The Hooded Man

The Hooded Man

The Hooded Man

Walking ALONE on a dim lighted road, three blocks away from civilization (five if you count it all the way to his home) is scary; that’s what the ten year old Min Yoongi thinks...

But then...

Walking alone WITH a hooded figure (who seems to be following you) on a dim-lighted road three blocks away from civilization is scarier than ; and trust him, even ‘scarier than ’ is an understatement at this point.

He wouldn’t even have notice the figure’s presence if he hadn’t look back at the sound of a cat. A black cat, so to say. His eyes followed it and suddenly, a hooded figure seemed to appear from nowhere. A normal, logical guy would’ve just shrugged it off. Unfortunately, Min Yoongi isn’t anywhere near logical... well, at the moment that it is.

He mentally curses himself for watching all those Friday night marathons and reading all those horror stories affiliated with dead clowns and lunatic murderers because right now, what seems to be happening looks more like one of those stories he have read at the internet.

Dim lighted road... Check.

Crazy-looking hooded man... Check.

Genius ten year old blond with a lot of swag... Check.

‘Perfect! Just perfect!’ he tells himself sarcastically. ‘Come on Yoongi, think! There’s gotta be at least one story you’ve read that doesn’t include the genius ten year old with a lot of swag, dying!’

 

Hooded man follows Genius ten year old blond with a lot of swag.

Genius ten year old blond with a lot of swag dies.

‘... Ok, that’s not really very helpful.’

 

Hooded man follows Genius ten year old blond with a lot of swag.

Genius ten year old blond with a lot of swag runs.

Genius ten year old blond with a lot of swag dies.

‘... So running isn’t a good option.’

 

Hooded man follows Genius ten year old blond with a lot of swag.

Genius ten year old blond with a lot of swag runs like bat- crazy.

Genius ten year old blond with a lot of swag arrives at home safely.

Genius ten year old blond with a lot of swag dies.

‘How come I get the feeling that my suppose-to-be escape plan fail to attend the part where I’m supposed to live?!’

 

He took a deep breath, trying to calm down his inner self who wanted to shout bloody murder at her mother’s face for making him go out at such night (about 09:25 pm of October 13, Friday).

 ‘Okay Yoongi, maybe you’re overthinking this. Maybe he’s not a creepy hooded man with a crazy lunatic-like grin on his face who’s about to chop your head off while saying something like ‘why so serious?’... Wait, am I still on the same story?

Anyway, what I’m trying to say is that maybe he’s just some random guy from our town.’

“That’s right!” he unconscious stated out loud. He laughed out loud at the thought of it all and imagined how silly he’d be if ever that happened (which he internally prays to be happening).

‘Then again, if he were, why doesn’t he call me up? I mean, it’s not like everyone doesn’t know me at our place. Basically everyone knows every single resident living on our town... A new comer maybe?

A loud shriek was heard (A/N: probably the other  guy's ringtone) and Yoongi’s train of thought was cut off. He felt his blood running cold as he hears what sounded was a chainsaw in sync with the screaming (A/N: still the rightone here people). The sound filled his head. He wanted to walk faster but noticed his feet standing in the same spot for a couple of seconds before he found himself turning toward the direction of the other figure behind him.

‘RUN! Run dammit!’

‘, Min Yoongi! Don’t you dare in turn lazy around! Don’t you in dare!’

The sound stop and Yoongi couldn’t be more relieve...

Yep, except for the fact that he was now staring at the grey hooded figure a few feet away from him. The latter was holding his phone in front of his face (not exactly enough for him to see his killer’s face), as if talking to someone and stopped as he noticed Yoongi still. They both looked at each other for a couple of seconds before Yoongi felt his heart stop.

The hooded guy grins and starts to walk towards him.

‘That’s it’ he thought to himself. ‘I’m gonna die here.’

His hands began searching for something... ANYTHING, in his pockets. ‘I’m gonna die here and I’m either gonna be either chopped or stab to death. I’ll be crawling with on my own pool of blood while screaming my dignity out and...’

‘….’

‘Oh, it.’

The figure stopped a few feet away as Yoongi raises what looks like a pen (a Disney Princess’s pen to be exact. Full of pink and hearts and everything. How he got it, may no one know). He knows it looks comical and would definitely oppose his principle of ‘Swag or nothing’ but any of those doesn’t matter anymore... Does it?

He mentally thanks himself for not shaking and fainting at the spot as the other guy stood still. ‘Hey, maybe it’s working?’

The hooded guy chuckled.

‘Guess I spoke too soon.’

“What are y-”

“Don’t you ing dare move any further or so help me, I will poke your ing eyes out with this pen!” he growled as he noticed the other who was about to take a step towards him.

He can see the other stiffen and mentally praises himself for the job well done. Still, he cannot hide the fact that fear still lingers inside him. He still couldn’t think that straight. Unconsciously, he took a step forward, pen still aiming at the other who took a couple of steps back, feet visibly shaking.

In Yooongi’s perception, he was holding on for dear life; clearly too oblivious to the fact that he looks more like what he thinks of the other than the other itself. ‘I should survive. No, I WILL survive!’

 

Yep...

Okay, I think it’s time for us see this in a different angle…

 

Sweat immediately started forming as what once seemed to be amusing thing he used to watch at shows is happening to him right now.

Amusing?

Ha! He’d laugh hard (and trust him, he did… or tried at least) if it weren’t for the black hooded guy sounded so damn serious talking about poking his eyes out with the pen the other is holding.

‘I knew it! This is why I hate rural towns! This guy must be some sort of lunatic (with the black hoodie and all)! I knew I should’ve ran from the start when he started laughing and talking all by himself! , is this guy serious?’

The hooded man took a step towards him which made him took a step back, feet visibly shaking. ‘Oh my god!’

“I… Thinking… You… No… Wrong… Mind!” He said wailing his arms around while shaking his head which the other responded by slightly tilting his head.

Great! Now his lack of Korean words is gonna get him killed.

He knew he should’ve taken those extra online classes when he had the time, but the stubborn man he is, Park Jimin decided not to; thinking that understanding them is enough.

Obviously, it isn’t.

“What the hell is he trying to say?” Yoongi unconsciously muttered.

“Me. I’m no Korean! I came from America! I can speak limited Korean so please… Kill no… Death no… Killed no… Dying no….No no no no no!” Jimin tried to say all the Korean words related to the word ‘killing’ that he remembered.

Yoongi raised his brows, not that the other can see (because he too he is wearing a black hoodie which I don’t think he notices). Pausing for a sec, he peered at the other.

Giving a good look at it, the other figure seemed just about his size, maybe shorter. But Yoongi knows better than to put his guard down. Eight years of watching tv showed him what a 16 inch doll could do, what more on someone like him?!

“Besides, most killer are crazy hooded Americans…” he mumbled. “ ! This I say that again out loud?!”

“FOR YOUR IN INFORMATION, I AM NOT CRAZY! AND HAVE YOU LOOKED AT YOURSELF? YOU’RE THE ONE IN THE ING HOODIE HOLDING A ING PEN THREATENING TO POKE MY ING EYES OUT!” Jimin shouted in English. He couldn’t take it anymore. He’s scared less here and this guy- wait, did he just insult Americans?! “AND AMERICANS ARE NOT CRAZY HOODED KILLERS! YOU ARE!”

Yoongi widen his eyes. He did not expect the other to suddenly burst out like that. “What the are you talking about?!”

“Yoongi hyung!”

The two stopped to look at the silhouette standing behind Yoongi.

“Namjoon?”

“Yoongi hyung!”

“Namjoon-hyung?!”

“...Jiminie?”

“Jiminie?!”

“What are you two doing?”

“You know this guy?!” The both of them said in unison (Jimin in English). Namjoon just nodded. He looked at the two, noticing a slightly quivering Jimin and Yoongi who is still pointing the pen dangerously at the other.

“What the are you doing?!” He eyed Yoongi.

… … … …

Namjoon laughed all the way to town as the two tells him their side of the story. He couldn’t count how many times he fell to the ground and laughed his out; it was that funny. Of course he received a few kicks and cusses from Yoongi and a pout from Jimin, but he really couldn’t help himself.

“Namjoon hyung-! This is no time to laugh! He scared the out of me! I almost pee my pants! I swear just lost half of my life back there!” The younger whined (still in English). He glared at the blond and immediately looked away.

Yoongi caught sight of the younger looking at him. He found it cute how the said ‘Jimin’ would pout, it’s quite endearing he thought.

He couldn’t thank Namjoon more for intervening at that time. A minute after the talk, the other ,‘Jiminie,’ took of the hoodie covering his face and made Yoongi realize just how grave of a sin he was about to commit (and with a pen that’s not his, no less).

The other has a dark brown hair, bangs eye-level, has the most adorable cheeks, and the plumpest full lips he have ever seen. The kid wasn’t a crazy psychotic hooded murderer, he’s an angel!

“What did he say?” he whispered to Namjoon, not understanding a word the youngest of the three said. Namjoon smiled at him sympathetically and eyed Jimin.

“Hyung, I did tell you he’s the son of Mr. Jung Hoseok right?”

The older huffed. “Yeah, I heard. So”

“You do know they just moved in two days ago from America right?”

“Hmmm…”

Namjoon sighed. Leave it to his hyung to not give a damn about everything.

“Hyung, they’re currently residing right across your house.”

“… They are?” Yoongi can’t help but feel a bit embarrass and happy at the new found discovery. ‘But still! Yoongi! Just across your house! Just across your ing house!’.

“I haven’t seen him yet though…”

“How could you? When you’re so busy making music at that dirty old basement you call your studio, you caveman.”

“Hey! You can call me whatever you like, caveman…”

“Grumpy old grandpa.”

“…grumpy old grandpa…”

“Creepy looking hooded murderer.”

“…creepy looking hooded murde- wait, what?” he looked over at Jimin. The younger never talked to him let alone acknowledge his presence while the three of them walk for he would always look away or talk to Namjoon since the guy’s ‘good’ at English.

“I said, ‘Creepy looking hooded murderer’. You said we could call you anything right?” Jimin said in fluent Korean which Yoongi raised a brow at Namjoon.

“What? He asked.”

“… O-kay, as I what I was saying, never mess with my studio! And bull, you love my music!”

Namjoon rolled his eyes whereas the younger, still furious muttered a few silent curses at Yoongi. ‘Cocky .’

“As much as I’d love to see you two scare yourselves less, I better go. I still have to visit Jin hyung. Poor guy’s bed-sick so, you know, being the best boyfriend and all…”

Yoongi scoffed. “God bless Jin hyung and his ‘oh-so best boyfriend and all’s soul.”

Jimin chuckled at the statement which Yoongi heard. He glanced at the boy and hell, he can feel his soul slowly being lifted by angels all the way to the heaven; it was the most beautiful sight he has ever seen and he knows he could just die right there. But of course, there’s still Namjoon, God of Destruction, Lucifer’s follower and he’s pretty sure the next ruler of hell as he was elbowed and brought back to reality.

“The kid hold grudges. Please try not to threaten him with another pen as soon as I leave.” Namjoon whispered to him before leaving and Yoongi can’t help but think of the chances Namjoon might be hit by vehicle on the way to Jin hyung and die.

… … …

After a long awkward silence, they finally arrive. Yoongi, figuring it would be disrespectful (and of course would leave a bad impression to the other) decided to apologize. Maybe it IS quite his fault (which it is), and he should at least commend for what he has done (which he should).

“Uhm… J-Jimin.” He called.

The younger who was about to open the door glanced at Yoongi, brows still furrowed. Yoongi gulped. He scratched the back of his head and took a deep breath.

“L-listen, about what happened. I’m… uhm… you see… I’m really sorry.”

“…”

“…”

“…”

“… uhm… Jimin?”

“If you ever say anything bad about America and Americans ever again, then dig your own grave.”

‘What?’

“… O-kay…”

“Okay then.” Jimin nodded and gave Yoongi a smile before going inside.

There it was again, Yoongi could feel his tummy flutter and he found himself crossing the road to their house with a gummy smile completely plastered on his face.

Everything was well lit in his perception; he can even hear the black birds on the wire posts singing melodious songs for him (‘wait a minute... are those crows?!).

He froze...

He saw the light…

“ing !” He cursed under his breath as he tries to stand up. Who the hell rides a bike this time of the night? And with that speed too! Yoongi was sure to give the rider a piece of his mind… and maybe his fists as well.

“I’m so sorry!” cried the boy with an orange marmalade hair who’s pedaling bat crazy, away from Yoongi who just ruffled his hair in frustration.

‘He got away! Aish, he left without even helping me, then this?!’

“Slow down next time you ing brat!”

 

 

… …

DONE :D

 

Extra scenes for Chim….

“Happy Birthday son!”

“Happy Birthday hyung!”

Jimin’s eyes widen at the sight of his dad and youngest brother with a cake at hand. He could feel his mouth tearing as he smile widely at the two.

“So, how’s your night at the mall?”

Jimin’s face immediately fell at his fathers’ question. Hell, no. Please don’t make him remember.

“Dad, please don’t do that again. Really, if you wanted to plan a surprise for me, drug me to sleep or anything instead of making me go out.”

“Hyung, are you alright? You seem really tired.”

“I got lost looking for the mall…”

“Oh.”

“… and then I got lost asking for directions to the mall…”

“I told you to get those extra classes.”

“… and by the time I got there, the mall was closed. Actually, it was closed for the whole day.”

“That sounds terrible hyung.” The younger hugged Jimin which the older thanked. God, he really needed it at the moment. He hasn’t even told them the worst part of the day but figured he’d let that pass. After all, he did get to know a cute blond’s name just across their house.

....

“So… Who went home with you?”

“Who what?” Jimin ask. He never really listened much as he was too hungry for what happened a couple of hours ago and no question’s gonna stop him from taking another bit from his meal.

“Jimin hyung came home with someone?” the youngest asked, eying his hyung intently.

“Kookie, I didn’t ‘came home with someone’, and no dad. Don’t even think about saying another word. Let’s just enjoy the meal, okay. I’m really REALLY tired.”

“Fine, fine.”

“…”

“…”

“…”

“So the guy…”

“Guy?”

“Argh! Dad!”

“… I saw him smiling after you went in.”

“Smiling?”

“Kookie, please stop repeating what dad says.”

“Actually Kookie, it was more like grinning…”

“Dad…”

“G-grinning?! What?! Some psychopath’s taken hyung home?!”

“Stop overreacting Kookie! And for the ing non-existing love life of GD and Doni’s sake, please stop ignoring me!”

“Yep… Grinning.”

“Like some idiot?” At that, the two looked at Jimin who gave up and continue eating.

“...Of course that was before he got hit run over by a bicycle.”

“…What?”

“Wow! He is an idiot.”

“I heard him curse too!”

Jimin chuckled as he imagine it; seeing it happen to the blond with his own eyes. Guess karma’s just that quick.