Chapter 5 : Park Jiyeon

Special A
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Jiyeon

 

Steps…

Steps…

Steps…

----

The sounds of rushing footsteps could be heard echoing in the hallway of hospital building, followed by a heavy breathing. A raven haired girl was running all the way to the emergency room of Hanshan hospital. Drops of sweat began to trail off her temples as she kept on running.

----

Steps…

Steps…

Tears dripping down

Panic corrupted her

“Please be okay. Don’t leave me” she kept mumbling the exact same words all over again.

She prayed and prayed something bad was not going to happen, but the anxiety she had just wouldn’t fade away.

----

Steps…

Steps…

And with her uneven breathe; the girl finally reached the place she was running to. She saw her best friends already gathered in front of the emergency theater. Soyeon was trying to comfort the crying Qri, while Eunjung was sitting not so far from them, leaning her body on the wall, crying as well.

“Jiyeona” Soyeon called out her name as she realized the other girl's presence.

“How.. how is she?”Jiyeon asked though she could have figured out what was happening by the gloomy look on Soyeon’s face and the painful cry of her two best friends.

Soyeon looked at her sympathetically. She shook her head and muttered a word “They can’t save her”

“No,” the girl denied forcefully while looking at her friend sternly.

“Jiyeona,” Qri managed to choke out as she rose from her sitting position. She stepped closer to the broken girl.

Jiyeon shook her head violently, “No!” she repeated louder, tears streamed down her face as she sobbed loudly. “She won’t leave me! She promised she would never leave me! She said that she would always be by my side.. forever” she whispered the last word as her body stumbled down on the floor.

Qri rushed forward to comfort her as the dam broke and their tears flowed freely. Jiyeon’s face was now covered by her hand as she shook violently in sobs.

The two best friends grieved in each other's arms at the loss of their precious one.

----

Jiyeon’s eyes shot open as she was woken up by the dream. She gasped, cold sweat already covered her slightly pale face. The painful day had happened over a year ago, yet the same nightmare won’t stop hunting her, every single time she closed her eyes. She could still remember and feel the pain vividly as if it was happening yesterday.

Her mind did not recognize she was awake until a soft voice asked in concern

“Gwenchana?”

She tilted her head slightly to the side and found Hyomin was looking at her with a worried expression washed over her face.

“Why are you so quiet? Please say something”

Jiyeon stared at her. She could feel her lips slowly move upwards. “Gwenchana” she muttered assuring the worried girl.

She turned her gaze to her surrounding. Everything was white. That’s when she realized she was lying in hospital ward.

She recalled back the accident from earlier; when she tried to save Hyomin from getting hit by a car. She ran and pushed the girl causing both of them to fall and rolled on the street. She remembered her head hit something hard before everything went dark.

She moved her hand to touch the bandage that wrapped around her head.

“Thank you for saving me” She heard Hyomin’s voice said. Giving her attention back to the girl, Jiyeon stared at her.

"And sorry for your injured head" the brunette added, lowering her head.

"It's okay" Jiyeon spoke "I believe you'll do the same if I'm the one who's going to get hit" she gave the other girl a warm smile "...Just be careful next time"

"Jiyeon sshi you're awake" a doctor came into her room with a nurse followed suit behind him. "How do you feel?"

"My head hurts a bit" the girl replied honestly.

He nodded, "we've checked your condition. Thankfully there is no serious injured"

"Can I go home?"

The doctor gave her a soft smile "You can, but it's better if you stay here for a day"

----

"Are you sure you're okay? The doctor said it's better if you stay-"

"I'm fine" Jiyeon cut her before Hyomin could finish her words. The two were on their way heading to Jiyeon's condo. The girl insisted to go home despite the doctor's suggestion to stay at hospital.

"Besides.. I hate staying in hospital" she continued

"Waeyo?"

Jiyeon gave her a weak smile "Just because"

The ride to Jiyeon's condo was quiet. Hyomin looked at the girl sitting beside her. She noticed something was off with her since they left hospital. Jiyeon kept staring absentmindedly at the view outside the window. Sometimes, the girl would  let out a deep sigh as if something was bothering her.

Is she really fine? Hyomin thought. She was really worried about her.

 

"Do you live by yourself?” Hyomin asked when they arrived inside Jiyeon’s condo and noticed no one was the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter