-final-

Stop liking Kim Jongin!

LuHan was five years old when he first saw Kim Jongin on the television. His eyes sparkled in awe as he watched the kpop idol dance handsomely on live broadcast. The cookies on the table were disregarded with the boy’s full attention on the TV screen. “Mama! Mama! What is hyung’s name?” he asked eagerly while pointing at the screen. Mrs. Lu, who was sitting next to her son, fixed her glasses and read the name on the screen, “It says Kim Jongin.”

“OH! OH He is Jongin-hyung!” LuHan exclaimed, clapping his hands.

“That’s right, Lulu. Why do you ask?”

A bright smile graced on his lips. “Lulu likes him!” he chirped.

From that day on, LuHan’s fondness towards the older boy grew. He likes Jongin for two reasons; one, he dances very well. Jongin debuted only a month ago but he already gained a lot of fans and supporters because of his remarkable skills in dancing. Whenever he watches Jongin’s show, he would dance along and mimic his expressions. The second reason why the little boy idolizes his Jongin-hyung a lot is because of his adorable side. During interviews, the little boy’s brown orbs would grow twice their size as he listens to the conversation he barely understands. Each time Jongin does aegyo, LuHan would giggle and cheer for him.

Mr. Lu noticed this and decided to tease his son a little. LuHan was happily watching a TV show where Jongin was promoting his album one afternoon when his father told him to stop liking the older boy. 

"Lulu, why do you like him so much? You should stop it."

Those words did not pass through his ears like nothing. The little boy felt bad about what his father said so he looked up to the old man, glaring. "No! Lulu likes Jongin-hyung!"

"Lulu, you should listen to me. Turn off the TV and work on your homework."

LuHan quickly stood up and started breathing heavily. He was balling his fists a little too hard, glowering at his father. When the old man squinted as a sign of warning, LuHan did not hold back and bawled. He stomped his foot, lips curving down in disapproval. “Daddy is so mean!” he cried. Mrs. Lu heard the commotion from the kitchen and quickly checked what was happening. She found her husband on the living room, holding back a laugh while watching his son go crazy.

The little boy flopped on the floor and stifled a cry, “Lulu likes hyung! Lulu likes hyung! Daddy does not like Jongin-hyung! Daddy is so mean to Lulu!”

 

Mrs. Lu sighed and confronted her husband, “Dear, how old are you? Why are you making our Lulu cry?” She approached her grieving son and started rubbing his back to calm him down, but Mr. Lu pressed on. “You watch him everyday. You forget about your homework for school. You are not helping Daddy to clean your toys after you play because you will draw him all afternoon. That’s not very nice, Lulu.”

“But Lulu wants to draw hyung! Why daddy does not like it? Lulu does it nicely, right Mama?”

Mrs. Lu nodded, “Hush, hush. Yes. You are good at drawing, dear.”

LuHan calmed down a bit; that was until Mr. Lu decided to step up his “mean” game. He turned off the TV. LuHan gasped softly before tears, a lot of them, streamed down his face. Though Mrs. Lu’s instinct was to come after her son and comfort him, she found the boy’s expression too adorable to ignore. Therefore, when she spotted a camcorder on the counter, she quickly grabbed it and started recording. “And I thought I am the immature one,” Mr. Lu commented. His wife shot him a glare before turning to LuHan. “Go ahead, dear. Tell Daddy to say sorry for making Lulu cry.”

The boy just went on crying, wiping his tears with the seam of his shirt. “Daddy, j-just l-let *sniffs* Lulu *sniffs* like Jongin-hyung please? Please, *sniffs* Daddy? Lulu will h-help Daddy *sniff* c-clean the toys. Lulu will *sniff* do the homework. Promise!” The way the little boy pleaded with his face messed with tears tugged a heartstring, causing his father to raise a white flag and take LuHan in his arms. “Aw! Hush hush, baby. I was just joking! Sorry. Daddy is very sorry,” Mr. Lu whispered. He used his fingers to clean up the snot on LuHan’s cheek. “Forgive daddy okay? Don’t cry anymore. You can like your Jongin-hyung as much as you want.”

Mrs. Lu turned off the camcorder and sat next to her husband, wiping away the traces of tears on her son’s cheeks. “You should stop your habit of making him cry,” she said.

“Admit it. You find him adorable whenever he cries like this, too. I am not the only one,” Mr. Lu answered, grinning. The woman observed LuHan as he nestled his face on his Daddy’s shirt, eventually letting out a sigh, “What kind of parents are we?”

 

Mr. Lu chuckled, “Are you going to upload it?” His wife just rolled her eyes and hit him playfully as a response.

-

Kim Jongin was on another TV show one morning when the interviewer introduced him to a video that went viral because of a kid crying over him. The staff let the idol watch it and recorded his reaction. When the video played, Jongin’s lips instantly formed a subtle smile. LuHan happened to be at school that morning so he was not aware that his idol was currently watching him throw a tantrum on national TV.

The female interviewer almost squealed because of LuHan’s cuteness, “I have watched this couple of times already but I still get the same feeling! Isn’t he the most adorable thing?”

Jongin averted his eyes from the monitor and smiled shyly, “Definitely.”

“His name is LuHan and he is six years old. We can conclude that he likes you a lot. He even begged to his father to let him like you. What a sweetheart!” The audience agreed at this and applauded loudly. They noticed how Jongin’s face turned bright red. He laughed awkwardly and nodded. “I wish to meet him someday. I bet he likes dancing, too. Maybe we can dance together. That would be nice.”

True to his words, Jongin surprised the adorable boy on Christmas Eve. Despite his busy schedule, he took time to travel and visit the house of his number one fan boy. Instead of giving the surprise, Jongin got his when LuHan opened the door and immediately jumped on him.  He lost his balance and fell sloppily on the porch.

“Oh my god!” Mrs. Lu exclaimed and rushed to the boy. “I am so sorry about this! Are you hurt, Jongin-sshi?!”

Jongin groaned but nodded anyways. The corners of LuHan’s mouth lifted to form a genuine smile. He was poking Jongin’s cheeks unceasingly. “Hyung, hyung, hyung! Lulu knows you are coming! I heard Mama over the phone. It is surprise, right? Surprise to me!”

The older boy chuckled. He lifted LuHan up as he rose to his feet, “You are the one who surprised me, Lulu. Are you happy to see me?”

“So so happy!”

Jongin chuckled, “That’s great. I am glad to finally meet you. When I saw your video crying over me, I decided to visit you to give you gifts. Do you want to see them?”

LuHan cocked his head to the side and thought briefly. “I don’t know, hyung. Maybe later.” He sure likes presents but for some reason, they did not excite him like usual.

“Oh.” Jongin was surprised and a little disappointed at the boy’s answer. He thought LuHan would be jumping happily because of the presents he personally picked for the boy. He was unaware that LuHan had something else in mind.

 “Hyung, hyung! Let’s have a picture together so Lulu can keep it and see it every day!!! Mama, take Lulu’s picture with Jongin-hyung! Quick, quick, quick!”

Excited for her son, Mrs. Lu pulled out her phone and asked the two to get ready. LuHan glanced at Jongin and was about to smile at the camera when something caught his eyes. “Hyung’s hair should be like this!” With his little hands, he cleared the curly hair draping over Jongin’s forehead; his tongue sticking out in concentration. When he was satisfied, he grinned and clung tightly to the older boy. “Mama! Picture! Do it! Do it!”

Mrs. Lu complied right away. She zoomed in the camera to the boys. “Alright. Get ready the two of you. Give me your best smile!”

LuHan grinned cheekily and faced his Jongin-hyung. When he heard his mom counting from one to three, he jutted his lips and placed a kiss on Jongin’s cheek. Mrs. Lu ended up taking a photo of his mischievous son stealing a kiss from his idol whose eyes opened wide in shock.

“Hyung looks scared,” LuHan commented when he saw the picture. He frowned and looked up to the older boy. “Hyung, are you scared of Lulu?”

Jongin shook his head right away, “No, I am not scared of you, Lulu. Just shocked because I didn’t expect you to kiss me.”

“Hmmmm….”

Jongin sat on his heels and peeked at the camera. He glanced at the little boy who appeared unsatisfied. “We can take another one if you want,” he suggested. In an instant, LuHan’s face brightened. He jumped in excitement and ran to his mom, asking her to take another picture.

“Why don’t I take your picture beside the Christmas tree?”

Jongin nodded, “That would be nice.”

Little LuHan led his hyung inside their house, holding his hand tightly. There, Mr. Lu greeted them. Jongin bowed politely and introduced himself. The old man did the same.

“He really likes you. His drawings can prove it,” Mr. Lu revealed with a chuckle, earning a whine from LuHan. “Daddy! Lulu and hyung will take pictures first. Talk later.” He dragged Jongin next to the gigantic Christmas tree and reached out his arms. “Carry me, hyung.” He looked so adorable and Jongin just could not say no.

“Okay, boys. Time to be cute!”

“Yes!” LuHan exclaimed, flapping his arms in enthusiasm. He took the liberty to stretch Jongin’s lips so the latter would appear smiling.

 “Alright. Smile in 3, 2, 1!”

*clicks*

“How do you like it, dear?” asked Mrs. Lu. Her son was staring silently at the screen; his expression unreadable. Jongin was standing beside him. He thought the photo was great. LuHan looked so happy. He was smiling brightly and Mrs. Lu captured it just right.  “Don’t you like it, Lulu?” he asked.

“Lulu likes it,” the boy murmured. He handed the phone to his mom and smiled shyly. “Lulu just wishes it’s not the last picture with Jongin-hyung.”

Jongin and Mrs. Lu exchanged glances.

“We will take pictures again next time. Right, hyung?” LuHan sounded so hopeful it warmed Jongin’s heart. He smiled assuring and ruffled the little boy’s hair. He suddenly felt like cancelling his schedule for the entire week so he could spend more time with LuHan. Who wouldn’t though? The little boy is a big ball of happiness. He has that contagious smile that can lighten up burden in people’s chest. He has that innocent love that Jongin wants to treasure, and with the boy asking to see him again, he is not the one to say no. “Of course we will. I think this is not the last time we are going to see each other.”

 

“Hmmm… What if hyung forgets about Lulu?”

 

“That won’t happen. You are my number one fan after all.”

 

Those simple words satisfy LuHan’s curiosity. His reply was a sweet smile, genuine and full of hope; the kind of smile that Jongin would most probably remember for the rest of his life.

 

 

-

Author's confession: Did my best to write this fic as 'pure' as possible.

It was a struggle tbh. haha