You look so pale’’ Your best friend jumped next to you, worried, she held your arm and smiled warmly. She was there for you from high school. Always making you smile and laugh no matter how bad you felt. Knew everything about your life and could spot a small difference in your voice when something was up. 

‘’I’m just a little nervous’’ You gave her enchanting smile and gulped loudly. All your stress was stuck in your throat as you nervously played with your fingers. 

‘’He will come’’ She whispered to your ear, her warm breath tickled your earlobe. Bringing your gaze at her, you widened your beautiful eyes. Titling your head you gave her a sign that you weren’t so sure what she was talking about. 

‘’Taehyung, he will come’’ Smiling, she patted your arm giving you a pinch of hope. You smiled trying to hide your worries deep in your heart and focus on what is about to happen. 


Taehyung and you have been friend’s since ever. Maybe your relations haven’t started from best, but your acquaintance developed into something more very quickly. He was your best best friend that brought a light to your life. Taehyung was always there for you, in happiness and sorrow. He was the first one to know everything that was happening around you, maybe because he was part of everything in your life? He was the first one to know about your first kiss, first date, first job. Everything. But unfortunately, the last one to know about your wedding. 

The day both of you separated was still haunting you in your worst nightmares. Remembering everything always brought a squeeze in your heart and tears in your eyes. It was in 2010, when he announced he got into BIGHIT as a trainee. A happiness took over his body as he shared the happy news with you. Both of you were partying until midnight celebrating his huge step. Taehyung always wanted to become a singer. Make his fans faint and smile. He was a wonderful human being and you missed him so much. After he left, there was no one to stand by your side, no one to make you laugh, no one to hug you when you were sad, no one to watch stupid movies and then make fun of them, no one to make you happy. What was the worst after he left was that it was then when you realized how much he meant to you and how much you loved him, but not as a friend but as someone way more. 


Throwback!

‘’Taehyung-ah mail to you’’ Namjoon shouted from the front door, flipping through the mail from the day. Happy boy ran to the hallway to meet his hyung midway. 

‘’Easy’’ Giggling left Namjoon’s lips as he saw the happiness flowing from Taehyung’s eyes. 

‘’Are you waiting for something?’’ Curiosity took over Namjoon’s brain when Taehyung rapidly took his mail, to his hands. 

‘’Letter from my cousin, from military’’ Taehyung gasped from running and checked the letters. One, cream color envelope with sketched rose caught his eyes. He took closer look at the beautiful paper and opened it without thinking. Seeing a beautiful wedding card, he thought of anyone who was about to get married but no one came to his mind. 

‘’Wedding invitation?’’ Namjoon spoke up bringing Tae’s stare back at him. He opened the card and froze. Your name was beautifully written in a royal font, making everything look very professional. In one second all of the memories from all those happy years flashed into his head as he scanned the paper. 

‘’Who’s that?’’ The leader lightly pushed Taehyung to wake him up from his daydreaming. Seeing his hyung waiting for the answer he took his gaze off him and gulped loudly. 

‘’Y/N. Y/N my friend is getting married next week’’ Taehyung quietly said, hiding the surprise in his voice. Or maybe it was sorrow and pain?

‘’Are you gonna go?’’ The question hit his ears but he didn’t know the answer. You haven’t seen each other for few years and the news of you getting married washed him away. He wanted to go, he wanted to see you and congratulate you yet he wasn’t sure if his heart will handle the pain of seeing you in a wedding dress, happy. Especially that he is not the one that will hold your hands, and put on you a wedding ring in the altar and he is not the reason of your happiness. Well, not anymore. 

End of throwback!

‘’Y/N are you ready? Everyone is waiting.’’ Your mother informed everyone making you even more nervous. It seemed like there is a war, in your entire body. The blood in your veins was boiling, butterflies in your stomach started to fly even more crazily, your body was trembling and you felt like you will puke everything you had for breakfast. Your bridesmaids held the hem of your long and beautiful dress as you began to walk towards the door. Suddenly and unexpectedly, a tall figure, dressed in a fancy black suit with white shirt and black tie appeared in front of you and your friends. His hair were covering his forehead, his beautiful, dark, deep and mysterious eyes were staring deeply into yours. Immediately all your worries have been washed away, like someone calmed down your whole body. Taehyung is here, he came - your brain screamed in happiness and you smiled from cheerfulness at your long awaited guest. 

‘’Y/N we will wait for you outside’’ Your bestie nodded at you and hurried everyone out without explanation.

‘’Wow’’ Only left his mouth as the door shut and left both of you alone, you giggled at his reaction and felt like your face got a pinkish color back. Blushing furiously, you looked at your best friend standing in front of you. 

‘’You came, Kim Taehyung’’ You finally said, he came closer and hugged you tight, carefully not to mess anything. Hugging him back you felt your heart beat rising from joy. 

‘’I missed you so I came, you look very beautiful’’ He pulled away and looked at you smiling. Taehyung was good at acting, he could hide his true feelings deep down until it killed him. You smiled at him, happiness blocked your mouth as the amount of things you wanted to tell him, tell him about your life, everything was huge. 

‘’Aigo little Y/N is finally getting married Congrats’’ He joked around and cheered up as the situation in the room got a bit awkward. 

‘’Aish, I’m not little anymore’’ You playfully pushed him away. 

‘’I’m happy that you came but I’m so mad that throughout those years you didn’t even called’’ You gave him dirty look but smiled right after. You missed him. At your words he could only do one thing. Coming closer to you one more time, he hugged you and inhaled the sweet scent of your perfume. 

‘’I’m happy for you, I’m sorry’’ He whispered and wanted to say way more, but someone aggressively came into the room, making both of your jump away from each other. The sudden lack of his warm touch grew a goosebumps around your entire body.

Y/N you should really be going’’ Your mother disturbed both of you but she was right. You were already late and everyone was waiting for only you.

‘’Let’s go’’ You smiled excited at Taehyung and pulled him towards the door. It looked like you were more excited about the presence of Taehyung than about your own wedding. 

___

‘’We gather here to unite these two people in marriage. Their decision 
to marry has not been entered into lightly and today they publicly 
declare their private devotion to each other.’’ 
The priest began his speech, looking at everyone behind you and your soon to be husband. Everyone stayed so quiet as the priest spoke about how beautiful marriage is. You stood in front of your fiance and looked him in the eyes. Finding happiness and your future together. You didn’t payed attention to the speech or to anything that was happening around you instead, you were looking into his eyes, drifting apart in your imagination. Few years ago you swore to yourself that the person you will marry will be no one else but Taehyung however the reality came to be different, and instead of standing in front of you he was in the crowd, watching you getting into new life. 

After both of you repeated ‘’We do’’ quietly, for couple of times, the priest continued into the most important and decisive moment. 

‘’May these rings be blessed as a symbol of your union. As often as 
either of you look upon these rings, may you not only be reminded of 
this moment, but also of the vows you have made and the strength of 
your commitment to each other.’’ 
You breathed loudly, feeling strange and unknown feeling in your tummy, for sure it was not nervousness. More like something was telling you what you should do. 

‘’Ravie, please repeat after me..’’ The priest looked at your fiance and brought the microphone in front of his face so everyone could hear his vows. He looked with teary eyes, at you, his future wife, the person he loved. Seeing him so happy made your heart flutter as you smiled and nodded at him in order to calm him down. You knew you were doing the right thing. Because you loved him. Right? 

‘’I Ravie, promise to love and support you Y/N and live each day 
with kindness, understanding, truth, humor, and passion. With this 
ring I thee wed.’’ 
He took your soft hand into his and repeated, gently and slowly so everyone could understand, making you shed a little tear. You looked at his precised moves as he placed the wedding ring on your finger. You gulped loudly knowing it is your turn to make a huge step deciding on your future life. 

‘’Y/N, please repeat after me…’’ The priest said one more time, turning his gaze at you and bringing the microphone close to you. 

‘’I - I - I’’ You blocked yourself from saying. Everyone got nervous and surprised. You looked, once again into his eyes. He looked scared, like a little puppy. In one quick move you turned your eyes in one specific direction. Near the door, tall person that once in your life gave you more happiness than anyone could ever. Taehyung was standing there, restless as you made eye contact with him. Bunch of unfamiliar feelings rushed through your veins. Your gaze paused at him, you begged for an answer if you are doing right or not. He nodded. Slightly, giving you an answer that you are doing okay. That you chose right path. That you will be happy. Turning your gaze back at your fiance, you could see the fast beating heart in his eyes. He was pale and looked like he was about to faint. You threw a warm, enchanting smile and instantaneously he lighted up. 

‘’ I Y/N, promise to love and support you Ravie and live each day 
with kindness, understanding, truth, humor, and passion. With this 
ring I thee wed. ‘’ 
You said slowly, with passion and love in your voice while placing a wedding ring on his finger making everyone sigh in relief. Everyone except one person. 

Taehyung’s POV.

She looked so beautiful in that dress, like a princess. Hah! She always wanted to be a princess. I remember when we were 6 years old, her dream was to marry a prince on a white horse. I came to her wedding to congratulate her and her husband. Instead, I was fighting with my feelings that never left me but were hiding deep inside me. While watching her happily smiling at him I could feel a sharp pain in my chest. Like I was losing the part of me and I was. And it was my fault. He said his vows and she accepted it. I could only smile like the rest of the people gathered in this small chapel. But then she looked at me with confused eyes. I knew that stare. She always looked at me like that when she was struggling with something, with decision, with her next step. While staring into her eyes from the other side of the place I felt very uneasy but I nodded letting her know that she is doing right, it was right for her and she knew it herself. I couldn’t destroy everything because of my stupid feelings that I never show. I couldn’t act so selfish. 

I listened to her vows carefully. Her voice was beautiful, the same as few years ago when we couldn’t go a day without talking or seeing to each other. ‘’Promise to love and support you’’ She said and I felt a burning pain in my eyes this time, knowing they are going redder and redder. I looked down so no one would notice. It fell, first, second, third tear fell. Drying it out I couldn’t look at her happiness. I couldn’t because I wasn’t the reason. I’m a selfish bastard that lost a chance and not allowing someone else to take it. I took a loud breath and I ran away like a scared cat. I had to, and I did. I went out allowing the oxygen to finally enter my lungs. I was suffocating there.

End of Pov! 

‘’Go now in peace and live in love, sharing the most precious gifts you have- 
the gifts of your lives united.’’ 
The priest finished, making everyone cry in happiness. You grinned at your now husband and some unknown force turned your head to Taehyung’s spot. Your face went dull, sad and worried. He was not there. The chair stood empty without him. Your heart sank, he left without his goodbye. 

Taehyung was wandering around like a lost puppy, without place to go. He bumped into few people that nearly started a fight but he didn’t care. All he had in front of his eyes, was you and your husband, happily promising each other eternal love. He didn’t even notice a stream of tears rolling down his cheeks. Now, he realized how important you were to him, now when he lost you he realized how much he loved you and always needed you. 

‘’Inferno’’ club caught his eyes while he was walking through dark streets. Entering the hall, a loud remixed music hit his ears, deafening all his thoughts. He sat in front of the bar and ordered one then second and third drink. Washing all his pain and struggles with alcohol, numbing his heart and brain. Taehyung lifted his hand and sobbed. On his wrist, there was the only thing that was left after your sweet friendship. A bracelet with half-heart and word - best - he wondered so much, if you still had it, a piece of a broken heart with a word - friend - on it. He stared deeply at the part of the heart that resembled his own. It was his part of the heart, and you - were the other, very important side of the beating muscle. He cried for hours, in sadness after losing you, maybe not as a best-fiend, but as a lover and as someone who made him the happiest. Make his heart flutter. Taehyung placed his palm on his forehead and leaned on his hand. His body was trembling as he was choking from his own tears. One tear after another kept on falling on the piece of a metallic heart on his bracelet he never dared to take off. His head was becoming heavier and more dizzy. Little sparkles fell of the magical silver every time a salty drop, full of feelings of sorrow touched it. 

‘’I love you, I’m sorry’’ Taehyung whispered to himself and fell asleep, surprisingly quickly, in the club where the walls were bursting at the seams. For him it was quiet, all he could hear was your laugh from few years ago and see your warm smile. His head fell on the table and drifted to the unknown and wonderful world called dream.

___

‘’Taehyung! Taehyung where are you’’ A familiar voice went through his ears like an echo, waking him up. He opened his eyes slowly at the bright light of sun that was coming through the huge windows. Lifted his head up he looked around, the blinding light caused him to see black dots in front of himself. Taehyung blinked few times and frowned. His world stopped spinning around and he froze. White walls were surrounding him, in the room nothing but desks and chairs, blackboard in front of him and a clock above it showing exactly 3 PM. His heart started to beat fast and his breaths became uneven when he realized where he was - His High school, home class. Everything was so clear and so real definitely too bright for it to be dream. He looked at himself, wearing a school uniform that he threw away long time ago. 

‘’What the hell’’ He panted as the whole situation took his breath away. 

‘’Where am I?’’ He asked himself and stood up, making his way towards the door. He came out and felt like his inside died and froze. Nervously he turned himself around, trying to get the answer to his question and he did. Getting closer to the notice board he saw it 16th of may 2009. His eyes widened as he parted his lips in surprise. He realized now, he went back to the time he had you, to use the chances, his life gave him. 


You can’t change what’s done, you can’t go back in time, you can’t try to change the hurt feelings or mend the broken hearts. All you can do is learn from your mistakes, and hope you will never regret anything as much as you do now. But what if your life gives you another chance? To go back to the days you have messed everything up? And change the future?