Chapter 28

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sadness and longing were painted on the faces of Jessica and the Shinhwa heiresses when they met in the hallway to Sooyoung's office. Jessica wanted to run to Yoona and hold her tight but she noticed the civilian men walking around and stealing glances at the trio. She can tell by their action that they're hired by her grandfather to observe her and the cousins' movements.

"Sooyoung," Jessica called which startled the mentioned girl. Sooyoung was expecting that the Blanc heiress will call her cousin first and not her.

"Y-Yes?" Sooyoung asked. She's thinking about what's going on in Jessica's mind at the moment.

"Can we talk?" Jessica's eyes were focused on Yoona when she said those words. It was a cue for Sooyoung that the one Jessica wants to talk to is her cousin and that she is the instrument for that to happen.

"Yes. Let's go to my office," Sooyoung said like a professional head of an organization welcoming her guest. "Come on Yoong. You can join me for dinner. How about you, Sica? Have you had dinner?"

"No. Not yet."

"Good timing then. Let's have dinner while talking about our upcoming wedding."

After they went inside Sooyoung's office, Jessica grabbed Yoona's wrist and pulled her for a tight embrace. Even if it's just been a day since that heart-wrenching moment, Jessica already missed Yoona's warmth. Therefore, having her in her arms once again made her emotional, prompting her tears to fall. Sooyoung just watched them in silence. A lump formed in while watching the couple in tears.

"I'm sorry Yoona," says Jessica in between her sobs. "I'm sorry we have to go through this. Please don't give up on me. I need you to fight for me Yoongie so that I, too, can keep on fighting."

Yoona Jessica's brown locks and hushed her weeping girlfriend. Jessica's request is enough to fuel her determination to win her fight. "I'm not going to give up on us Sica. We're gonna make it. I promise. Sooyoung agreed to help us so have faith in us okay?"

With her lips trembling, Jessica answered her lover with a kiss. And when she has calmed down from crying, the three of them discussed about the possible things that will happen and how they're going to deal with it. Some of the things they have to do were hard for their heart to bear but they have to do it in order to protect Yoona and her father's business.

 ---

To stop the rumors about Jessica dating someone else which the people assumed to be the reason why she walked out of the ballroom crying, Arthur Jung forced Sooyoung and Jessica to live in one house. They stayed in the Jungs' mansion back in South Korea together with Joseph and Yuri who were often tasked to go overseas for business trips. In that house, the two were trained to be a great leader of Blanc Group. A number of professors were hired by the oldest Jung to teach the engaged couple and one of these people was someone Sooyoung knows...And Jessica too.

"Oppa?" Sooyoung uttered when there was only the two of them in the library of the Jung's mansion. The addressed man smiled and took a few steps closer to his new student.

"You always address me as oppa even if I don't acknowledge your dad as my father," the man replied. His name is Han Siwon, a young MBA professor at Pusan University. Han is his single mother's family name. He was fifteen when he found out that his biological father is Choi Yoong Joon, making him the half-brother of Choi Sooyoung. Sooyoung figured this out when she saw Siwon having an argument with the father who didn't acknowledge him as his son. This was because the relationship Mr. Choi had with Miss Han was just a one night stand.

"I share with you my father's DNA. So of course it's only right for me to call you oppa."

"Stop calling me that from now on Sooyoung. If Arthur Jung finds out, he'll kick me out."

Inserted at the handbook Siwon gave his half-sister was a letter which Sooyoung kept in her pocket. After their lessons, once she's already in the room she shares with Jessica (by Ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter