Pilot

The Other Side of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I've seen the world

Done it all

Had my cake now

Diamonds, brilliant

And Bel Air now

Hot summer nights, mid-July

When you and I were forever wild

The crazy days, city lights

The way you'd play with me like a child

- Young and Beautiful, Lana Del Ray

 

 

“What is this? Does this look like my blue Converse high-tops to you? No, they don’t!”

 

“I-I’m sorry, young miss.”

 

“Get me the right shoes this time. Now.”

 

It was a typical Monday morning in Kim Manor and as every morning began, there was hustling and bustling as chaos erupted amongst the servants as they tried their best to prepare the house as the masters of the house go through their morning routine.

 

And unfortunately, one poor maid was caught in the crossfire by having to deal with the prissy young miss of the house when she was in one of her bad moods.

 

“Dimwits.”

 

Sohyun muttered under her breath as she rolled her eyes while sitting in what was called her ‘throne’ in her dressing room, waiting for the young maid to arrive with the correct pair of shoes for that she needed for the first day of school.

 

The young Kim heiress was dressed to the nines with her designer school uniform consisting of a white dress shirt, plaid dark blue-skirt with a dark blue blazer to match. Even her hair was photo-shoot ready, her wavy dark brown hair was slightly curled to give it more volume and she had just the slightest touch of eyeliner – the minimum allowed at school – to give her that rebel edge. All that was missing was…

 

“How long does it take to get a pair of stupid shoes?!”

 

She shouted for what seemed to be the umpteenth time, startling the poor maid who was still riffling through the store-sized collection of school sneakers that the Young Miss had in her possession.

 

Sohyun managed to hold it in for a few more minutes before her temper erupted when she realized that if she would be late to school if she waited for the useless maid any longer.

 

“Forget it!”

 

She screamed as she began slipping on the nearest pair of shoes that she could get her hands on – a pair of red Chuck Taylor’s that the maid had mistakenly brought earlier that so did not match her uniform ensemble today but Sohyun didn’t have much choice.

 

The adolescent girl grabbed her bag pack off of her bed and began rushing down the steps of the colossal three-story manor to reach the kitchen to grab breakfast, while making a mental note to inform the manor’s butler, Butler Yi about the unfortunate circumstances that occurred this morning and to make sure that the pathetic girl gets fired.

 

Sohyun made it to the kitchen just in time to see her father off before he went off to work, which was a rare treat for her. Chairman Kim Seunghyun was the type of father who would be working 14 hours a day in the office and would return until after she fell asleep.

 

“Is there a special occasion today, Daddy? You’d usually be gone by now.”

 

She remarked as she made her way over to the fridge to pour herself a bowl of her favorite Oreo O’s cereal. Sure, her home had their own personal chef but in Sohyun’s opinion, there was no one that could make a bowl of Oreo O’s that tasted similar to when she made it on her own (the secret was a pinch of milk powder).

 

“In a way, yes. I have to settle some things here before I go to the office.”

 

Chairman Kim answered as he put down his copy of The Korea Times on the island countertop before grabbing another slice of buttered toast from the stack of toast in front of him. Sohyun placed her bowl of cereal beside him and pulled a stool to sit.

 

“Oh, really? What is it?”

 

Sohyun remarked as she looked at her dad with questioning eyes before digging into her bowl of cereal. The only person missing from their family break

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter