Chapter 6

You Can't Forget Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys! The last day to vote for my entry is April 30. I'd appreciate it if you'd vote for it! if you haven't read it yet, you can find it here: HERE and vote for the story HERE. If it asks for the password, it's SECRETRADISH. My entry is under the Romance section, and it's called To The Boy Who Stole My First Kiss by Kanani. Retweeting my tweet helps, too!

 

 

“You asked her on a date?”

“Yeah.”

“And she said yes?”

I send Sehun an exasperated look. “What’s your point?”

“What’s my point? The ever popular but incredibly naive Jongin asked a girl out on a date, that’s my point. Since when did you have the balls to do anything like that?”

I push his shoulder, but he only stumbles a few times before invading my space again. “I wasn’t planning on it.”

“Obviously,” he responds, and then laughs a bright, airy laugh. “Damn. I was hoping to surprise you, but you ended up surprising me.”

“Surprise me? About what?”

“Me and Sunyoung,” he wiggles his brows like he’s some sort of comedic act. “We’re official.”

That is surprising, although I don’t have much to say about it. “You’re not just messing around, right?”

“Of course not,” he says, but there’s a mischievous glint in his eye. Sehun has player tendencies, to summarize. Another term is probably more suitable, but I try to refrain from vulgar words, unlike Sehun. “I like her. And she’s cute.”

“Okay.” This conversation is wearing me out. “Why are you following me again?”

“Because I want you to skip class.”

“I thought you wanted me to go to class.”

“Not when you have a date tonight. We need to get you a cool shirt, not this boring stuff you wear all the time.” I glance at the blue raglan shirt I chose to wear today. I didn’t think it was so bad. In fact, I thought it complimented me.

“Coming from the guy who wears his grandpa’s clothes?” I retort.

He jostles my arm. “Class never ages. Anyway, skip.”

“I’m not skipping. I’ve already met my quota for the semester.”

“Since when do you care?” He huffs like a child when I don’t respond. “Fine. Let’s go to class, and you can show up to your date later looking stupid. Where are you taking her, anyway?”

“The museum,” I say even as he rolls his eyes.

“Could you be a little more exciting?”

“She likes art.”

“Dating is an art, and you’re not doing it well, buddy.”

“Back off,” I say, irritated now. He seems offended by my outburst, but I don’t care. “I’ll tell you about it tomorrow if you stop pestering me.”

“Geez,” he says, a resigned tone in his voice. “Sorry. Wasn’t trying to be a pest.”

Briefly, I regret my words, but the feeling disappears and is promptly replaced by a whirlwind of excitement and nerves. Sehun’s right; excluding the blind date, this is the first ‘real’ date I’ve ever been to. Which is why Sehun will probably do everything in his power to tease me. “I’m keeping my phone on silent, so don’t even try to embarrass me by calling, because I won’t answer.”

Sehun’s smiles proudly when he says, “You know me too well.”

 

After class, I head straight to work. It’s busy, which I surmise is due to it being almost the weekend. Hyori and I have established quite the workflow for ourselves - I take the orders while she makes the drinks. We don’t talk to each other save for the occasional “iced, not hot”, “extra syrup” or “no whip”. About an hour and a half passes before she and I can lean our backs against the counters and breathe.

“The one day our boss isn’t here, and we’re the busiest we’ve been in a while,” Hyori nearly pants. She cranes her head back and stretches her arms. “So much for a free meal.”

“He does that?”

“Yeah. If it’s a busy day, he’ll take us out to dinner. He looks like a grouch, but he can be nice. Although not when you order ten bottles of soju like Taehy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter