finale.

I'll Be the Wings (That Keep Your Heart In the Clouds)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He groans for the umpteenth time that day. He closed his eyes and rubbed his temples slowly. It felt as if his cognitive system, especially his brain, was about to fall out and defuse. He had been fussing over the same problem for more than thirty minutes now, and it was giving him a massive headache.

 

Writer's block is quite common and doesn't come as unknown for writers all around the world. It is basically a stage all writers go through in their career—a stage they dread. The moment where their brain refuses to think of an original and interesting idea and just completely causes chaos in the writer's career. 

 

For Byun Baekhyun, his problem was exactly that. He was seated in his black rotatable chair, mindlessly biting his lip. The lights in his bedroom were still brightly , and he was pretty sure he had Tao's eyes right about now. Well, maybe not quite. He sure did have eye bags, though.

 

His macbook pro was on, the Microsoft Word application opened and yet to be filled with words. He tried to create a new idea as hard as he could, but to no avail, all he could think of was the disappointment he'd get if he was to prolong the release of his new book for one more week. His readers have definitely been awaiting anxiously, and in times like these are where he would actually feel insecure of his own writing pieces.

 

The white virtual page was blank, filled with little to no words as Baekhyun kept on typing a sentence and completely erasing it afterwards over and over again. He sighed momentarily, for he knows. He knows that it would take him quite some time until he finds a fresh idea for him to write about. He knows that it would damage his career if he were to release a not so amazing book to the public. The media is cruel, but that's just how it works. They expose the negatives of one icon, affecting other people's opinions on the said icon. In this case, the icon was Baekhyun.

 

The first two books he had written were successful, but not really. It didn't sell as much as the third one he wrote, and although the first book was longer than the third, he had poured a lot more emotion into the third book. He figures that his flowing emotions were the reason as to why people liked the book.

 

Baekhyun himself loves reading books. He has read tons of books already, written by various authors. From Percy Jackson to Black Beauty, to even a few Harry Potter novels. Although people seemed to have liked Harry Potter a lot, Baekhyun found it a little dissatisfying. There were a lot of sequels—or episodes, as you may call it—to Harry Potter, and it just felt like the plot was being dragged out for too long. Baekhyun respected others' judgement though, so he didn't really mind if they didn't agree with him.

 

Baekhyun sighed in distress as another ten minutes had been spent wasted of trying to produce a high quality book idea but ultimately failing. The moment he and his macbook pro were in at the time was comparable to a painter and a canvas. The painter would have his brush and paint ready, thinking of the picture that he would be drawing while the canvas would just patiently wait for it to be painted on.

 

Ever so suddenly, a knock to Baekhyun's bedroom door was heard. He quietly groaned and rolled his eyes as he prepared to get up from his comfortable position and scold whoever dared to disturb his usual nighttime writing session. 

 

"Chen, I swear to God if it's you—" he stopped mid-sentence for who he saw wasn't the troll of EXO, but instead a tall, handsome young man that had a defined jawline and a face that looked as set as stone. Baekhyun knew that face too well, knew him too well. How could he not, when they're basically dating?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter