Main Story: Chanyeol

Start Somewhere
Please log in to read the full chapter

*AN: I'm using Luhan as his given name and Xi as his surname, it's fiction after all! Now, enjoy!

 

▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽

Chanyeol reads over the event forms as quickly as he can while Kyungsoo stares him down. It’s hard to complete his work when the secretary does his very best to look as judgmental as ever.

What kind of president gets scared of his secretary?

Chanyeol!

Because Kyungsoo is only nice to two things. Adults and Kim Minseok. Unfortunately for Chanyeol, the vice president is absent today so he got all of Minseok’s workload on top of Kyungsoo’s grumpy mood. Someone should have told him before elections that people he works with on daily basis will stress him out more than the actual workload.

“Does Joonmyun know about the budget increase for the Cultural Fair?”

Kyungsoo shakes his head and hands Chanyeol another packet.

“Jongdae submitted this to hyung yesterday. I don’t think he looked over it yet.”

“Why am I reading over this if our treasurer hasn’t ‘okayed’ it?” Chanyeol puts down the packets onto his desk with an annoyed groan.

“Because,” Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, “Joonmyun-hyung is buried under a pile of the work you graciously bestowed upon him for the East Wing renovation.” Kyungsoo pushes the packets towards the president with a pointed look. “You are the only one besides our treasurer that can access the accounts.”

Chanyeol groans again. With a wave of his hand he surrenders and checks the time. Two hours. Plenty of time before the opening ceremony.          

▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽

 

A man behind the podium looks out at the students lined up in perfect lines. A smile breaks over his face as he continues on with his speech.

The Cultural Festival preparations were officially starting and everyone seemed to be buzzing with excitement. It would probably take another two weeks to prepare for the actual event, however, that was the fun part.

“Now, I would like to call out the members of the Student Government on to the stage.” The man looks down at his speech to name out the members. “Sports Club Representative, Xi Luhan. Cultural Club Representative, Kim Jongdae. Treasurer, Kim Joonmyun. Secretary, Do Kyungsoo. Vice President, Kim Minseok. And,” he checks to see that all of the called out members are on stage and his eyes quickly locate the tall man with a bright smile walking towards him, “President, Park Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol bows to the man and steps behind the podium to address his student body.

“I know that all of you have already started on your preparations and I thank you all for the enthusiasm you have show. We, the Student Government, will do everything on our behalf to make sure the festival runs smoothly and support all of your hard work.”

Chanyeol looks to his side and receives a nod from Minseok. With a smirk, finally breaking his “serious” face, the president turns back to the audience.

“Fighting! Let’s show those at Daegu High what real Cultural Festival looks like!”

The unanimous deafening response from the students drowns out the annoyed groan from the vice president. Leave it to their president to bring out rivalry in everything he did, but at least it got the students that much more excited. Chanyeol was elected as the president not only for his grades, but he also knew how to get people pumped up.       

▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽

 

“What?” Chanyeol looks up to see Luhan pointing at the door. The president finds an unknown face standing outside of their office and looking very uncomfortable. Taking a pity on the boy, Chanyeol swiftly makes his way towards him.

“President,” the student bows, “I was told to deliver this to you.” He hands Chanyeol a folded piece of paper. Once the item is in Chanyeol’s hands, the student quickly bows again and walks away.

“What is it?” Luhan looks over Chanyeol’s shoulder.

“Maybe a love letter?” Chanyeol grins back at the man. Luhan only rolls his eyes and decides that it’s none of his business what their troublemaking president does. The less he knows, the better chances he has of denying everything.

Chanyeol can only smile at the lack of interest the other man shows. He opens the paper and his smile turns into a frown.

Come to the rooftop.

~Wu Kris

“Waah~,” a voice right into Chanyeol's ear makes him jump in fright and he turns around to see Joonmyun reading over his shoulder, “make sure he doesn’t hit your face okay? We can’t let anyone know that our president gets into fights.”

“What? Why would I get into a fight?” Chanyeol looks more confused now, looking down at the note again. Wu Kris? Who was that? But it did sound familiar.

“Because it’s Kris that’s calling you out.” Joonmyun answers easily with a knowing look. At the mentioning of the name, everyone in the council room drops what they were doing to stare blankly at their president.

“What? Kris called out to Chanyeol?” Luhan jumps up to steal the note from Chanyeol, so much for not being interested.

“So he wants to take over the school and decided to attack the king?” Kyungsoo speaks up from besides Minseok. “Not bad. The kid got some balls.”

Minseok grins but doesn’t take his eyes off of the papers he’s reading.

“What are you guys talking about?” Chanyeol whines and walks back to his desk.

“I wouldn’t make the guy wait.”

“I’m sure you’ve heard of Kris. He’s a first year and going off of the rumors,” Jongdae leans into Chanyeol, as if he’s worried that someone could be listening in on them, “he’s one scary dude. Apparently, on his first day he threw a teacher out of a window while arguing about his blond hair. However, he didn’t get suspended because they couldn’t prove that it was him that did it. Even the teacher, after the fact, said nothing against him.”

“And!” Luhan jumps in. “That stupid gang welcomed him with open arms and they all went to Inhun High to pick a fight as his welcome party!”

“Stupid gang? The one with Tao as their leader?” Joonmyun asks, trying to look not interested but his love for rumors moved his lips.

Chanyeol looks at the vice president who’s still busy doing his work.

“Tao? Your brother?”

Minseok shakes his head.

“He’s not in a gang and he’s my step-brother.”

Ah. Chanyeol nods in understanding and decides that he should also get back to work. The festival was not going to run itself.

“Why aren’t you leaving?” Luhan asks.

“What?” Class 3-B was going to change their plans and needed his approval. Unfortunately, the matter has to wait since Luhan was literally pulling him out of his seat and out of the room. With a sigh, Chanyeol begins walking on his own and as he takes a step through the door, he hears them all say “Good luck!”

On his way towards the stairs that will lead him to the roof, Chanyeol wonders if he was really walking towards his doom. If it came down to it, Chanyeol was ready to fight.

▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽

 

“Chanyeol-hyung.” Kris acknowledges the man with a small bow, more like a nod of his head. Chanyeol does the same. Fully prepared to go on offence if necessary. The president is aware of his surroundings. The door is right behind him and there is a good five feet of distance between them. There’s no shame in running.

The walk to the rooftop had never been more stressful in Chanyeol’s three years of attending the school. However, the sun was out and compared to the morning, it was much warmer.

It was relatively easy to find Kris. He was the only person there. Even if there were others, the man’s bleached blonde hair and striking height would draw anyone’s attention. With what the members were saying about the first year, Chanyeol did not expect him to have such sculpted face and body. Maybe he never got hit in the face?

“Go out with me.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widen in both shock and disbelief. Did he hear him wrong?

“Pardon?”

Kris sighs and his thick eyebrows knit in frustration.

“Date me.”

The words are shocking on their own, but Chanyeol’s ego really doesn’t like how commanding the man says his words. It’s almost like he’s not giving Chanyeol any options but to comply.

“Wait,” Chanyeol takes a step back, “you want to date me?”

“Yes.” Comes the quick reply. The blonde man has a straight face so Chanyeol can’t tell if he’s serious or just joking. For a moment he wonders which one he would prefer.

“I’m sorry,” Chanyeol takes a step back, “like boyfriends?”

“Yes.” The underclassman steps forward. “Like, hanging out, spending time together and like that.”

The nonchalant way Kris speaks really makes Chanyeol think he’s joking.

“So, be friends?” The brunette clarifies, hoping that he’s not making the other man mad with his questions.

Kris shakes his head, the bleached locks look surprisingly soft and fluffy to Chanyeol.

“I want to kiss you too.”

Chanyeol’s cheeks flush at the admission. Kris takes a second to look at his face before continuing.

“I also want to hold hands and do lovey-dovey things during our dates. But definitely kissing.”

The brunette doesn’t know how to respond to that. Kris wants to date him? They were both men, in different years, never spoken to each other until this very moment. Chanyeol was having hard time wrapping his head around everything, especially Kris.

“But, I don’t know about though. I mean,” Kris sighs, “I’ve only slept with girls before so I haven’t really thought about it. But I know for sure that I want to kiss you, even right now.”

Chanyeol wants to walk away from the man, the danger sensors flashing in his head, but something inside of him doesn’t let him show any weakness, rooting him in place.

“I’m straight.” Chanyeol’s mouth blurts out. Kris shrugs his shoulders.

“So am I.”

“What?”

“, are you gonna date me or not? It’s getting cold here.”

Chanyeol’s face twists in annoyance. The younger man had called him out and now he was complaining about the weather. He wonders if they got into a fist fight would he be able to keep up with the delinquent? The rumors has to be true or at least have some truth backing them. Maybe, Chanyeol would get his kicked but maybe, just maybe, he could prove to the other man that he’s not someone he could joke around.

Kris’s complexion grows darker with each passing second that Chanyeol doesn’t respond. However, their moment of silence is broken when the bell rings, the outdoor speakers right behind Chanyeol, making the man flinch in surprise.

“, I have a test. I’ll be expecting a reply by end of the day today.”

And with that, before Chanyeol can retort or add anything, Kris runs past the president faster than Chanyeol’s processing skills.

The wind is picking up now and it’s cold. However, Chanyeol doesn’t care because more important things are running through his mind.

“What the ?”

▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽

 

“You’re kidding.” Minseok asks with his unimpressed voice and doesn’t even look that surprised but Chanyeol really hopes that the man finds it at least a little bit amusing.

Being the great man that he was, Minseok had packed Chanyeol’s belongings and met him at their classroom. Sometimes Chanyeol wonders what life would be like without the other man. Probably very disorganized and bare of anyone who would make sure that Chanyeol got up in the morning. He wasn’t a morning person.

However, Chanyeol could not show his appreciation to his dear friend and just blurted out the first thing that was on his mind. Kris’s confession. Or demand. Or whatever that was.

“Nope. I honestly can’t make up these things.”

“Wow.” Minseok leans back and takes a long look at Chanyeol. “I didn’t know you were Kris’s type.”

Now it’s Chanyeol’s turn to take a long look at his friend.

“How would you know his type?”

Minseok just sighs like this conversation was the most insignificant thing in the world. This stupid attitude of his was the only thing Chanyeol did not like and it was, not surprisingly, the number one thing that Kyungsoo liked about the man.

“Tao spoke of his girlfriends. Big s and butts. Long black hair and usually much older than us.” He pats Chanyeol’s shoulder. “At least you’re older than him. That’s one of the four things on his list.”

“Okay, whatever. Just, what am I supposed to do with his confession?”

“Well,” Minseok begins while considering his words, “you should at least respond to him. That’s the polite thing to do. However, how you respond is all up to you.”

“That I already knew, thanks.” Chanyeol leans forwards and bangs his head on his desk. His classmates look on with surprise at their president’s actions but Minseok just accepts it as Chanyeol being Chanyeol. “What I need help with is the response.”

“Why would I help you with that?”

Chanyeol glares at the desk and hopes that Minseok can feel it being directed at him.

“Okay, what if you were in my position. What would you say?” Chanyeol feels his friend’s hand on his back gently rubbing around his spine. He appreciates the comfort but wants the man to hurry up with the answer.

“Honestly, I don’t see why you can’t just date him.”

That makes Chanyeol sit up and give Minseok a pointed look.

“Really? How about the fact that I’m straight? And so is he!”

Unfortunately, the teacher walks in and asks everyone to settle down. Chanyeol’s studious and likes to stay on teacher's good side, but right now he doesn’t like the woman at all. He’s having a crisis and she just barges in on him? Rude.

Sensing the dark aura around Chanyeol, Minseok leans in to whisper.

“Isn’t it better that you’re both straight? This way you can get close to him without any attachments. I, personally, would love to see how that notorious delinquent spends his time.”

▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽

It was easy to find him. Being the Student Government President made it very easy to look up information on students, something he should not do but has he power to. Thus, Chanyeol quickly used that power to find Kris’s classroom and schedule.

He told himself that it wasn’t creepy at all. He just wanted to know the guy’s last class but ended up seeing the whole schedule. Also, Chanyeol was surprised to learn that Kris’s name was actually Yifan. Now that he thought about it, it would have been rare for anyone to have his name. And for some reason, Chanyeol likes Yifan much better.

Students bow in respect when Chanyeol walks through the halls towards his final destination.

Class 1-C. 1-C. 1-C.

Why was their school so big?

After a long walk, Chanyeol finally reaches classroom 1-C and takes a moment to prep himself. He was going to do this.

A freshman sticks her head out of the door and bashfully addresses her upperclassman.

“Chanyeol-shi, can I help you with something?”

Chanyeol gives the girl a gentle smile and shakes his head.

“Just looking for someone. Is Wu Kris here?”

At the mentioning of the name, the girl’s face pales and her eyes shift into the room, looking uncertain. Quickly Chanyeol notices that there’s no sound coming from the classroom like it had when he first got there. Did something happen?

Before he could ask, the girl flinches back and bows to someone behind Chanyeol and rushes back into the room. Chanyeol feels a heat wash over his back and he turns around to come face to face with his target.

“Hyung.”

“Kris-shi.”

“Just Kris is fine.”

Right. Chanyeol wonders if he could call him just Yifan. Maybe later.

“Kris, then.”

“You’re looking for me?”

For some reason, the aura around the man is different than before. Chanyeol wonders if his nervousness during their first meeting had made him perceive Kris in a different light but now that he was calm and with a plan, Kris didn’t seem so intimidating.

“Yes, it’s about earlier.”

Kris just nods. Chanyeol opens his mouth but closes it soon after. He could feel it. They were being watched. He was no stranger to being the center of attention, but this conversation was not something he wanted to share with the school.

“Actually, since it’s self study, do you mind accompanying me to the student council room?”

Kris shrugs and steps back as to tell Chanyeol to lead the way. Chanyeol does so. The walk back to the room feels much shorter and soon they find themselves in the council room with no one to disturb their conversation.

“So as I was sa...”

“You knew it was self study.”

Chanyeol really hates being interrupted. Ever since meeting the younger man, he had managed to do almost everything Chanyeol hates about others.

“Yes. I looked it up.”

Kris nods.

“Anyways, let’s go on a date tonight. I’ll be done with meetings at five today. If you can wait till then then I will meet you at the bus stop.”

Kris’s eyes widen, slightly, but it’s soon gone, replaced by a smirk.

“Five it is.”

▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽

“You can take the inside seat.” Kris stops to make room for Chanyeol.

“Really? Cool, thanks.” Chanyeol slides into his seat and gets comfortable. While waiting for the bus they had planned out their first date location. Hongdae it was.

“I think we should have dinner now but get something later if we get hungry.” Chanyeol continues from their previous conversation.

“Yeah, I’m cool with that.”

With that they settle into a comfortable silence. The crowd in the train are all tired from full days work and only shuffling of feet and clothes can be heard throughout the bus. Chanyeol looks out and sees the congestion starting to build up on the road but they would probably reach their stop in less than twenty minutes.

The cold wind from the afternoon has stopped and even with the sun setting, it was surprisingly warm. Of course the heat emanating from Chanyeol’s side from the other man was probably also keeping him warm.

As predicted, they soon reach their stop. Hongdae was beginning to get packed. Luckily, their height make it easy for them to get through

Please log in to read the full chapter