Brighter Than The Sun

Brighter Than The Sun

"Hyukjae..."

 

"Yah, Hyukjae, wake up." The whispers were enough to cause Eunhyuk to be pulled out of his sweet and well- deserved sleep. Why must Donghae wake him at such an ungodly hour?

 

"Donghae, you pabo, it’s 3 am, what do you want?" He whispered harshly, slowly peeling his eyes open to see his best friend kneeling next to his bed, an adorable pout gracing his disheveled yet still handsome features.

 

"I can't sleep." Donghae declared, loudly plopping down on Eunhyuks bed.

 

"Shhhh, you'll wake Sungmin-hyung." Eunhyuk, hurriedly sat up, glancing at his roommate who seemed quite unbothered by the commotion Donghae was causing.

 

Eunhyuk turned back to face to Donghae.

 

"What do you want me to do about it?" His annoyed tone had no effect whatsoever on the latter.

 

"Well...the weather's nice and the roof seems to be empty...so..." He trailed off, his eyes lighting up in excitement. Eunhyuk groaned, falling back onto his pillow,ready to welcome sleep once again.

 

"Go back to sleep, we have to get up early tomorrow for that radio show. I don't want to drag you to the car with Siwon hyung like last time." Eunhyuk cringed inwardly at the unpleasant memory of having to climb down 4 sets of stair cases with Donghae on his back.

 

"Please, Hyukkie. Just this once, then I won't bother you ever again."

 

Eunhyuk turned to look at Donghaes bright, eager eyes and that precious pout. How, oh how, could he possibly resist that? He found himself nodding in defeat and mentally cursed himself for giving in so easily.

 

Donghaes grip on Eunhyuks wrist was so tight, any thoughts of fleeing instantly escpaed his mind.

The cool breeze that hit Eunhyuk as soon as he stepped onto the roof of the dorms, was enough to make him turn to give Donghae a grin. Which, he returned, just as thrilled.

 

Donghae ran ahead, with Eunhyuk following close behind. They both reached the railing and leaned heavily against it, their gazes fixed on the stars illuminating the night sky.

 

They both sighed in unison then turned to grin at each other.

 

Though he’d never admit it to Donghae, Eunhyuk lived for these forbidden moments. These moments when no one, not fans, not paparazzi, not even fellow members could see them. These moments, when he was happiest, no care in the world. These moments, when he could see the true Donghae. Yes, Donghae was a ball of sunshine, positivity and energy, but up there, on the roof, if was as though, a wall had been built. A wall that separated them from their lives as idols and their lives as normal, typical 29 year olds. A wall that allowed Eunhyuk to see Donghae as a man who maybe wasn’t so perfect, or happy. It made his heart flutter at the thought that Donghae had picked him, Eunhyuk, to share this with. To share himself with.

 

With a start, Eunhyuk realized he had been staring at Donghae. He looked away quickly, glancing back again to see if he’d noticed. To his relief, Donghaes eyes had been fixed intently on the sky. Eunhyuk followed his gaze to see the sky, slowly changing color, from dark blue to a pretty sapphire hue.

 

Something brushed against Eunhyuks arm and he looked down to see Donghae intertwining their fingers. All the air from his lungs disappeared and Eunhyuk discovered he had forgotten to breathe.

 

Donghae looked up at him, with a sincere smile and eyes filled with gratitude and something else Eunhyuk couldn’t quite name.

 

“Thank You.” He whispered, with a smile that he put his whole being into.

 

As Donghae turned back to the sky, Eunhyuk once again marveled at the sheer love he had for the man.

 

And yes, the orange rays of the early morning sun peeking from behind a cloud were bright, but to Eunhyuk, Donghae was even brighter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Hello!

As you probably read in the foreword, it is my first time writing and English is not my first language so grammatical errors might be present. Also, it may not be very good but please leave comments, thoughts and feedback. I'd really appreciate it.

Also, loads of love to my first ever subscriber 'bluelady28'. Thank You.

And thank you to all of you for reading this stroy and giving me a chance.

If you want to know more about me then feel free to ask questions.

Have a lovely day! And Smile :)

-Wisegirl_14