Chapter 33

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's already past ten in the evening yet the two couples are still enjoying their double date at the rooftop. They spent their time chatting, laughing, and even singing to each other. It actually became the hyperactive cousins' job to entertain their girlfriends. Unbeknownst to them is that four black cars have stopped in the building's parking area. Seven of the eight people who stepped out of these cars looked liked in a foul mood while listening to the echoing voices of the girls having fun at the rooftop. Their faces looked very serious when they walked up the stairs going to the where the voices where coming from. And when one of them swung the door open, the couples stopped their conversation to see who interrupted their moment.

"Mom? Dad?" Hyoeun uttered when she saw her parents. Her mother is a nurse and her father is a radiologist. They work in the same hospital where Sooyoung first met Hyoeun at the age of sixteen when she was admitted for Acute Gastroenteritis. The seven people who interrupted their moment are no other their parents whose glares sent shivers down the spine of the Shinhwa heiresses.

"Choi Sooyoung," Mr. Choi called in his strictest tone. "Hyoeun's parents came to our house to look for their daughter. How dare you not let them know that you'll be taking their daughter out for a date tonight? Do you want to be sued for kidnapping?!" He's exaggerating but the Mr. Choi who has an angel's face is like that when he's serious.

Sooyoung mentally slapped herself for forgetting the most basic rule of Hyoeun's parents when she wants to take her out for a date which is to ask permission first.

"And you Im Yoona," the serious Mr. Im added. "How dare you not let Mr. and Mrs. Jung know that their daughter is with you? They became worried when they couldn't find her at SMEnt or Producer Oh's music store."

Yoona bent a little to whisper to her girlfriend. "You didn't tell them that you're coming here for our date?"

Jessica smiled and raised her hand to show a 'peace' sign. "I sneaked out," she replied. "These past few days I've always been busy as a musician so I don't have enough time to rest. Therefore my dad wouldn't let me go out of the house during my free time."

She's telling the truth and all Yoona could do was frown at the reality that they're both too busy with their careers.

"Let's go Lee Hyoeun," the father said like a soldier's command. "You're past your curfew time. You seem to have forgotten that you have classes tomorrow." Mr. and Mrs. Lee bowed their heads at the hoteliers. "We'll take our leave. Thank you for helping us find our daughter." There was nothing Hyoeun could do other than say goodbye to her girlfriend.

"You too?" Yoona asked. She grabbed Jessica by the wrist when the pianist took a few steps forward towards her father.

"Sorry. My parents are strict," the Blanc heiress said in a cute manner before giving her lover a goodnight kiss. And after the girlfriends left together with their parents, the Shinhwa heiresses stood like students about to receive a punishment from their teachers. Sooyoung cringed when Mrs. Choi flicked her forehead.

"What do you think you're doing? Hyo is a college girl. You should have at least informed Mrs. Lee through text or a phonecall that their daughter is with you. You made her parents worried."

"Ouch~ You hit me too hard umma," Sooyoung complained while rubbing her forehead that turned red.

"I did it on purpose to shake your brain. Now start cleaning this place before you go home."

The two followed the orders of their parents but they stopped cleaning when they realized that the elders are just watching them. "Are you not going to give us a hand?" Yoona asked.

"No," Mr. Choi replied firmly. "Choi Siwon, watch over these kids while they're cleaning. Make sure no one will slack off."

Siwon appeared behind his biological father. They recently had a reconciliation after Mr. Choi apologized for not acknowledging Siwon as his son and for all his shortcomings as a father. And though they're now in good terms and Mrs. Choi also acknowledged him as Sooyoung's brother, Siwon chose to remain as Han Siwon for it is his way of respecting his single mother.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter