From Mommy:

Return of Superman, 10 years later.

"We're meeting our new family now. Both parents are really good looking and talented idols who are not only famous in our country, but also the world. When they first broke out the news, it was chaotic, because who knew? But the'yre probably the most famous idol couple in their days, and they finally tied the knot after 3 years of relationship. They are still in the business, but apparently eomma and appa are taking really good care of their kids. Shall we meet them now?"

"Hello, I am SNSD's Seohyun." Seohyun slightly bowed to the camera. "Five years ago, I became Jung Yonghwa's wife, and a year later, Jung Yoohyun came to this world." She smiled, remembering Yoohyun, her first son who was just 4 years old. The cheerful and bright Yoohyun, who loves dinosaurs and hates eggs. 

"Yoohyun was born in the summer, and grew up really fast. It's like it was only yesterday when he said his first word: tomato." Seohyun laughed. While other kids would say "eomma" or "appa" as their first word, Yoohyun said tomato, one morning. Seohyun was preparing breakfast and Yoohyun was watching her from his high chair. When Seohyun was slicing the fruit, Yoohyun just said it "To...ma...to." while pointing at it. 

"A year later, our Yoohyun got a little sister: Jung Yeonae." Yeonae was born smaller than the other kids. Only 2000grams. The doctors were a little bit worried because she didn't look as healthy as another newborn babies and has to stay in the NICU for 3 days to be monitored. "She was small, when she was born. She made us all worried: her parents, and even her grandparents stood by her side when the doctors took care of her. We prayed so hard for our little girl, for her to be healthier and bigger, and she did. Eventhough she's a bit small, she has a big appetite." Seohyun played with her wedding ring while looking at the camera. "She's my best food tester."

"I learned new things everyday. About being a good wife, and being a good mom. I can say my kids are my teachers, as the years go by. It's amazing to see how fast your child grows, how you have to focus your attention to them everytime, because you don't want to miss every second of it. Every second I spent with my kids were really precious."

"I'm not saying I'm a good mom, I'm just trying to be one. I'm still lacking a lot, and I'm lucky to have my husband by my side. He was always there for me, and I think he's a really great father to my son and daughter."

"But, I don't think he could survive taking care of them just by himself." Seohyun laughed. "No.. no.. I'm not saying he's not close to them, just...." She touched her hair, thinking of words to say. "He's just Jung Yonghwa, and he sometimes just being... their friends, not their dad. My kids got him wrapped around their little fingers, and that's a problem, sometimes."

"I want him to teached them a lesson or two, I'm always the bad guy!" Seohyun remembered when she was making egg rolls for Yoohyun and he decided to throw a tantrum because he hated eggs. "Sometimes, appa has to be a bad guy too!" Seohyun laughed. 

"Nevertheless, I hope joining the show will take him to another adventure with my kids. And I hope they'de have tons of fun!"

 


"The clock just striked 7, and Seo eomma is already busy in the kitchen. Eomma, it's still early, what are you making? Whoaa it looked good. I think it's some kind of soup. I never knew they taught the idols cooking lesson, maybe I should get one too?"

Seohyun glanced at the living room. Yeonae was sitting at the sofa, constantly yawning but her eyes were fixed on the television showing Pororo. She was holding her Winnie the Pooh doll that's bigger than her. 

Today Seohyun was making some chicken porridge for her kids, and soft tofu soup for Yonghwa. She was leaving for Busan later, after finishing breakfast and briefing her husband for his first 2 days of Return of Superman filming. 

"Yeonae-yaa..." Seohyun called Yeonae. "Why don't you wake up your oppa and appa?"

"Okay!" Yeonae stood up immidiately, then going to their bedroom carrying her doll. 

"Appaaaaaaa..." Yeonae climbed up the bed and sat beside her sleeping father. "Appa please wake up."

"Uhh.." Yonghwa growled. "What time is it?"

"I don't know." Yeonae shook her head. "Wake up wake up, appaaa." She shook her dad's shoulder. 

Yonghwa opened his eyes and remembered that today was the filming of Return of Superman. The crews installed the cameras last night and his family already met with the VJs who will be following them around. Yonghwa stood, looking at Yeonae who was now trying to wake up her big brother. "Oppaaaa." Yeonae has another trick to wake Yoohyun, she was hugging/fell on top of Yoohyun. 

"Aaaaanggg!!" Yoohyun whined. "Aaaaaangg!"

"Ya ya ya!" Yonghwa shushed the two of them " Yeonae, please don't suffocate your brother."

"Oppa wake up." Yeonae said, still hugging Yoohyun. "Eomma made us some delicious food, nyum nyum..."

Yonghwa laughed at his daughter's aegyo. "Come on guys." He exited the room, followed by Yeonae and the-still-sleepy-Yoohyun.

Yonghwa helped Yoohyun and Yeonae to their high chairs, while Seohyun set the plates. Today's breakfast was chicken porridge and vegetables for the kids, and soft tofu soup, rice, and some side dishes for the parents. Yonghwa looked at the food lovingly, this is probably the last decent food he will ate for 48 hours. 

"Seohyun." Yonghwa said, "What am I going to do without you?"

Seohyun was fixing Yeonae's bib. "Why?"

"I will began 48 hours just by myself." Yonghwa was eating his kimchi. "What should I do?"

Seohyun laughed. "It'll looked like you never spend time with your kid, oppa.." 

Seohyun poured Yonghwa some chinese tea. "It's going to be different without eomma, right kids?" 

Yoohyun ate his porridge then said. "Why?" 

"I'm going to Busan, baby. I told you yesterday, right?"

"Why?" Yoohyun asked again. 

"To see your grandmother." 

"Why are we not coming?"

Seohyun looked at Yonghwa as if to say "Please tell him."

Yonghwa put down his spoon, "Because you guys are going to spend some time with me."

"With appa?" Yeonae chimned in. 

Yonghwa nodded. "We're going to have some fun."

 

After breakfast, the Jungs huddled in the living room. Seohyun took out some papers with her writings on it. "Here I made you some list of what to do."

Yonghwa was playing an ukulele with Yeonae on his lap. He put down the ukulele and took the piece of paper from his wife's hand. Seohyun took a seat beside him, and Yeonae crawled into her lap. "Eomma are you also going to have fun with grandma?" she said. "Yes I will." Seohyun said, combing her daughter's hair with her hand. 

Yonghwa was reading her wife's note:

DO NOT FORGET TO:

1. Take a bath before going out

2. Put on a jacket

3. Comb Yeonae's hair+put on some ribbons or headband

4. Teach Yoohyun to tie his own shoelaces

5. Bring an umbrella

6. Bring some fruits for the road

7. Please teach Yoohyun to eat more vegetables, and maybe some eggs?

8. Important dolls: dinosaur (Yoohyun), winnie the pooh (Yeonae).

9. Have fun!

 

"Eomma are you going to eat some seafood?" Yeonae was still talking to Seohyun. Seohyun laughed, her daughter was really into eating, just like his Dad. Yeonae eats whatever she gave her, Yeonae was not a picky eater, opposite from her brother. 

"Now that appa's done reading his manual, let's take a bath kids!" Seohyun got up from her seat, placing Yeonae on the floor. "Yoohyun, let's go." she called Yoohyun who was playing with his dinosaur doll. Yonghwa followed his wife and kids to the bathroom. "I already picked out their clothes for today. But tomorrow you have to prepare them yourself, okay?" Seohyun said. 

After taking a bath, Yonghwa helped Seohyun dressed Yoohyun and Yeonae. She then combed Yeonae's hair carefully. "You also have to learn to take care of Yeonae's hair, oppa. Right Yeonae?" Yeonae nodded at her mother's question. "She doesn't like it if it's messy." 

Seohyun put on a cute navy blue headband for Yeonae. "There she goes, my princess."

 

"I'm going, then." Seohyun turned to see her family behind her. Yonghwa was carrying Yeonae and she was holding Yoohyun's hand. "Have fun with your dad, kids."

Yoohyun wouldn't let go of her hand. "Eomma where are you going?" his voice trembled.

Oops, this is bad. If Yoohyun cried, Yeonae will start crying too.

"Eomma is going to Busan to see your grandma, Yoohyun-ah." Seohyun get down on her knees to matched Yoohyun's eyesight. 

"Why? Why aren't we going with you? I want to see grandma too." Yoohyun hugged her mom.

"Me too!" Yeonae said from behind them.

"Eomma will... take some cooking class with your grandma. I'm going to be busy, so that's why appa will take care of you. And you have these nice uncles and aunties around too.." she was gesturing to the PDs and VJs surrounding them.

"Yoohyun, come to appa." Yonghwa called his son. Yoohyun obeyed his daddy. He let go of his mother and went to his dad's side. "Bye mommy. Say bye kids."

"Bye eommaa.." Yoohyun and Yeonae said in unison.

 

"Finally, 48 hours of quality time between Yong appa and the kids will begin. He did such a good job in the morning isn't he? And the kids are listening to him well. I think Yoohyun and Yeonae are such lovely kids who obeyed their parents. I'm really looking forward to this family!"