Unexpected Surprise

Unexpected Surprise

Valerie sat in her car for a long time, she just came back from the doctor. She had been feeling strangely sick in the mornings, rarely does she ever get sick. So, she had made an appointment with the local clinic. The boys were out at the time when she left. Once she arrived there, nervousness set in. She checked in and waited for her turn. Once called, she followed the nurse and went into a room prepped to figure out what is going on with her. An hour later, once the tests were done, she waited for the results. Playing with her fingers over time, the doctor came back with the results. Everything came crashing down when she got the news. Her nerves skyrocketed and she sat there in shock. Pregnant. By a couple of weeks. Feeling numb and uneasy, she thanked the doctor, payed her bill and left. She drove back home in silence.

Once in the drive way, she parked the car and sat there. After 30 minutes, she got out and went inside. The boys weren’t home yet, so she went into the bedroom and sat on the bed. Shaking, she held her head in her hands, the slight panic not easing up. All of her thoughts were rushing through her. She never thought that she would become a mother one day. It wasn’t even a conceivable idea, not with all the damage her body received from the car accident when she was 10, when a pole went through the windshield and impaled her abdomen. Months spent in the hospital where she was told her body won't function to a certain degree when she is older, meaning eating a set amount and a 50/50 chance of bearing a child.

The front door opened and the sounds of the guys entering was heard. Taking a deep breath, Valerie headed to the living room to greet them. Smiling she asked them how their day out was. They all talked for a while. The youngest one, Daesung, eventually asked if she was feeling all right. Smiling and nodding, she said yes. With a small exhale she starts telling about her day, worried looks showed when she told them about her doctors visit. She assured them that she was fine. That she found out the reason why she wasn’t feeling well for the last two weeks.

Once she broke the news, shocked faces on all three men. Shock turned into excitement for one of them, Youngbae. Joy for Dae. The oldest of the four, Seunghyun, was happy but he was more concerned for Valerie. He pulled her into an embrace and asked if she was okay. She nodded, saying that it was only nerves. He told her that everything will be all right and not to worry. The other two joined in agreement. Instead of continuing on with the topic, they decided to do stuff together to keep her mind off of it for a bit, to get her in a calm mood and not set her into panic. They read, watched movies, played games together. Keeping it relatively normal in the house. Valerie was glad they did this. It really helped. Things may get stressful later on, but she is now in a good mood. All thanks to her mates, who know her better than she knows herself, sometimes.