As Sweet as Icing and Honey

Over cake and wine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"They're perfect for each other."

 

 

 

Kris had walked up to the stage set up in the middle of the hall and started reading from this little index cards be had in his hand.

 

 

"Perfect," he repeated.

 

 

"People could also say they belong together."

 

 

He had kept his head low, not once glancing up.

 

 

"I couldn't agree more. Because they are."

 

He nodded as if agreeing with himself.

 

 

 

"They don't fight."

 

 

 


"They always get along."

 

 


"They don't bicker."

 

 


He glanced up once, then proceeded to read, "There are no proble-OH.WAIT."

 

He squinted his eyes as he stared hard at the banner with large letters that spelled out the words:

 

"KIM KAI AND WU SEHUN NUPTIALS"

 

"OH." he acted horrified, stupidly blinking around the large reception room.

 

"This is my brother's wedding.." he said it like he was in awe.

 

"Sehun..and Kai." he muttered into the mic.

 

"What the hell am I talking about then?!" he threw the index cards over his shoulder, "Ahem, sorry. Brought the wrong speech, that was supposed to be for the Park and Byun Nuptial. Oops!"

 

"Yah! You have to write a new one for our wedding now!" Chanyeol had yelled from his seat.

 

He earned a burst of laughter from the crowd.

 

"Aish!!" Kris scratched his head, "Now I have to reword?!" he joked.

 

Baekhyun playfully glared at him, holding up a fist as he said, "I'll make you wear a gown if you won't!"

 

They all laughed at that, with Kris saying "Yes, okay," with a wail.


"Ahemm.Now then." he heaved a deep sigh, "I forgot." he kneaded his temple as if he had a headache, "This is my brother's wedding! I'm sure all their friends, who are gathered here today, know that they fight-"

 

" A LOT!" the crowd cheered.

 

"Thank you for the support! Love you all!" he grinned, waving as if he was a politician needing to win the voters' hearts.

 

"Are you drunk?!" his younger brother, Sehun, shouted from his seat, but he was smiling nonetheless.

 

"Shh, doesn't matter if I am. I have the mic, so you can't stop me!" Kris teased, purposely slurring his speech a bit so he'll sound like he was drunk.

 

"Sheeessus!" Sehun shook his head as he grinned back at his brother.

 

"Like I was saying, and the crowd does agree, they fight, A LOT." he pointed at the crowd, "Your words."

 

"Aye!" they responded, chuckling as Kris bowed.

 

"They disagree on everything." he winked, "Well, except , they-"

 

"ert!" shouted his little brother.

 

"Shhh!" he pressed a finger against his lips, "Guards, please the man in the white tux to the doors, I think he's drunk," he joked, making them laugh again.

 

"Anyway, where was I..hmm.Oh, , yeah, like how they fight, its-"

 

"A LOT!!" thecrowd chorused.

 

"Wow! I love this crowd! Your warming up to it fast!" he exclaimed, giving them a thumbs up.

 

"Yes, A LOT." he sounded amazed, "They should name their first kid that."

 

" 'ALOT'? " a man from the crowd asked.

 

" I was referring to '' but, yeah, 'Alot' can do just fine." Kris snickered as the crowd roared with laughter.

 

"Hyung! You are banned from giving baby names! You're horrible at it!" Kai hollered from his seat, laughing when Kris playfully threatened to throw the mic at him.

 

"Why~? Isn't it both your favorite?" Kris asked, acting innocent.

 

"The only reason you're still standing there and still holding the mic is that the singer isn't here yet!" pouted Sehun, though he didn't sound offended.

 

"Yeah? Well, lucky for me then! Now, stop interrupting my moment!" he gave them a playful glare.

 

Then be proceeded with his speech.

 

"They fight. We all know that."

 

"They don't always get along," Kris shrugged, "He says 'This!' but the other says 'That!'. And when these two don't get along, you can literally feel the 'cold' in their war. They can freeze hell over with it. Believe me, I was one of those victims of it! Tears had soaked my shirt countless times, well, tears and snots..." he creased his brows as if he recalled something, "Come to think of it, I think it's more of snots! This two made use of me like a tissue!"

 

"OOOPPSS!!!" the two acted like kids caught in the act, laughing after as they offered a peace sign to Kris.

 

"OMG.I FEEL SO USED!! URRGGGHH!!" he shivered, crossing his arms over his chest as he sported a 'defiled' expression.

 

"We love you though!" said the two, grinning widely at him.

 

"Oh, hey.Don't go mushy on me now. Let me finish my speech!" protested Kris, though he was smiling.

 

"Hmm, where did we left off,..ah, 'They don't bicker'. Right." he rolled his eyes at that, "Them?!" he pointed at the two.

 

"HEY!!" now it's the two's turn to protest.

 

"NO WAY IN HELL. I think bickering is one of their ways to communicate! But I tend to not want to understand how. Being pulled to that part of their world is scary, so I didn't get into wanting to understand it that much," he shuddered at the thought.

 

"They have problems. Be it trivial things or change-your-life-forever things. They do.Believe me. I'll stand as witness to almost all of them!" his hand raised as if in oath.

 

"BUT," now there was a certain happy gleam in Kris' eyes as he tenderly smiled at the two.

 

"Aren't all couples like that?" he asked no one in particular.

 


"We're humans. We don't get along all the time. It gets boring if we do. So, its fine, right?"

 

He smiled when he saw some nod, the others raised their glass in agreement.

 

"We fight. We bicker with each other. But, isn't that great? It's good to let the other know what you think. Good to let out what and how you feel. We have emotions, don't we?"

 

He smiled when they agreed, heads nodding in unison.

 

"We have problems. Hey, who in this world doesn't have one? I pity him. His life must be pretty boring if he doesn't have one. Because then, he won't have the strive to live. He wakes up day after day after day to a perfect life. To a boring, perfect life."

 

"No excitement."

 

He chuckled when Kai grinned at that.

 

"No drama."

 

Sehun poked out his tongue at him.

 

"Imperfections makes us perfect, doesn't it?"

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun glanced at each other, knowing smiles on their faces.

 

"And, ah.. I wasn't lying when I said these two were perfect though. Suited for each other."

 

"They don't get along 'on some things', yes. One doesn't necessarily like what the other likes. But, what I admire about this two is that, they compromise."

 

He smiled to himself when he saw the newlyweds smile, tightly holding hands as they listened to him.

 

 

"Adjust."

 


"Give way."

 

 

"He wants to listen to rock music because the other likes it . He particularly likes this kind of cake but buys the chocolate flavored one because it's what the other wanted. He isn't really a 'touchy-feely' type of guy, but he hugs him tight. He rarely says I love you, but with him, he says it all the time."

 

"They might not be perfect human beings. Who is, anyway? But, with each other, they are. Like a match made in heaven, they were made for each other."

 

"When they fight, they always make sure to find a way to fix it. I remember a time when this kid, Kai, had stood in the rain, holding a placard that says, " SEHUN IS MY MUSIC! WITHOUT HIM, MY DANCE IS MEANINGLESS." They had a misunderstanding that day, Kai had been late for their date, anniversary date that is, and he had to spend the whole night apologizing, I repeat, in the rain. 'Stupid', I called it. He could have just asked to come in. But he choose to do that instead, professing his love to my brother under the rain, accompanied by lightning and thunder. Dramatic. And I guess my brother found it romantic. And the next day, they're both in the hospital. With high fevers and colds, but it didn't matter. They've reconciled. They held hands as if it was their cure."

 

"And, yes, I can see you yawning, Chen!"

 

"Hahah! Yah!! Hyung! The baby kept me up all night!!" Chen shouted back, receiving a slap from his spouse, Xiumin, who was blushing furiously.

 

"Huh," Kris gave him an incredulous look, "Baby? What baby?" he teased, making Xiumin blush even deeper.

 

Chen winked at Kris, who gave him a small salute while grinning.

 

"Okay,okay. I won't bore you any further with my tales. I know we all are itching to have a piece of that mouth-watering cake! And, I'm hungry, so," he laughed with the crowd.

 

"Anyway," he smiled at the two newlyweds, "I wish you all the happiness in the world. Seeing you both, and witnessing your love story made me believe strongly in love. And I hope, your love can show other people too that Love can make you, not only feel perfect, but complete and contented."

 

The crowd cheered to that.

 

"So, cheers to you!" he raised his glass, followed by the others "Let's see a kiss! A real kiss this time,okay, Kai? I don't want to see something like that horrifying example of a kiss you did at the church!"

 

The crowd roared with laughter at that, growing louder when Kai responded.

 

"Hey! I was shy, okay?" said Kai, snickering when Sehun muttered a 'shy my ' under his breath.

 

"Well, I was honestly nervous," he confessed, "I thought that if I kissed you too hard, I'll wake up and our wedding was just a dream."

 

Sehun looked like he was about to cry, his cheeks flushing pink, "It wasn't," voice strained, he took his spouse's hand in his, "Because I now legally belong to you."

 

Kai smiled at that, he leaned close, murmuring softly, "And I legally belong to you," he kissed him, fullon the lips as he held him in the nape with both hands.

 

He kissed him like he wanted to.

 

 

 

Passionate.

 

 

And the room was filled with hoots and hollers when they continued kissing like it was just the two of them in the reception hall.

 

Kai's hand had travelled down to cup Sehun's , making the other moan in their kiss before they broke it off.

 

They heard Kris groan, "Now, you're just making me jealous! I want someone to kiss too!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Geez, hyung!" Sehu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter