Chapter 7

Fate?

"Tiffany!" the tall girl dropped her luggage on the ground beside their table and held out her arms, inviting her cousin for a hug. 

"Sooyoung!!" Tiffany shot up from her seat instantly and hugged Sooyoung tightly. "I miss you so much! And wow, you've grown so tall...." 

"I miss you too cuzzy! Uhuh. You jealous?" she conceitedly asked. 

"Pfft." Tiffany snorted and broke the hug.

"My turn!" Jessica got up and hug Sooyoung. "Long time no see. I miss you, Soo."

"I miss you too, Sica!" They hugged for a few seconds before pulling away from each other. "You never change, do you? Heard from Fany here that you're still as cold as ever." Jessica slapped Sooyoung's arm and pouted a little. Sooyoung giggled.

While all that happened, Sunny just sat at the side quietly, calming herself down.

"Ah Sooyoungie. Meet Sunny, our friend." Jessica sensed Sunny's awkwardness and introduced her to Sooyoung.

'Why do I feel so shy suddenly? I'm not like this...' Sunny thought as she rubbed her hands together before waving and smiling at Sooyoung.

"Hi! I'm Sooyoung. Tiffany's cousin." Sooyoung held out her hand. 

"Sunny. Nice to meet you." Nervously, she shook her hand with Sooyoung, looking up at her. Their eyes met and Sunny felt her cheeks heating up. Quickly, she take back her hand and bowed her head so that they wouldn't see her cheeks turning red. But she was late. Jessica was smirking, seeing how her plan had worked. Tiffany saw everything too and straight away knew Jessica's plan.

After the short handshake ended, and Sunny looked down, Sooyoung just stared at her. Inside, she was feeling something different but didn't know what it was.

"Ehem. So, Sooyoung!" Tiffany broke the silence, and made Sooyoung look at her. "Did you buy us anything?" Tiffany continued. 

"Of course I did. I'll give it to you next time we see each other. It's stuffed in my luggage." Sooyoung sat on the chair between Jessica and Tiffany, opposite Sunny.

"Okay... Wait here! I'm gonna take something for you. Jessie! Come help me!" Tiffany pulled Jessica's hand and dragged the lazy girl to the kitchen. Sooyoung was too mad for words. She was boiling inside, angry at them for leaving her alone with a stranger. Well, to her, Sunny is a stranger but since she's friends with them, Sooyoung decided to make friends with her. Moreover, Sunny looked like the friendly type and approachable.

"So... Err hi. Nice to meet you." Sooyoung rubbed her thighs with her palms, as she looked at Sunny. 'Can't you come out with something better?' she mindslapped herself.

 

***

 

"You can let go of my hand now." Jessica twisted her hand after they got into the kitchen, trying to free her hand from Tiffany's grip.

"What are you planning, setting them up? They barely know each other." Tiffany said, as she took out the cake from the fridge. 

"Soo said she wanted to see what makes you like Sunny. I think it's because you talk to her about Sunny too much until she have a slight liking for her. Today's not a bad day, right?" Tiffany gave Jessica the '-.-' face and shook her head.

"You really have nothing else to do, don't you?" Tiffany said in English.

"Just wanna have some fun." Jessica shrugged her shoulders and replied back in English, smiling like and idiot who had just won a prize. 

"Fine, do that." Tiffany sighed at her friend, rolling her eyes at the same time, and continued preparing the bibimbap she cooked for Sooyoung earlier. She was planning to do something special, but due to her lack of cooking skills, she downgraded it to a simple dish.

 

***

 

"Hi. Nice too meet you too." Sunny smiled at Sooyoung. The smile that could make everybody cringe. It made Sooyoung's heart contracted for a while. 'Didn't I already said that just now?' Sunny too had her mind blank and didn't know what to say.

Sooyoung took in a deep breath and held out her hand again. "Friends?" Her warm look on her face calmed Sunny down a little.

"Sure." She said cutely and shook Sooyoung's hand. "So... you just got back from....?"

Sooyoung had totally forgotten that she just came back to Korea, and was slightly surprised by Sunny's question. She looked at her luggage which Sunny was glancing at and remembered about it. "Ah... My dad got work to do in Japan. So, we moved there. Me and my sis decided to come back here today, one week before my parents. To catch up on things, you see."

"I see... And you're Fany's cousin?" Sunny already knew about it but she don't believe that Tiffany could be cousins with Sooyoung. They were like two different people. Sooyoung nodded and they started learning more about each other. Sooyoung knew a little about Sunny from back then when Tiffany talked about her while they were chatting. Tiffany had complimented Sunny a lot that Sooyoung had the want to meet Sunny to see what is it with her that made Tiffany like her. She knows now. 

They were so involved in their conversation that they didn't realise the two coming back.

 

"Welcome back Sooyoung!" They had a cake and a plate of delicious looking food with them. Sooyoung's mouth water at the sight of the food. Also because her stomach was grumbling. She took the plate from Tiffany and put it infront of her, licking her lips.

"Wah~ Thank you so much, Tiffany." she was thanking Tiffany but her eyes were fixed on the food. She digged into it while the rest just sat there watching.

Seeing Sooyoung eating deliciously made them feel a little hungry. Jessica nudged Tiffany with her elbow.

"Are you guys hungry? I'll get food for us." Tiffany stood up and walked to the kitchen, not waiting for any replies. She took a few boxes of instant macaroni & cheese and heated them in the microwave oven. 

Meanwhile, Jessica and Sunny continued watching Sooyoung. Jessica was wondering how her friend could eat a lot but not get any fatter. Sunny was.... well. admiring her. 'She even looks good when she's eating hungrily.' she thought.

 

Tiffany shook her head when she returned to the table ten minutes later, and saw her two friends still staring at the shikshin. She put the bowl of macaroni & cheese on the table and three empty plates with three set of forks and spoons beside it. "Eat up." They took one plate each and started scooping the food onto their plates. Even Sooyoung who have just finished her bibimbap, scooped some onto hers.

"Thanggx for ze hood, ha ee." Sooyoung said with her mouth still full. Tiffany just nodded and continued eating.

 

After they finished eating....

"Now, the cake!" Tiffany rushed back to the kitchen and took a knife. At the same time, she looked at her customers. She smiled seeing how her workers were attending to them well and she does not need to help them as there were not a lot of people.

"Welcome back, Sooyoung!" Tiffany pecked her cousin's cheeks as she passed the knife to her.

"Aish. Don't kiss me here. There's other people, you know. And how many times do you want to say that?" Sooyuong wiped her cheek, glancing at Sunny, and taking the knife from Tiffany. By other people, she had specifically refered to Sunny. Somehow she was concerned of Sunny's feeling.

 

Seeing Tiffany kissing Sooyoung made Sunny's heart shifted a little although it was only on the cheek and although she knows that they are just cousins. Her smile weakened. Jessica noticed the two and grinned widely, doing a short victory dance in her head.

After they finished eating, Tiffany saw the time and gasped.

"Oh no! It's nearly two! I have to go now!" She stopped eating and stood up. "Sorry Soo, can't hang out with you now..." She pouted, feeling guilty for having to go just when her cousin just came back. 

"Ani. It's okay. I need to rest anyway." Sooyoung smiled at Tiffany, wiping her mouth with a tissue.

"I'll see you soon." Tiffany winked before leaving the three. "Bye, you all. Enjoy the rest of your day." She pouted and ran off. 

After Tiffany left, Sooyoung excused herself, saying that she wants to rest. Sunny and Jessica decided to go back to work.

 

***

 

Tiffany knew she's not late for the interview but she doesn't want to be the last person to come for the interview. Stepping into the office, she was amazed by the environment of the work place. At Jessica's, everybody is quiet and focused with their work. Rarely, would she find them talking to one another. At KW Corps, however, was the total opposite. Everybody looked friendly and was laughing with their friends. 

She looked around for the secretary's table and saw a small girl sitting alone at a table, busy with her work. She approached the girl who immediately stopped what she was doing and looked up at Tiffany.

"Please sit there for a while. The boss is interviewing someone else at the moment." Taeyeon pointed at the row of chairs lined up against the wall beside Yuri's door. Tiffany bowed and thanked her before sitting at the chair nearest to the door. 

Tiffany fidgeted a lot while waiting. She was starting to feel nervous and her palms were sweating a bit. She breathed in and out deeply to calm herself down but it didn't help.

From across the room, Taeyeon noticed the girl was feeling nervous. She smiled, thinking how cute the girl was looking. Taking a piece of chocolate with her, she walked to the girl and offered it to her.

"Have this. It'll calm you down." she sat beside the girl.

"Thanks." Tiffany took it and opened the wrapper, eating it straight after that.

"Don't worry. Our boss is very kind." Taeyeon tried to help the girl as much as she could and patted her shoulder. 

The girl's sudden touch on her shoulder shocked Tiffany a little. She was breathing unevenly and she didn't know why. Assuming that it was just her nervousness, she thought of nothing else but what to answer for questions that she might be asked. 

A few seconds later, the person Yuri was interviewing left the room. 

"You can go in now." Taeyeon stood up, ready to leave the girl. "Good luck!" she pumped her fist, encouraging the girl.

Tiffany, nervous as she is, took in a deep breath and stood up slowly. She rubbed her hands together. The next thing she do surprised Taeyeon, and also herself. TIffany had hugged the girl lightly, thanking her again before walking into the room.

Taeyeon stood there, feeling a whole lot of different feelings. Happy. Shocked. Confused. Blurred. Everything. But not angry. She smiled dorkily to herself before going back to her table.

 

***

 

Yuri had finished interviewing a number of people and she was starting to feel tired. Everyone she had interviewed so far didn't attracted her. There was one that she was considering to take in, but the next person who came in, changed her mind.

"Good afternoon ma'am, I'm Tiffany Hwang." After knocking the door three times, she entered the room and bowed 90 degrees before walking up to the boss.

Yuri smiled at the sight of the girl she is familiar with. "Good afternoon. Please take a seat." she waved her hand to the seat infront of her.

 

TBC

 

yeah! updated!
BTW, i'll be going on a holiday tomorrow, for four days.... so, can't update till then... :( 
hopefully you can wait. :)

thanks for subscribing! and do comment! :D
love you! <3 ^^