final.

Risk

Yoongi isn’t much of a relationship person ━ Hell, he’s not much of a people person to begin with. The fact that he’s sharing an apartment with someone, that they’ve been going steady for the good part of some six months, and that said boy is currently sleeping soundly next to him is astonishing. And yet, he can’t imagine it any other way.

 

They started out as a simple one night stand. It wasn’t anything special ━ they met at a party, they talked, they had a few drinks, this turned into that, and before he knew it, Yoongi was ing him against some filthy bathroom stall door. They parted ways afterward, without even asking each other’s name. Yoongi figured he’d never see him again; the campus was enormous and it wasn’t like he was actively seeking out the random men he’d had with. It was quick and easy, no strings attached, and he was perfectly content with that.

 

His name was Park Jimin and they shared not one, not two, but three classes together. When the first day of the new semester rolled around and Yoongi arrived to his first class, threw his bag across the back of his seat, and slumped down, he could already tell it’d be a long day. And then he looked over his shoulder and saw a familiar goofy smile and dread weighed down on him like a ton of bricks.

 

But after their ━ or, rather, Yoongi’s ━ initial shock at running into him again subsided, and they started talking about nothing in particular during especially long and pointless lectures, he felt himself looking forward to each coming class. His heart skipped a beat whenever he thought of Jimin’s dorky, high-pitched laugh; butterflies swarmed in the pit of his stomach at the sheer mention of his name. It disgusted him. He was falling ━ hard, fast, and without a parachute to brace his impact.

 

Lucky for him, the feelings were mutual. And if that wasn’t enough, he felt like a ing leprechaun when Jimin confessed to him over coffee ━ he was just glad he didn’t have to spill the beans, or else who knows where they’d be. Probably still joking over silly little inside jokes and trying desperately to ignore the between them.

 

Yoongi’s breath hitches in his throat when Jimin turns over in his sleep, curling up into his side and draping an arm around his waist. He waits for him to settle, for his breathing to even out and the outline of his chest in the light of the moon to fall softly before he makes to his hair. It’s soft beneath his fingertips and it reminds him of everything that is inherently Jimin.

 

Yoongi isn’t much of a relationship person. One night stands are his forte, and he’d be damned if he said he knew what he was doing with Jimin. He had a lot to learn, and he was bound to something up at some point ━ but he was willing to take the risk, if it meant loving him.