Final Part I

Equanimity

Kyungsoo remembered the day his childhood best friend had left him. They both didn't know what was happening until it happened. Young Kyungsoo and Baekhyun had been playing tag in the park near their houses, it was just an average day for the 6 year olds. But after that... 

"Baekhyun, say goodbye to Kyungsoo." His mum screamed from the other side of the road.

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow, bye Kyungsoo!" Baekhyun said as they hugged each other.


"Omma, where's Baekhyunnie?" Kyunsoo asked his mother the next day.

"His family moved houses, sweetie."

"But... Omma, he said we'd see each other today!"

"He didn't know."

Kyungsoo starts to cry and his mother wipes away his tears.

"Omma, I don't believe you." Kyungsoo started to scream, "BAEK! WHERE ARE YOU?"

He started to cry again, his mum picked him up and carried him.

"Mummy, I m-miss him. He was my only friend."

"I know. You'll find more in the future."


Kyungsoo's POV

If only what she had said came true. When I was a 14 year old boy. It was then that I moved to Seoul.

The moment I had to move schools, was when everything started.

It was my first day, the first time I'd see people my age in Seoul. I was scared and I had the right to be.

I walked into class with the teacher, and I was told to introduce myself. I did as told.

"Hello, my name is Do Kyungsoo."

Everyone was quiet until some boy said, "WOW, didn't know people from Busan were so short, but their eyes are huge."

Everyone started laughing, I felt embarrassed.  That was when everything had started. 

Ever since that day I was bullied continuously.

I couldn't tell my dad anything.

Eight months after my family and I moved to Seoul, my mum was in a serious car accident and she's been in a coma ever since.

My father didn't cry that day. He was being strong, he's worked continuously everyday so that we could survive. 

The pain I was facing at school was something I didn't want to bring home with me. But one day, I couldn't handle it anymore.

I remember what one kid said to me, "Your mum's in a coma, and you barely have a relationship with your father? You might as well die."

I can't ever forget what he said to me. I took out a pair of scissors, I opened them till it wouldn't go further. I grabbed it and made several cuts to my arm.

It started to bleed, but I could barely feel it. I felt nothing. I was numb.

I was thinking about everything but nothing at the same.

"If my mum didn't have me, maybe she wouldn't have been in a coma? If my mum was awake, dad wouldn't be like this."

"To them you're just a nuisance." That's what I kept telling yourself. I knew it was true. 

I didn't know what to do. I was so alone. This is what I kept telling myself, for all these years. 

I'm now 18 years old, and tomorrow is the last day of school. It's still the same. It's been ever since and won't end. 


My last day of high school. To think they'd actually cut me some slack. Nope. They weren't going to have a toy next year, the last day means they had to give me all they had. I thought it would end. I thought the last day meant freedom, an ending to all this. I was totally wrong. It may have been ending for them, but it was a new beginning for me.

That boy who has teased me ever since had said something one last final thing.

"Your mum's not gonna wake up. Your dad is working so hard so he doesn't have to see your disgraceful face. Gosh, maybe you should've been the one in the coma."

That was it. I had enough. I couldn't handle it anymore. 

I ran up to the rooftop of the school as they had chased me up there.

I went to the end, and stood there.

"If you want to die at least do it properly." He pointed to the other side of the roof.

I smirked at him while tears were coming out, "If you want me dead, fine. You got what you wanted."

I walked to the other side to where he was pointing, tears started running down.

Mum, maybe I'll see you up there. I'll look over you and dad from there.

"What's taking so long?" He got pissed and ran up to you. 

He pushed you off the roof.


Hey! This is the first ever story on my own. This is my first ever one-shot and doing an OTP, which hasn't really started out in this story yet. This one-shot is ending up to be a bit longer! This is my first one-shot, so please be kind as I am still a newbie. Thank you for taking your precious time and reading this!^^  Apologies for mistakes or grammar errors, I'll edit after I finish! Feel free to point them out!^^