Epilogue

Epilogue (Infinite; WooHyun/SungGyu; PG-13)

 


It's always the best part of a book, or a movie, or anything that has a story. It's the beautiful ending of a tragic story, a love story's tearing end. SungGyu sometimes wonder if, in his life, there will be an epilogue. Something that will make his life complete. That will allow him to leave all the persons he's always loved, without regretting anything. 

 

~*~

 

When he left home for the first time, hoping to be able to make his life worth living, he changed everything. City, Friends, Studies... Everything that had been quite superficial before, he erased it. Deciding to go back to the basics. 

He moved to Seoul in the end of August, entering Seoul Art College, and living for the first time far from everything he had known. He kind of liked his flat mate. DongWoo, a funny and nice guy. Dancer, who often brought his boyfriend back so they could practice in the living room of their little flat. 

'It's too small at his... And renting a place is way too expensive'. The arguments were good. And he couldn't really oppose himself. Not when Hoya was bringing him the best coffee in town when he was coming around. So while the 2 younger where practicing with their music out loud in the living room, he put his earphones on, and listened to the music. Writing down as many things as possible.

 

He had always written. When he was younger he had hold a diary for a few years, talking about his daily life. Friends, family...  A few years later he had started writing about fiction, and short stories. Nobody ever had been able to read anything he had written. Until he had decided that majoring in creative writing & composing was actually what he wanted to do.

As long as he was able to write. Anything. Lyrics, Poem, Novels, Plays, Short stories... Everything was okay. He liked to think about his characters, to spend hours and hours polishing the plot, thinking about the evolution of the story... He always carried a small notebook in his bag and wrote in it whenever he had inspiration. In the bus in the early morning, during lunch, while he was having his coffee, in class... 

 

By the end of the semester, every professor was happy and amazed by his writing. Encouraging to write more and giving some tips. 

Only his Creative writing teacher called him at the end of one class. 'Your work is really great. The only thing missing is emotions. You need to put some feelings in it. Writing is about putting emotions in words. If you want to talk about Love, talk about it as if you're feeling it.' 

He had nodded and walked out of class.

 

In the bus on his way back home he had been thinking. Missing feelings? Emotions? How was he supposed to write about something he didn't know. He had thought he had done a great job by writing his last essay. The subject had been 'What is love for you?'. Easy. Or Not. Not when you have never experimented it.  It was easy to talk about class, college, everyday life... But Feelings were hard.

 

He worked harder on his next essay, putting a lot of sleepless night, trying to figure out what was Hatred about. He had never really hated anyone... He had liked, disliked, sometimes despised... But Hated? No never.

He got an average grade. Nothing extraordinary, nothing horrible either. And on bright red on his paper was written 'Feelings'.

 

~*~

 

He wasn't going back home for holidays. Too far, and not really the desire to go back to his hometown. DongWoo wasn't going back home either. And from the sight of Hoya sprawled all over the couch on the Sunday night, he was staying too. 

'So... any plans for the holidays?' asked DongWoo as he sat next to them on the couch. 

Hoya had his head on DongWoo's lap, and looking at the TV screen. Glancing at him from time to time.

'No... Don't have anything... You?

'Well, we have this contest on Saturday, so we'll be busy practicing... I think that since it's holidays, we'll be able to use the practice room, so we won't be here to annoy you.'

DongWoo laughed, and SungGyu chuckled.

'You're not disturbing me anyway... It's okay.'

The 2 dancers smiled, and proposed to make dinner. To celebrate holidays. 

 

In the end holidays weren't that much different from classes.  SungGyu spent his days in his room writing, most of the time. He was going to his favorite Coffee place every day. Sat there with a burning coffee, and wrote. Again. Sometime he just sat there, looking around him. Watching people.

DongWoo had been right. They had managed to get the practice room for themselves, and were nearly never home anymore. It made life way more calm, and peaceful. A bit more boring though. 

 

It was the doorbell that woke him up on Tuesday afternoon. And it took him some time to realize that he had actually fallen asleep in the middle of composing a song. 3 empty mugs of coffee next to him. He sighed and walked to the door. Passing a hand through his hair that definitely sold him out. Yes, he had been sleeping at 2pm.

 

 On the door step was a handsome boy, maybe a bit younger than him. Sharp jaw and black hair.

'Yeah?'

The boy stared at him for a few seconds, before furrowing his brow.

'I'm probably not at the right place...

'Are you searching for DongWoo? He's not home right now. I'm his flat mate.'

The boy looked surprised, but nodded.

'He told me that I could probably find him here but... It's okay. I'll come back later.

'Well... You can come in if you, He and Hoya usually come back from practice around this hour. I'm Kim SungGyu.

'Nam WooHyun.'

He stepped back inside, letting WooHyun enter. A look around the flat reminded him that he had been supposed to tidy the flat for the past few days. But never actually did it.

'Sorry... I didn't expect anyone so...

'It's okay... Our flat is pretty much the same anyway.'

SunGyu nodded, and moved to the kitchen. 

'Coffee? 

'Yes please.'

He gathered all the dirty mugs he had let everywhere in the flat for the past few days, and washed them as they waited for the coffee.

'So... How do you know DongWoo? 

'I... I'm actually Hoya's flat mate. I was searching for him... But since he said that he would probably be at DongWoo's...I came here.'

The coffee machine stopped gurgling, and SungGyu served 2 mugs. Handing one to WooHyun who had sat on the couch, and sat next to him. 

'You're here on your own too then?'

SungGyu nodded, and sipped his coffee silently. Before he got the opportunity to say anything, the front door opened, and Hoya & DongWoo came in.

 

That evening, WooHyun stayed with them, and cooked. SungGyu was so happy and grateful to the younger that he could have hugged him. Really. Because the entire earth knew that he couldn't cook. Even if his life was depending on it. And DongWoo & Hoya were far from being chefs. WooHyun though, this guy could cook. 

'You should come more often. To make sure we're not dead from food poisoning' He said as they were both cleaning the dishes. WooHyun laughed, and nodded.

'Okay Hyung... I could come, and cook to you every day if you want... you're probably quite lonely on your own everyday...

'No... Not really'

He smiled at the younger and retreated to his room with a steaming cup of coffee. 

 

It was only a few hours later that he understood what WooHyun had wanted to say, and he thumped his head on his desk for being so stupid. WooHyun had wanted to be friend. And he, as the stupid and nerdy bookworm he was, had done the whole contrary of what was expected.

He didn't get any news from WooHyun the next day. DongWoo came back from practice late, and texted him to say that he would eat out. He sighed, and made himself ramen with a cup of coffee. 

 

~*~

 

To say that he was thinking of WooHyun all day long would be lying. But the younger really did hold a big part of it though. And on Saturday morning, when he heard DongWoo taking his breakfast, he went to ask him WooHyun number. DongWoo looked at him with weird eyes, before handing it to him, and walking out of the flat.

'Don't forget to come to see us this evening! 9pm!'

 

He called the younger while drinking a glass of orange juice. There wasn't any coffee left. He would need to go in town to buy some.

'Yes?

'WooHyun... It's SungGyu...DongWoo's flat mate.'

There was a silence.

'Oh... SungGyu Hyung... 

'Yeah... I... Well I've been a total moron last time and I know it... I'm really bad usually at... you know... Making friends and all the communication stuff. Sorry.'

He heard WooHyun chuckled at the other end, and smiled.

'So... I wanted to know if you were free this afternoon... Maybe going for a cup of coffee or something...

'Well... Yeah, I don't have anything planned anyway. And I'm sure you know a good place... So...'

It was SungGyu's time to laugh.

'Yeah... Do you know DaVince Café??

'Hum... Yes, I've heard of it. 

'Well, I'll be there around 2pm... You can come whenever you want... I usually spend my afternoon there...

'Okay... I don't know exactly when I'll come. I have some things to finish at home but... Yeah, I'll stop by in the afternoon.

'Great... See you then.

'Bye.

 

He hadn't lied when he had said he spent most of his afternoon in the coffee. Some of the waiters even knew him by name. His order changed every time though. Depending on his mood.

WooHyun came at 3:30pm.And he was so busy trying to figure out how to put more emotions in his text, that he didn't even realized the other was there. Until WooHyun sat in front of him.

'Oh... Sorry I was...Uh... yeah...'

He scratched the back of his head, smiling uneasily. WooHyun nodded, and ordered a Cappuccino and an Apple-Cinnamon Muffin, as SungGyu ordered another Latte Macchiato. The 3rd one since he had arrived. 1h30 ago.

'Did I disturb you? 

'No... No, of course not. I was just... Trying to figure out some things...'

WooHyun nodded, and glanced around him.

'It's a nice place.

'It is. 

'How did you find it? 

'Well... I pretty much tried every place that sells coffee around here... And this one had the best coffee, plus a great cozy and comfy place so... Yeah...'

WooHyun laughed, and that made him smile. Their order came, and WooHyun took a sip from his drink.

'You're right... Great coffee.

'If there is one thing in the world you can trust me on... Its coffee.'

WooHyun laughed again.

'Coffee addict eh?

'Pretty much... I think I live on coffee more than on actual food but... yeah. 

'Uh... When was the last time you ate a real meal?'

SungGyu cocked his head on the side. Thinking.

'I... I'm not sure.'

When was the last time he ate a real meal? These days DongWoo had been out every day. And he can't really remember cooking anything. Coffee had really made him live up.

'I... Well, I don't know. I'm a writer. Writer drinks coffee, and live when the other sleeps.

'Want me to cook something for you for dinner? I'm alone, and you too... And I'm pretty sure you're going to the contest this evening anyway. 

'Right... I wouldn't complain about a great dinner, actually. I think I need to eat some food.'

WooHyun smiled, and handed him a bit of his muffin.

'Here, you can have some. They're really good.

'I hope so... Never ate anything here... Only coffee.'

They laughed, and he took a bite of it. It was actually quite tasty. WooHyun was grinning, and it felt great.

 

Having WooHyun coming over to cook dinner was the best thing SungGyu had done in a long while. They had stopped by a grocery shop on their way back home. Buying necessary things for dinner. And coffee too.

 

SungGyu didn't really know if WooHyun was really a great cook, or if it was just the fact that he hadn't eaten anything properly cook for a while. Anyway, it was really good.

'I can't believe you ate everything I cooked... Was it that great?

'First, I was HUNGRY. DongWoo haven't been here all week, and since I absolutely can't cook anything... I think I just... you know...

'Drank coffee??'

WooHyun raised his eyebrow. He obviously didn't appreciated SungGyu's way of living only by coffee.

'Yeah...

He stood up from his chair, putting his plate in the sink. 

'Maybe you should start... you know... To try to cook something?'

SungGyu stared at him for a few seconds.

'I CAN'T cook. Not that I don't want... I just... Can't.

'Okay... I'll teach you to cook then...'

WooHyun walked to the sink, and dropped his own plate in it. 

'As you want... But I'm a desperate case. Just so you know.'

WooHyun smiled and nodded. 

 

It felt great. Just the two of them. Laughing, joking with each other. SungGyu had never been good with people. He always had a hard time finding friends. And to be honest, he didn't have any friends. Just DongWoo and Hoya. And that was only because DongWoo was his flat mate. Other than that... No one. But there was WooHyun in front of him, and a warm feeling inside his chest. And everything seemed fine around him. Friends then.

 

They went to the location of the contest 20 minutes earlier. Hoya had visibly told WooHyun that they could come earlier to see them before the beginning. DongWoo must have forgotten.

They looked great in their stage clothes. Seemed very much stressed though. DongWoo kept on biting his lips, and laughing at everything. Hoya seemed calmer. Seemed. 

'Hoya's totally stressed... I've never seen him like that'

WooHyun said as they walked back to the main stage, waiting for the contest to start.

'Really? I thought he was pretty much okay... I mean... Compared to DongWoo...

‘Yeah... Well... Hoya's quite good at hiding his feelings... DongWoo's a fail.'

SungGyu chuckled, and looked at the stage where some dancers gathered.

 

Hoya and DongWoo were amazing dancers. Very different from what he had been able to witness in their flat, the few times he had wandered out from his room to make himself a cup of coffee. They were powerful, and totally synchronous. They were perfect. Far from being identical, but perfect together. They won the first place. And they totally earned it. 

'Glad that all their practice in our living room weren't a waste. 

WooHyun laughed, and dragged him to the dancers' area.

'Come on, we need to congratulate them!'

 

He didn't register where they went. Nor what DongWoo said, crying all over his shoulder. The only thing was WooHyun hand in his. Warm, and confident. Hoya said something, and WooHyun squeezed his hands. 

'Uh... What? Sorry...

'I asked if you wanted to come to ours tonight... DongWoo's coming over and I thought it could be great if you came too... you won't be alone that way...'

Hoya smiled at him. He glanced at WooHyun who was grinning before looking at DongWoo.

'Well... Why not... If you don't mind...'

DongWoo smiled. Showing all his white teeth, and hugged him.

'Awesooooome!'

He just smiled. The warm feeling inside his chest turning burning for a short moment when WooHyun squeezed his hand. Again.

 

WooHyun and Hoya's flat was really smaller than them. Only one room where both of them where sleeping, and a small kitchen. Definitely no place to practice.

It was a fun evening. DongWoo was overexcited by their first place and kept on saying stupid things. They all laughed anyway.

 

DongWoo was the first one to fall asleep, on Hoya's lap as they were watching a movie. Hoya following shortly after. And WooHyun moved closer to SungGyu, resting his head on the older's shoulder. It felt weird. All the warm and dizzy feelings that WooHyun gave him. Only by placing his head on his shoulder.

By the end of the movie, WooHyun was sleeping deeply on his shoulder, and it didn't take long for him to follow.

 

He woke up to DongWoo's laugh and a strong smell of coffee. It was already bright and probably near the end of the morning. He blinked a few times and glanced around him. The 3 boys were already up. All sitting around the table, eating breakfast.

He lazily walked to last empty chair, and before he even sat, WooHyun handed him a cup of Coffee.

'I thought you would need it.'

He nodded silently, and sipped his coffee. A good one. 

'Hyung isn't really a morning person... 

‘As if you are...' SungGyu grunted.

WooHyun laughed, and patted on the head before leaving for his shower.

 

When he went back to the flat later, on his own, DongWoo had decided to stay a bit, he asked himself a ton of question. He always asked himself a lot of question. Too much sometimes.

He sat at his desk, a steaming cup of coffee next to him, and sighed. What was wrong with him? 

He grabbed a sheet and a pen, and started to write. It all came out at once. And he didn't even bothered controlling what it was. He just wrote. Everything that came to him. All his feelings. Because it wasn't his usual compositions, or essay he's been used to hand out. No. It was feelings he wrote. His emotions. All WooHyun related. 

 

He spent the rest of his holidays cloistered in his room, living only with coffee. Not because he wanted. Just because he was afraid of what could happen if he went out. What would happen if he saw WooHyun again? He didn't know about the feelings he felt. The weird feelings in his tummy, or his heart rushing every time that WooHyun was around. He didn't know about it. And that scared him. So he just avoided everything that was WooHyun related. He tried to talk to DongWoo only when it was REALLY necessary. Even changed of coffee shop, because it was too easy to find him there.

 

~*~

 

When holidays were finished, he went back to class. And he was grateful for it, because it meant that he could do something else than just stay at home. He handed in a few things he had written, and got good grades from it. Even his creative writing’s one. His professor handed it back with a smile. He got an A+, but more than that there was 'Great work on the feelings' written on the top of his paper. SungGyu glanced at his professor, and stared back at his paper. So it was it. That was emotion? Feelings? Just writing randomly what came to his mind. Without even trying to organize it or anything? 

 

He read his paper again that night, and thought that it was stupid. He had just written about how lost, and confused he felt. That he actually had no idea of what was going on, and no idea of what he was supposed to do. 

He lay on his bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. It was late. But he couldn't sleep. Probably too much coffee. Again.

 

His phone buzzed somewhere in his bag, and he fumbled in it. Hoping to catch it before it stopped. And failed. Four missing calls. All from WooHyun. 

He sighed, and fell back on his bed. It was stupid. Really. Stupid, and childish. Since when a call... or even a person, could make him so unsure about him. 

 

Insecurity. Over sensitivity. Weakness. Awkwardness. Discomfort.

 

All these feelings. He never really paid attention to anything he felt. But there. Now. It was different. He couldn't avoid it. 

He sighed one last time, and called WooHyun back. The best thing to do was to talk to him. Maybe it would help. Maybe.

 

He hadn't really thought about the fact that it was nearly December, and that the weather started to get cold during the night. And waiting in an empty park wasn't really the best place to get warmer. But it was there that WooHyun had told him to wait so... He went there. 

 

'Hyung...'

WooHyun was wearing a big wool scarf, and a beanie. 

'WooHyun-Ah... Sorry I asked you to come out that late...'

WooHyun nodded and walked to a bank to sit.

'It's ok. I don't mind. I wasn't asleep anyway.'

It was pretty silent all around. Just the sounds of some car in the streets. Nobody else than them.

'Why did you call me?'

WooHyun looked up at him with a surprised expression.

'I've been calling you for a few days already. You didn't answer once.'

SungGyu nodded.

'I know... I’m sorry. I've been pretty busy... A lot of papers to hand in...

'Oh... I see.'

It was awkward. 

'I... Well... I’m sorry for not answering. Or calling you back. Or anything...'

WooHyun glanced at him, and resumed to look at his shoes.

'It's okay. It's not like we're... Dating or anything. I'm not even sure if we're friends to be honest.'

The younger said, and chuckled sadly, playing with the hem of his shirt's sleeve. Something squeezed inside SungGyu, and he had a hard time breathing. It was annoying. And it even more annoying because he didn't know what he was feeling, nor why.

'I... I consider you as my friend. I think. I've never had a lot of friends. And... I only have DongWoo and Hoya here. And You. I think.'

WooHyun nodded, and smiled. It didn't reach his eyes though.

'I'm glad then.

'I... you know...'

SungGyu sighed, and let his head rest in his hands. It was harder than he had thought. Telling WooHyun about how he felt. Even if he didn't know what it was.

'You know Hyung... You don't need to avoid me.'

SungGyu looked up at the younger. WooHyun was looking at the sky. It was cloudy. No stars.

'If you're scared, or just worried... you can come and talk to me you know... No need to disappear like that. 

'I did not...'

WooHyun smiled, and glanced at him. 

'DongWoo told me that he barely saw you... 

'I...'

WooHyun took his hand in, and squeezed it lightly.

'I'm not going to let you down Hyung.'

The younger smiled at him, and it reached his eyes this time. SungGyu's heart rushed, and his cheeks felt hot. 

'Thank you. I'm just...'

It took him some time to find his words to explain. He wanted to laugh at himself. How was it possible that someone who spent his whole days and nights to write over and over, couldn't express himself? 

'I never felt anything like that before... I actually...Never felt anything before. At all.'

WooHyun was looking at him, expectantly. Hands warm in his. He wasn't here to judge SungGyu. He was here to listen, and reassure him. 

'Since I was a child... I've never been good to express my emotions. That's why I started to write. Because it was the only way I knew to do it. I never had a lot of friends. People thought I was weird. And... I never... you know... I felt things... I know I prefer Winter over Summer... That I like Blue color, and the smell of rain. I know that I dislike shrimps and can't stand egoist people... I know all that... I've just...'

He sighed, and WooHyun squeezed his hand.

'I never Loved, or Hated... Never have I been really overly happy, or depressed. I never cry. Never teared of joy, even less from sadness. I barely felt anything when I left home, and all my family. But... You came and... Things are different. I can feel the happiness when you're around. I feel head lighted, and my heart beat faster than usual.'

He saw WooHyun smiled from the corner of his eyes, and his heart rushed. Just as to prove that it was real.

'So... Yes... I’m scared. Because I have no idea what is this whole 'feelings' things. And so... Yeah.'

WooHyun chuckled next to him, and squeezed his hand one more time. It felt great. 

'It's alright to be scared. I think. You can't always know perfectly what you're doing. It would be creepy if you did. It's going to be alright. You can trust me. I may not be the perfect human being. I don't know everything about feelings, or how people react... But... I do like you, and I don't want you to be scared. Just trust me, and I promise everything will be alright.'

 

WooHyun walked him home, still holding his hand. The warm feeling in his chest didn't go away, but he got used to it. It could even be enjoyable at some point.

'You can come up if you want... It's pretty late... I'm not sure that it's pretty safe to let you go back on your own...'

WooHyun chuckled.

'I'm going to be okay... I'm pretty tough...

'I... No. I'm not going to let you go back.'

He felt surprised by what he had just told... Not really used to display any feelings. But that was what he thought. I didn't want WooHyun to go back home alone.

'Come on.'

He tugged on WooHyun's hand, and walked inside the building.

 

DongWoo was sleeping on the couch, TV still on. He sighed and walked to the couch. For the past few months he had lived with DongWoo, he had learned that there was no way to wake the younger up, except for the really brutal way. Making him fall from the couch for example.

'What... Hyung? What’s going on?

'Go to bed, don't sleep on the couch...

'Yeah... Yeah...'

DongWoo stood up sleepily, and glanced at WooHyun.

'What is WooHyun doing here?

'Go to sleep.

'Okay... Good night Hyung. Bye WooHyun-Ah.'

 

He lay on his bed, eyes closed, waiting for WooHyun to come out from the bathroom so he could turn off the lights. The younger looked at him smiling, and lay next to him. 

'Why are you grinning like that...?

'Me? Nothing... 

'WooHyun...

'What?'

It was hard to say what expression was on WooHyun's face now that the lights were off, but something in his voice made SungGyu know he was smiling.

'Come on... I may be insensible at a point, but I'm not stupid.

'It's nothing... just... I’m quite happy that you talked to me. Really.'

SungGyu sighed, and rolled on his side, so he could face the younger.

'I think I've talked more today than I did for the past ten year.'

WooHyun chuckled. His face was so close that SungGyu could feel his breath on his cheek.

'I'm glad that I was the one you talked to.'

They both smiled. Knowing that was true. 

'You know... It's the first time I actually feel entirely alive.'

SungGyu whispered, and WooHyun stared at him in the eyes.

'Is that a confession of any kind?'

He chuckled, and WooHyun gripped his hands. It had become something almost normal.

'I don't know. I don't know what I feel, how could I confess.'

WooHyun nodded, and stared at him in the eyes.

'I'm going to kiss you. Now.'

He had been warned. He could have move, or pushed WooHyun away. There were plenty of things he could have done if he hadn't wanted to be kissed. But instead, he didn't move. And looked at WooHyun expectantly.

WooHyun kissed him slowly. Eyes opened, waiting for any sign of rejection. But none came. SungGyu was looking back at him with a mixture of a lot of emotions in the eyes. He was a bit lost to be honest, didn't know what to do. But when WooHyun pressed a bit more, he kissed back instantly. Without realizing it. He closed his eyes. Slowly. And he felt it. Entirely. His whole body burning from ears to toes. Heart rushing. The sparkle in his belly. It was like fireworks, and even more. It felt awesome, but still a bit frightening. WooHyun must have felt it because he pulled away. Smiling at him.

 

WooHyun was beautiful. SungGyu had always thought he was. Since the first time he had opened the door of his flat. But now, even more. 

 

'What are you thinking about? So deeply?

'I... Nothing. Just that you were beautiful.'

WooHyun chuckled and kissed him on last time before rolling on his back.

'Let's sleep. We still have class tomorrow, and I'm sure you don't want to feel exhausted all day.

'There still is Coffee for that.'

WooHyun chuckled. They lay next to each other silently, and before any of them knew it, they had fallen asleep.

 

~*~

 

Life come and goes. Sometime it feels good. Sometime you just want to throw everything away. But it gets better when you have someone you can lean on. Someone who's here when you feel lost, and confused. Someone to tell you to stop when you screw up, and who's here to help you get back on your feet.

And WooHyun was that. Everything. 

 

When SungGyu couldn't find inspiration for the new chapter of his last novel, with the deadline approaching. WooHyun was there to talk to, to help him with the details, giving some random comments or ideas. That, in the end, will all be in the novel. Because WooHyun's the only one who's able to bring out the best from him.

WooHyun's able to tell him to stop when he's working too hard. He cooks a good dinner, and put the coffee machine in an unknown place. Just so he doesn't live only on coffee.

WooHyun's here at night when he decides to go to bed. And he listens to SungGyu talk about his book for hours. Always falling asleep after the older. 

 

As years had passed, they had both graduated from college. SungGyu with the honors. He hadn't had any difficulties to get published. WooHyun had gotten himself a job in a great company, and enjoyed it very much. They still met DongWoo and Hoya sometimes... The two of them had opened a dance Academy. Very well known.

 

SungGyu still wrote as he breathed. Writing verses or sentences every now and then, on napkins or sheets he usually forgot. He liked to think that maybe someone had found it. That maybe it had been an inspiration source or maybe just something beautiful they kept. He thought about all the little things he had done and how many lives he had been able to influence. He felt quite happy about it. Being able to make his dream come true. Decided to make his life, what he actually wanted it to be.

 

'What are you writing about?'

WooHyun had just come back from work, still tucked in his suit and tie. SungGyu always thought he was quite y that way.

'I don't know... I heard a girl talk about her holidays. There were so many feelings in everything she said. I don't know. Just felt I had to write.'

WooHyun chuckled, and kissed him on the forehead before moving to their room to change in comfortable clothes.

'Still hooked up on feelings right?

'Won't change me... They said something about it in the last critics I read... Hum... Here it is. "Kim SungGyu, the author who write feelings."'

He had felt quite proud when he had read it to be honest. Because feelings were hard to describe, and define. He knew it. 

WooHyun came back grinning. 

'I'm glad that you're able to sell so well, and still enjoy writing so much. If you readers knew that you still hang out at the same coffee for the biggest part of your day. That you're still not able to cook.

'They don't need to know about me. As long as they like what I write. That's the most important for me.'

WooHyun smiled and moved to the kitchen.

'I'm going to cook... Anything special you want? 

'Uh... No... Surprise me?'

WooHyun laughed, and SungGyu chuckled. The strange feelings in his stomach had never stopped. Nor the warm and comfortable feeling when he was with WooHyun. 

'I love you'

He said blushing by himself as he heard WooHyun laugh in the kitchen. He still wasn't used to any display of feelings. But it was WooHyun. So it was okay.

 

~*~

 

He had it all in the end. Recognition for his work. Love from his family and friends. But more important, from WooHyun too. He was still able to spend hours and hours writing while drinking coffee. He was happy to death. Yes, that was it. He could have die and have nothing to regret. He didn't want to die though. Too many great things were still to come and he knew it. 

 

So maybe epilogues need to be at the end of a story only so it can continue after. Maybe the epilogue isn't the end of your life. And maybe it's just a new beginning. Just maybe.