ONE

Cat Lover

70492002.jpg

 

It was a special Sunday morning. Although the sun was shining just like how it’s supposed to, Ah Yeong was not as groggy as how she always is. Ah Yeong planned to get herself a companion that she always wanted, a cat. She had been planning since last night and Ah Yeong didn’t even get a wink of sleep! She was thinking about what kind of cat she wanted, what name it should have or even what kind of place the cat should sleep in. Even though she cleaned her apartment and set the cat tower plus other smaller details for the whole day yesterday, the thought of having a cat killed her fatigue.

The morning was quite warm so Ah Yeong had her naturally black curly hair in a bun and she was finally out of her apartment. Dressed in the most casual black and white stripes top and simple dark blue jeans with her black flats, Ah Yeong headed to the nearest pet shop in her neighbourhood with full of excitement. She already set her eyes on a grey Persian cat yesterday when she searched up online. Ah Yeong hoped and prayed that there would be one over at the nearby shop for sale. The pet shop wasn’t that far away, probably just a 15 minutes’ walk from her apartment. Upon reaching, she excitedly pushed the door wide open. Overly excited Ah Yeong didn’t realized that there was a man behind the door and accidentally smacked him from the back.

‘Oh my, I’m sorry.’ She bowed at him apologetically. ‘Are you okay?’

The man who had slightly light orange hair and a western face stared at her for a while before nodding. ‘It’s okay miss.’ He got up and let out a slight sigh before sweeping off the dust from his black shirt.

Ah Yeong who was embarrassed gave a forced smile as she turned to walk away. How could I have been so careless? Ah Yeong quickly moved over to the Feline section to run away from the man. Once she got there, looked over her shoulder to see that the man had disappeared. I hope he’s okay.

-

Dong Woon got up as he looked at the girl who was apologizing to him. He was lost for words for a bit. He had never seen a girl so pretty with her hair tied up. What more curly hair? He snapped out of his short daydream. 'It's okay miss.'

Dong Woon wanted to introduce himself before she left but the girl made a run before he could do anything so he decided to just keep his introduction for another day. He rubbed his back before heading over find a pet for himself.

He wandered around the store in hopes to find an animal that he'll like but nothing seemed to catch his attention. He wanted a pet that was quiet but at the same time affectionate but it seems that the animals there were either too playful or really unfriendly.

'Dog or cat? I can't have both can't I?' He asked himself before approaching a staff for help. Dong Woon described the type of pet he wanted in detail and it took a while before the staff could tell him which ones were similar to his descriptions. Dong Woon was a little picky. There were many choices to choose from but it seems that he didn't seem attracted to them at all. Except one.

'I want her!' Both of them said in unison.

Ah Yeong looked up to see that the person who picked the same cat as her. He was the man whom she hit at the front door just now. He’s okay. Ah Yeong looked away for a bit before composing herself. 'I picked her first.' She blurted out confidently. She must have this cat. It was exactly what she wanted.

However, it seems that the man wasn't giving up his choice either. 'I want her too.' He spoke before squatting down and offering his hand to pat the cat's fluffy head, 'You're mine.'

The cat which was quiet at first started to move towards Dong Woon without a single hesitation as he offered to pat her head. Ah Yeong didn't want to give up. She wanted this feline. It was the one that she has been dreaming about ever since she managed to get herself an apartment of her own. 'I've been wanting this cat, um...'

'Dong Woon.'

'Oh, so you’re Korean. Anyway, I've been wanting this cat Dong Woon-sshi. Can you let me have it instead?' She tried her best to beg the man. She tried to sound desperate. He did show some signs of defeat but he started to touch the Persian again. Ah Yeong who was disappointed only managed to look down at her shoes hoping that she can change her own mind since Dong Woon wasn't going to change his. The staff behind him looked over at the disappointed girl before approaching her.

'Miss, I can show you other cats if you're interested. Sir, please proceed to the counter to write up some documents.'

Ah Yeong only nodded and headed to another section where there were more felines. Dong Woon who was left alone with the feline felt a little bad inside. He looked at the cat who wasn't interested in him anymore. 'Do you want her, kitty?' The cat meowed. Dong Woon thought for a bit. He knew he wasn't the type to give in so easily, what more over something that he really wanted but somehow he was hurting inside as well. 'Alright, I'll get her for you okay?'

Dong Woon asked another staff to help him get the cat to the counter and headed off to find the girl. He looked around. ‘Where can you be?’ He said to his small heart. After scanning through many sections, he finally managed to find the girl playing around with another cat all alone. He watched her for a while. She really did look sad but she was still actively playing with the Siamese. She must be a cat lover. Dong Woon then slowly approached the girl sitting on the floor. 'Hey, I'll take this cat.' He tried his best not to sound disappointed at his own decision to give up the Persian.

The girl only glance at him and then had her attention back to the Siamese. Ah Yeong was disappointed at how Dong Woon was so good looking but not gentlemen enough to let her have the cat. She continued playing with the Siamese, ignoring the fact that Dong Woon was staring straight at her. Dong Woon took a sit beside her and watched her play with the cat.

‘What’s your name?’

‘It’s Ah Yeong.’

Dong Woon moved in closer and whispered into her ear. ‘The Persian is yours Ah Yeong, I’m taking this Siamese.’

Ah Yeong who was startled by what Dong Woon did, blushed. She looked over to Dong Woon to see him smiling brightly like as if what he did wasn’t so called inappropriate. ‘Are you really giving it to me?’ She asked as she was unsure of what this man wanted. It wasn’t like he had to really give her the Persian. She was already accepting the fact that she had to go somewhere else to find a Persian.

‘Yes, I am.’ He answered.

‘Why? Didn’t you want it so much? Why are you giving it to me?’ She asked, feeling a little bit agitated. Dong Woon wanted the Persian just now but now he’s here to take the Siamese that Ah Yeong was already holding. The little Siamese jumped out of Ah Yeong arms and ran over to Dong Woon. She meowed and meowed until Dong Woon picked her up and her head.

‘Because she likes me more than she likes you.’ Dong Woon lied. The actual fact was that he felt like a jerk for not giving Ah Yeong the Persian that she wanted. ‘Come on, let’s go to the front to pay up.’ Dong Woon took Ah Yeong’s hand and held Siamese in the other. Ah Yeong let herself be dragged by Dong Woon. Oh my god, why is he holding my hand? She felt little butterflies hogging her stomach as she followed Dong Woon to the counter. The Persian cat was already in its cage for Ah Yeong to bring home. The Persian meowed excitedly when she saw Ah Yeong walking towards her. ‘I’m taking this Siamese instead, please give her the Persian.’

The staff smiled and nodded her head. ‘Good choice, sir.’ The staff then passed both of them their respective forms. After filling up the stack of forms, Ah Yeong paid for her Persian and Dong Woon paid for his Siamese. Ah Yeong turned towards Dong Woon and thanked him for letting her have the Persian. She then left quietly and walked towards her apartment. Dong Woon who just finished paying, managed to chase after Ah Yeong before she disappeared.

‘Ah Yeong!’ He shouted from afar. The girl then turned to see Dong Woon walking as fast as he can towards her. She stopped and gave him a questioning look. Dong Woon finally reached her. ‘Ah Yeong, you can have this Persian if you grant me a wish.’ Ah Yeong squinted her eyes. She wondered what the man wanted. ‘Give me your phone.’ He ordered. Ah Yeong took out her phone and passed it to him even though she knows what he wants. Dong Woon frantically punched in a few numbers and then handed the phone back to her. ‘I’ll call you when I want you to grant my wish!’ He sped off with his little Siamese.

Isn’t my number your wish? Ah Yeong kept her phone in her pocket and headed back home. She set her Persian down into its new home. The cat meowed and started to run around her apartment. The Persian played around the cat tower and climb the little stairs that Ah Yeong set up for her. ‘Finally, a cat of my own.’ She grabbed her Persian and kissed its fur. ‘I shall call you.. umm… Gray.’

Watching Gray run around all excited made her happy. Gray was indeed the type of cat she wanted. However, looking at Gray before was different from looking at it now. All Ah Yeong could see when she plays with Gray was the not so gentlemen Dong Woon. Dong Woon was starting to fill her mind and she’s feeling all funny inside. Not that she doesn’t like Dong Woon. She was just amazed at how Dong Woon changed in just a bit when she walked away from the Persian. She didn’t expect Dong Woon to give it up easily because Ah Yeong herself didn’t want to give up.

After playing around, she finally remembered that Dong Woon did something in her handphone just now. Ah Yeong left her cat alone for a bit and took out her phone. She scrolled through her phone book and saw a new contact in section D, Dongwoonie(동운이). She rolled her eyes and laughed. Dong Woon was so childish to put his name as that. He was indeed trying to act cute. Little did she know, Dong Woon managed to mark today as the day that they first met as well as the next date that he’s planning to meet her.

-

Dong Woon who was already home held his phone is his hand. He played with the delete button on the textbox. ‘Ah Yeong wouldn’t text me right, kitty?’ He asked his Siamese that was lying by his side but the Siamese only looked at him and went back to itself. ‘Should I text her first?’

 

---

Author's Note:

So here's Chapter 1, and Chapter 2 might take longer as i still have to update The Curse Of The House. But i will try my very best to update this ASAP. Anyway, enjoy this chapter while i get back to the main fanfic.

Check out my other fanfics!

Will You Be Okay?

The Curse Of The House

Pancakes

Only Him