Chapter I

1000 Paper Cranes

The eighteen year old Youngmi was walking down the street. She had so many things going through her mind, but all she wanted to do was make some paper cranes. She didn't even realise a truck was coming her way.

"Jeez, watch it!" As someone's strong force pulled her back.

She bowed to him as an apology without even taking a glance at him and continued walking.


Youngmi made her way to the park. She sat down under the bright sunlight. Trying to wish her life's problems all away. 

The thing about this eighteen year old was that she had brought a packet of coloured square paper everywhere. She encounters many difficulties in her life and makes wishes. Each paper crane holds one wish. Every day when she gets home, she puts them around her room and counts them. She believes when she reaches the 1000th crane, the wish she wanted the most would come true.

She took out her packet, and started folding the piece of paper. She folded it in half so it would be shaped as a triangle, then another fold to make a smaller one. As she had finished that fold it started pouring out rain. But she didn't care, she needed to finish it. She started crying as she opened up the triangle and folded the triangle halves into a square.

She cried out, "Why did you have to die?"

"I-I need y-you."

She finished folding her crane and said her wish.

"I wish I could be with him."

But what she didn't know was there was someone standing behind her the whole time.

He was completely drenched, but he stood there looking at Youngmi being rained on.

He ran up behind you and hugged her.

"I know about him. But that doesn't mean you can walk in front of a truck whether you realised it or not." 

Youngmi turned her body around and leaned her head against his chest.

"Luhan, he’s gone. It's all my fault. I should've be-"

He immediately grabbed her shoulders back. He made her look at him with her eyes crying out a river.

"Don't say it. And don't wish for your wish. You need him but I need you."


Annyeonghaseyo! This is an extremely short chapter, eventually they'll get longer over time as the plot is developing. I don't know why I feel weird after writing this so... ohwell!^^ If you took your time and read this, thank you so much!^^ Please note I'm still a newbie. So please be kind, and leave your kind thoughts in the comments!^^

~Kookiemonstarz