Her

Hairpart

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!" Lee Bona gasped when she saw her reflection in the mirror. "Onnie... it's too.... short."

Her brown was cut short, a little bellow her shoulder, too short for her taste. 

I cannot go out like this!

"Onnieee...." she whined, almost crying.

"Bona, sometimes you have to try new things." Miran onnie, her hair stylist said, massaging her shoulder. Bona was known to be a hard headed girl, but always respected Miran and obeyed her, because Miran was a pretty famous hair stylist, even for celebrities. 

"Ugh. Okay, then." Bona get up from the chair and when to the cashier. "Thanks, onnie."


Monday was a bit terrifying for Bona. She has to go to school with her brand new, too short for her taste, hair. She touched her bandana over and over again. It was navy blue with little ribbon on top of it. 

Hopefully, no one will notice. She thought as she went out of her car. 

 

But everyone did notice. Especially her friends.

"Lee Bona, what happened with your hair?" asked Yesol when she met Bona in front of the locker before class. "Isn't it too short?"

Bona lifted her chin, "I'm trying this... new... hairstyle." 

She opened her locker and took out her backpack, shoving her books as fast as she could. 

"Are you sure? Don't you love your long hair?"

I do.

"Not really." 

"You look like..."

"Whatever Yesol, I'm going to class." Bona wore her backpack and went to class.

 

"Lee Bona, you cut your hair."

"Bona what happened to your hair?"

"You look prettier with you long hair, Bona-ya.."

Everyone in class was looking at her when she sat down at her table, she wondered why everyone cared so much. Is it because the new hairstyle was so terrible or is it because it was her?

 

During lunch break, Bona didn't go to the cafetaria as usual, but turn right at the corridor, to the library.

She chose to sit at the far end of the reading room, carrying nothing but her phone. She finally sat down when found an empty table, took out her phone and began playing with it. 

"Do you know this is a library, Lee Bona?" a voice distracted her from finishin level 20 of candy crush. She looked up and saw Yoon Chanyoung standing in front of her, brows furrowed, holding some books. 

Classic lit.

Very Yoon Chanyoung.

"I know I know." Bona said, fixing her skirt and looking down at her phone again.

Chanyoung took a seat in front of her. "At least bring a book." he put down one of the book he held in front of Bona. "If the librarian catches you, she will tell you to leave."

Bona quitted her game. Chanyoung was already reading his book. 

"What book is this?" she pointed at the book Chanyoung gave her.

"Literature."

"Do you read books a 17 years old would read? Do you read books from this century?"

Chanyoung chuckled. "At least I'm reading in the library, not playing my phone."

"Whatever." Bona grabbed the book and began reading it. 

It was Pride and Prejudice.

"This is so old, isn't it, Chanyoung?" she asked.

"I think so."

"Why are you choosing this book?"

"It has nice reviews."

"You read the reviews first? Then you'd know what this book is about then.." she was playing with the cover.

"I don't. They don't really tell the whole story, just the plot. Have you ever read books?"

"Ya!" Bona smacked Chanyoung's forehead. "Do you think I'm that dumb?"

Chanyoung laughed. "That hurts! And no, I don't think you're dumb. I think you're quite smart."

Bona smiled. "Thank you. You're actually the first person to say that I'm smart."

Minutes passed and Bona ended up reading that book. Pride and Prejudice. It was boring, but Chanyoung was too busy reading his book that Bona felt uncomftable to talk to him. He looked so serious.

The bell rang, it was time for them to get back to class.

"We should do it again." Chanyoung said, picking their books to return them to their shelves.

"What?"

"Reading."

"Sure."

"Anyway.." Chanyoung said as they walked at the hallway, on their way to class. "Your hair looks nice."